Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who get's the blame for this girl's death??

'Drug dealers killed my sister'

The family of a 16-year-old girl who died after taking ecstasy have appealed for help to find the dealer who gave her the drug.

Sophie Ksher, from Arlesey in Bedfordshire, died a week after attending an illegal rave at a disused factory in Cressex, High Wycombe.

She had fallen during the night, hit her head and ended up in a coma.

Her family have urged anyone who was at the rave on 31 January to give police information about drug dealers.

Thames Valley Police said Sophie was among about 400 people at the rave.

The people who put my 16-year-old sister in an environment of drugs and alcohol need to be stopped to prevent other people from having to go through what we have

Sophie's brother Mark

After hitting her head she was taken to Wycombe General Hospital where she fell into a coma.

The teenager, who had taken three ecstasy tablets, was then transferred to the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, where she died on 6 February.

Sophie's brother Mark, 29, said on Wednesday he blamed drug dealers for her death.

"She was a victim of tragic circumstances, influenced by older people who did not care about her welfare," he said.

"The people who put my 16-year-old sister in an environment of drugs and alcohol need to be stopped to prevent other people from having to go through what we have.

"Our whole family still has not been able to come to terms with her death and can only hope Sophie realises that we never stopped loving her and never will."

He added: "We will all remember our Sophie as the happy, loving, beautiful young girl who had the cheeky little grin that made everyone's heart melt.

"She loved being involved in sports activities at school, horse riding - she desperately wished that she would have a horse of her own one day - but most of all she loved spending time with her family and friends."

Det Insp Phillip Chandler said the injury to Sophie's head had been thought to be quite minor.

"We think she was knocked unconscious briefly and said she felt groggy," he said.

"She told paramedics and medical staff that she had taken some tablets.

Legal action

"And yet she seemed OK at that point. However, after that her condition apparently deteriorated."

Mr Chandler said the rave organisers would be facing legal action.

Sophie was one of a family of four sisters and two brothers.

Her parents Madaline and Mustafa, an aircraft technician, were too upset to talk publicly.

Anyone with any information about drug dealers at the event can contact the police on 0845 8505 505 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/3479237.stm

Published: 2004/02/11 18:22:54 GMT

© BBC MMIV

"who get's the blame for this girl's death?? "

NOBODY BUT HERSELF. IS THE FAMILY SERIOUS ABOUT TRYING TO FIND THE DRUG DEALER WHO GAVE HER E? THATS LIKE FINDING A NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK.ITS A TRAGEDY WHAT HAPPENED. POINTING FINGERS AT OTHER PEOPLE AND FINDING A SCAPEGOAT ISNT GUNNA GET NOTHING ACCOMPLISHED. ANYONE IS TO BLAME IS THE GIRL HERSELF. SHE WAS SMART AND OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT IS GOOD AND BAD.

Originally posted by bbbooom

AND WHO SAYS E HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS FALL?

exactly, not only that... anyone who buys pills or drugs from strangers at a club is out of there mind and i see it everytime i go out. You never know what your getting especially with pills, if your gona take em bring your own.

im also sorry to here about the loss of this girl but when it comes to e she should of known better. I do hope they find the dealer but its not gonna happen. Let this be a lession to all people who use e your playing in a game of high stakes and the stake is your life

Originally posted by jmw

when it comes to e she should of known better. I do hope they find the dealer but its not gonna happen. Let this be a lession to all people who use e your playing in a game of high stakes and the stake is your life

what are you talking about? :rolleyes: you make it sound like dropping is equivalent to playing russian roullette. i don't see that article saying "girl dies of overdoes" - try girl dies cause she fell and hit her head...head injuries are weird things and people die from swelling of the brain and things like that which result from head injuries.

Of course its possible that what she got there wasn't actually e - but if that's the case then her being dumb enough to take it and whatever it was may have contributed. But E doesn't kill you anymore than drinking does - if you decide to get in a car when you're loaded is it the beer that killed you or your poor judgement in getting in the car?

in fact, i've never heard anyone claim that taking e (one or two in a night) has ever killed anyone. Its always been a combination of people taking things OTHER than e, having a freak accident (like this girl) or being stupid and essentially dying from dehydration and overheating. If a guy has a cup of coffee and then lies out in the desert naked for a whole day and dies of dehydration and exposure i suppose you're gonna tell me it was the caffeine that did it, right?

i never read anything that would suggest that if you sat in your apartment and dropped a pill twice a month that it would effect your life expectency at all.

unlike say...smoking three packs a week, getting behind the wheel of car, believing everything the government tells you, or eating fast food every day for lunch. THEN you'd be playing with your life kid :aright:

Originally posted by barvybe

what are you talking about? :rolleyes: you make it sound like dropping is equivalent to playing russian roullette. i don't see that article saying "girl dies of overdoes" - try girl dies cause she fell and hit her head...head injuries are weird things and people die from swelling of the brain and things like that which result from head injuries.

Of course its possible that what she got there wasn't actually e - but if that's the case then her being dumb enough to take it and whatever it was may have contributed. But E doesn't kill you anymore than drinking does - if you decide to get in a car when you're loaded is it the beer that killed you or your poor judgement in getting in the car?

in fact, i've never heard anyone claim that taking e (one or two in a night) has ever killed anyone. Its always been a combination of people taking things OTHER than e, having a freak accident (like this girl) or being stupid and essentially dying from dehydration and overheating. If a guy has a cup of coffee and then lies out in the desert naked for a whole day and dies of dehydration and exposure i suppose you're gonna tell me it was the caffeine that did it, right?

i never read anything that would suggest that if you sat in your apartment and dropped a pill twice a month that it would effect your life expectency at all.

unlike say...smoking three packs a week, getting behind the wheel of car, believing everything the government tells you, or eating fast food every day for lunch. THEN you'd be playing with your life kid :aright:

Agree with 110% about your comparison of the man who drinks coffee sits in the desert, dies to E because people not informed of the affects it does to you while your body is on it will die for being plain stupid if you gonna ever try anything it would be smart to research it a tad

i just dont get it...

she died because she fell and hit her head...not becuz she took e...

...seriously think about it, when was the last time you saw kids "tipping over" at parties cuz they took a hit of e? :confused:

I still feel sorry that this young girl died...

Slippery Floors @ parties are DANGEROUS!!!!