Clubplanet Nightlife Community

juniors red party review

Guest starscream

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

Junior doesn't suck... but he definately has issues... he has successfully alienated most of his straight fans. I've never heard of a nightclub DJ participating in sexual discrimination. Have you ever heard of a straight DJ excluding gay people???

bumpdaddy, I agree with you 100%. Discrimination is wrong no matter how you cut it. What Junior did back then was plain wrong.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by INSOMATT

I have listened to JR from the tunnel years. The Red Party had to be the worst I have ever heard him spin. I could count on 1 hand how many mixes were on beat. For average folk its no biggie but you get a DJ/Producer to tell me that he was amazing Monday and I will show you someone who is full of shit. In my eyes I see the Red Party as the day I heard a legend fall. He is no longer a Great DJ but was a Great DJ.

He is done....I am sorry...I was so disappointed in him...He has diminished over the years and I finally believe that he no longer feels or believes in what he is doing..

He still producers some great tracks and still produces a great pre-mix show (KTU) but he is done....

Sorry

INSOMATT, I hate to say this - but I agree with everything you wrote, and I am a LONG-TIME Junior fan. He's let us down too many times in the past few years. Even his sets at Earth were so-so, save big events. I think Junior left his soul on W 27th.

Guest starscream

ok i admit junior had some real flops at exit but that did have alot to do with the enivroment....the security was awful to us the bathrooms were disguisting the whole vibe of the place gave us the creeps not because of the club ,its an awesome space,it was the people running the club.im sure when jp starts black it will be a totally diff experiance than it was for us.u see junior set himself free he couldnt deal with it anymore,and when he did that he set his mind free and he got his groove back.for the short 8 weeks he played at sf true the crowds were less than appealing but you know what it didnt matter to us cuz it just felt right.sound factory has the same curtious staff,clean as hell bathrooms...as 27th st sf..which i was apart of for 7 years..hmmm dajavu?anyway the few parties of the 8 weeks jr was on 46th were some of the best club memories of my life.i havnt heard junior spin this good in years and ive been going a long ass time.the red party if you were honestly there and you know juniors parties you know that party was fuckin amazing .i dont care if you were gay str8 bi trans whatever there was not a frowning face in that place.it was a crazy night and somehow i ended up in the dj booth lounge.i just sat there and watched this 57 year old man that looked fuckin good with a little red mohawk for vday,spinning,weeving,tweeking,sometimes 4 at a time mind u ,with passion i felt his passion...and alls i gotta say is ...its not ova......come please before you jump to conclusions juniors deserves a clean slate,he deserves some respect cuz you make think hes washed up but the man is a pioneer in djing and you cant deny that.next party will be black orchid....march 21st thats a sunday...let you know the details when they come.and no im not a promotor but yes i am a big fan of juniors music,but i also do not driscriminate over other djs like jp and victor.if you have any feedback it would be great,if you cant be mature about it dont bother.i just want us all to come together;)

In all seriousness, to say someone is uneducated in music for liking a DJ is probably one of the most asinine things I have ever read. What is the problem with being a JP fan? I'm also a New York Met fan, does that make me an uneducated baseball fan because "they're not as good" as say, the Yankees?

I suppose if I'm an "educated" music lover, I have to be a huge PVD and Tiesto fan. These guys are the best, right? Well I don't think so. I've heard these guys a few times and never really enjoyed them. I suppose that makes me a "dumb clubber".

The thing about JP is that people either really love him, or really hate him. There is no in between. For me, I'd rather hear a JP set than most of the "big-time" DJ's out there, because I like his tracks and the fact that I had some of the best times of my life while he was spinning. Also, I think he is smart about opening his own club instead of working for someone else. If his club makes it, he is going to be a multi-millionare.

well, lets see

kidz bop..............................that is unintelligent,

american idol......................that is unintelligent.

and yes, JP is the "kidz Bop" of the dance industry

sorry,

sad but true.........

Originally posted by someclown

In all seriousness, to say someone is uneducated in music for liking a DJ is probably one of the most asinine things I have ever read. What is the problem with being a JP fan? I'm also a New York Met fan, does that make me an uneducated baseball fan because "they're not as good" as say, the Yankees?

I suppose if I'm an "educated" music lover, I have to be a huge PVD and Tiesto fan. These guys are the best, right? Well I don't think so. I've heard these guys a few times and never really enjoyed them. I suppose that makes me a "dumb clubber".

The thing about JP is that people either really love him, or really hate him. There is no in between. For me, I'd rather hear a JP set than most of the "big-time" DJ's out there, because I like his tracks and the fact that I had some of the best times of my life while he was spinning. Also, I think he is smart about opening his own club instead of working for someone else. If his club makes it, he is going to be a multi-millionare.

Guest starscream
Originally posted by BRIAN1500

I seriously doub that there were 6000 people that were there.

and why do u seriously doubt that they were?is it maybe because you want to think that there wernt 6,000 there soo maybe u would feel a little better that junior didnt have a good turnout if jp can have 11,000 people on new years and everyone is fine with that than why cant junior have 6,000 on valentines?i really dont get it you people just believe what you want to whatever makes you feel good.reality check there were actually a little over 6,000 people there soo go highly doubt someplace else

:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by someclown

No I totally agree, because I know tons of people who are extremely musically educated and like JP. The point is that people who write some of these JPS FAWKIN SICK just remind me of the DRAPER AT EXIT IS THE BEST PARTY type of clubber because of some of the way's they post. So automatically I think uneducated clubber, which a lot are, but definitly not all but it's really true for a lot of people and it does take time. So I apologize for ASSuming ;)

lets get this correct...

there are str8 people that attend junior parties...

yes str8 people get turned away. the core crowd is gay. unfortunately in this society you can't just let a bunch of str8 people coming already f*cked up to an after hours parties with gays. Unfortunately there are people who freak out and may cause trouble. So yes the door people are selective with str8s to make it a safe party environment for everyone. sorry if you feel junior discriminates against str8 people, but us gay people deal with discrimination everyday of our lives. We even have our leaders like George Bush saying horrible things.

Originally posted by starscream

and why do u seriously doubt that they were?is it maybe because you want to think that there wernt 6,000 there soo maybe u would feel a little better that junior didnt have a good turnout if jp can have 11,000 people on new years and everyone is fine with that than why cant junior have 6,000 on valentines?i really dont get it you people just believe what you want to whatever makes you feel good.reality check there were actually a little over 6,000 people there soo go highly doubt someplace else

I see that number as way too high. I am a junior fan so this has nothing to do with JP. THe number you gave is just too high to believe.

Guest starscream
Originally posted by BRIAN1500

I see that number as way too high. I am a junior fan so this has nothing to do with JP. THe number you gave is just too high to believe.

its true u couldnt even barely get up and down the stairs.there wasnt a floor that wasnt crowded.actually i was dancing up on the 4th floor for quit sometime because the dancefloor was soo packed than forget it deb cox came on i had to go see it and i swear i was a little worried i was gonna get crushed by the crowd at points.

Guest starscream
Originally posted by INSOMATT

I have listened to JR from the tunnel years. The Red Party had to be the worst I have ever heard him spin. I could count on 1 hand how many mixes were on beat. For average folk its no biggie but you get a DJ/Producer to tell me that he was amazing Monday and I will show you someone who is full of shit. In my eyes I see the Red Party as the day I heard a legend fall. He is no longer a Great DJ but was a Great DJ.

He is done....I am sorry...I was so disappointed in him...He has diminished over the years and I finally believe that he no longer feels or believes in what he is doing..

He still producers some great tracks and still produces a great pre-mix show (KTU) but he is done....

Sorry

what party were u at?/not juniors red party thats for sure eiither that or you know nothing about music.please if you were there tell me who preformed and in what order.im curious.strange it says u been on since dec 1998 but this was your 1st post?thats odd:rolleyes:

Personally I never cared for JR's type of play, too much hype not enough soul...he always had and still has a arrogence that seems to be with him, but that is usually the case with guys that are short...he never stays too long at any club recently that is for a reason..correct...?

It's all about making money from an owner/DJ/promoter level, you don't pack the place, you get your walkinggg papers. Besides I think JR's selection of musical genere is a bit stale to say the least, maybe he has been burned out, it happens, happened to me and has happened to others. Sometimes you need to take a step back and re-invent yourself...just ask Madonna.

The changing demographics in NYC have caused the club scene that we see today. 20 or so years ago, yeah people did drugs in clubs but were not so blatent about it like today..and definately did not take public transportation to venues. Owners/DJ/Promoters know this and that is why they hit you with door charges, because they know that you will not spend money in the club once you get inside, they already have your money from the door/coat check etc...if you buy a drink, then they have that money too. Just was not like that back in the day.

As far as JP goes never heard him play live so I cannot comment. The TRUE deal is that many of the DJ's that play in the city simple SUCK..!! There are many others worthy of playing that are much, much better than those playing in clubs currently, just that they do not get the opportunity to do so for whatever reason. Look at the core ideal of what American Idol is based on the understand just what I said. If they were truely that good and brough in consistant crowds they would stay because crowds=$$$ for all parties involved.

As far as the Exit space, it is a nice room, however is is poorly designed as a room. I have a little history in that particular space going back into the early 80's when it first became a nighclub form it's original use as a horse stable.

Times change and things move on...people need to constantly be on their game or someone else will just step up and fill the void. Let me tell you true DJ'ing is an art...and something that very, very few posess today in NYC.

I don't mean to slam Jr or anyone else for that matter, but what I said are the facts..simple and true, how do I personally know , well I have been in the business for more than the age of most of you.

Enjoy the club experience while you can for what it is worth to you..to meet girls,guys..dance..etc..just be safe and enjoy the vibe....and always be true to yourself.

It feels good....

Enjoy !

BTW: Gay crowds are the best to play to...because they are not critical, just want to have fun and enjoy the scene.

:hat: :hat: :hat::blown::hat: :hat: :blown::hat:

Guest starscream
Originally posted by supremebaba

Personally I never cared for JR's type of play, too much hype not enough soul...he always had and still has a arrogence that seems to be with him, but that is usually the case with guys that are short...he never stays too long at any club recently that is for a reason..correct...?

It's all about making money from an owner/DJ/promoter level, you don't pack the place, you get your walkinggg papers. Besides I think JR's selection of musical genere is a bit stale to say the least, maybe he has been burned out, it happens, happened to me and has happened to others. Sometimes you need to take a step back and re-invent yourself...just ask Madonna.

The changing demographics in NYC have caused the club scene that we see today. 20 or so years ago, yeah people did drugs in clubs but were not so blatent about it like today..and definately did not take public transportation to venues. Owners/DJ/Promoters know this and that is why they hit you with door charges, because they know that you will not spend money in the club once you get inside, they already have your money from the door/coat check etc...if you buy a drink, then they have that money too. Just was not like that back in the day.

As far as JP goes never heard him play live so I cannot comment. The TRUE deal is that many of the DJ's that play in the city simple SUCK..!! There are many others worthy of playing that are much, much better than those playing in clubs currently, just that they do not get the opportunity to do so for whatever reason. Look at the core ideal of what American Idol is based on the understand just what I said. If they were truely that good and brough in consistant crowds they would stay because crowds=$$$ for all parties involved.

As far as the Exit space, it is a nice room, however is is poorly designed as a room. I have a little history in that particular space going back into the early 80's when it first became a nighclub form it's original use as a horse stable.

Times change and things move on...people need to constantly be on their game or someone else will just step up and fill the void. Let me tell you true DJ'ing is an art...and something that very, very few posess today in NYC.

I don't mean to slam Jr or anyone else for that matter, but what I said are the facts..simple and true, how do I personally know , well I have been in the business for more than the age of most of you.

Enjoy the club experience while you can for what it is worth to you..to meet girls,guys..dance..etc..just be safe and enjoy the vibe....and always be true to yourself.

It feels good....

Enjoy !

BTW: Gay crowds are the best to play to...because they are not critical, just want to have fun and enjoy the scene.

:hat: :hat: :hat::blown::hat: :hat: :blown::hat:

you put it all together nicely but its still a bunch of horseshit..dude i reliezed your intelligence right after you said junior has a problem with arrogance but that usually is the case with most short people.really get a clue i think you havnt been out since the 80s or something.anyways talk about arrogence just by reading your nickname supremebaba...i can tell your full of supremebullshit.please id like to hear your picks of djs with soul if junior puts none of it in his music bahahaha yeah ok.:duel:

Starscream:

My forum name has nothing to do with arrogence it is a nickname that you do not know, obviously otherwise your comment would have not ben said..so stand corrected on that subject first and formost.

Secondly, you are entitled to voice your opinion and it is noted, however regarding Jr, I know him, DO YOU ?

I make my comments based on real life experience, not nonsense. But if you really want to get rude about something, go for it, I am anxious. I am about making money with very talented group of people, that means musically, business wise and just personally good intelligent people. My Nepolean complex comment is a well documented fact, read up on it.

But back to the comment in hand, I liked Jr's early work, his work in say the last 10 years or so has been stagnent and stale. He is talented but as I stated possibly burned out a bit.

That is something unless you have played professionally for over 20 years could not understand.

DJ'ing is fun, but IT IS a JOB ,and with it there even comes periods of burnout.

Please think about you comments fully before responding, it makes you look better..

All the best.

:eek:

Guest starscream

Starscream:

My forum name has nothing to do with arrogence it is a nickname that you do not know, obviously otherwise your comment would have not ben said..so stand corrected on that subject first and formost.

Secondly, you are entitled to voice your opinion and it is noted, however regarding Jr, I know him, DO YOU ?

I make my comments based on real life experience, not nonsense. But if you really want to get rude about something, go for it, I am anxious. I am about making money with very talented group of people, that means musically, business wise and just personally good intelligent people. My Nepolean complex comment is a well documented fact, read up on it.

But back to the comment in hand, I liked Jr's early work, his work in say the last 10 years or so has been stagnent and stale. He is talented but as I stated possibly burned out a bit.

That is something unless you have played professionally for over 20 years could not understand.

DJ'ing is fun, but IT IS a JOB ,and with it there even comes periods of burnout.

Please think about you comments fully before responding, it makes you look better..

All the best.

:eek:

soo your gonna tell me that it is a documented fact that short people have attitudes?please i wasnt born yesterday and that my friend is just a ridiculous ignorrant remark that u pulled outta god knows where.2nd i am very aware of supreme baba is but if you were actually spelling it correctly which is baba supreme.baba supreme was a physician and healer.he stayed in shridi and gave medicine tradional used in indain villages to aid sick people.he also continuasly prayed to god night and day.also known for giving out the sacred ash of dhuni to travelers for a blessing.and yes i think that is very arrogant of you using the name of a holy man for your nickname for a club posting page.lastley yes as a matter of fact i do know don very well just saw him this weekend at the red party acutally was with him most of the night watching him work his magic...maybe your the one burned out but he isnt.have you even gone to hear him recently?i think not because if u did you would not be writting these false posts.and also if you do know him and are a friend than your just a bad friend to trash talk.please lets see your words of wisdom now that you know your not dealing with your average twit..

huh

well im gonna step in here.

i have known Junior, for about 15 year's....i first meet him at the Mudd club, that was a rock club/ new wave hang out that WAS REALLY BIG, mid 80's, i believe it was on White Street in tribeca.

over the years his style has changed, but everything the man does is Genuis, he is a true pioner in his field...

i think why people,think he lost it is manly because JR

LOVED TWILO.....Twilo was the original club where he got his LARGE Following from> (as it was SF back then)

once twilo closed i know jr was lost, and how do i know this?

because i got the phone calls, and the silent treatment for weeks after twilo was shut down... if u ask jr today..........he will tell you

that he was so lost he almsot thought of ending his dj'ing and focusing on production work more....

Exit was a mistake, and he see's that now...

and i do know his next resideny, will be very WORTH it.

TRUST. :)

if i could wink i would now, lol

and face it, JP is the backstreet boys of Dance culture

he spins to half empty rooms where ever he goes in the world,(besides ny) and clears floors faster over sea's then Fucken PARIS HILTON did at the lounge in la, one night when i was there 6 months ago, lol

soo

that alone shows what the MAJORITY of the world outside of NJ, and long island think of him...

but u cant fuck a dead rock, so im gonna drop this.lol

oly?>

Originally posted by jaysea

huh

well im gonna step in here.

i have known Junior, for about 15 year's....i first meet him at the Mudd club, that was a rock club/ new wave hang out that WAS REALLY BIG, mid 80's, i believe it was on White Street in tribeca.

over the years his style has changed, but everything the man does is Genuis, he is a true pioner in his field...

i think why people,think he lost it is manly because JR

LOVED TWILO.....Twilo was the original club where he got his LARGE Following from> (as it was SF back then)

once twilo closed i know jr was lost, and how do i know this?

because i got the phone calls, and the silent treatment for weeks after twilo was shut down... if u ask jr today..........he will tell you

that he was so lost he almsot thought of ending his dj'ing and focusing on production work more....

Exit was a mistake, and he see's that now...

and i do know his next resideny, will be very WORTH it.

TRUST. :)

if i could wink i would now, lol

and face it, JP is the backstreet boys of Dance culture

he spins to half empty rooms where ever he goes in the world,(besides ny) and clears floors faster over sea's then Fucken PARIS HILTON did at the lounge in la, one night when i was there 6 months ago, lol

soo

that alone shows what the MAJORITY of the world outside of NJ, and long island think of him...

but u cant fuck a dead rock, so im gonna drop this.lol

oly?>

Very True...........but same goes for Junior. His following outside NY almost doesn't exist.....lol.

Guest starscream
Originally posted by cesarleo

Very True...........but same goes for Junior. His following outside NY almost doesn't exist.....lol.

that is where u are terribly wrong.junior has a very large overseas following .wherever junior goes in the world u better believe its gonna be a pact crowd.come to think of it he is going to japan very soon where they adore him.

People know Junior all over the world. Shit he worked with Madonna for christ sake. Who the fuck did Jp work with LUz Divina, get the fuck out of here. Junior is a NYC legend and you need to respect that. This "JP is the best that ever lived shit" is foolish talk. He is very talented dont get me wrong but get off his balls:hung:

that is where u are terribly wrong.junior has a very large overseas following .wherever junior goes in the world u better believe its gonna be a pact crowd.come to think of it he is going to japan very soon where they adore him.

Since I do not know you Starscram I will not call you an idiot...on second thought "You are an idiot!"....

What kind or response is that? You Indian based answer is weak and completely out of the ballpark.

Question for you..Why this majorly JV loyality thing? Are you one of his record carriers?

Maybe you are a little too much up JR's ass, breathe a little.ok

This constant "I am better than this guy DJ" thing has been going on for decades...what makes a DJ great is the respect of the music and people in the industry.

I like JV and enjoy his sets, however as Jay mentioned, just as I MENTIONED BEFORE, he was a little lost. He has great talent, but needs to re-invent.

The next and last 5 secounds of thought I give to this thread I conclude that you must be be just another tight pants wearing trick, go do your indian healing and some yoga on someone elses dime and don't waste the bandwith. Dont' even respond because I only speak to people who know what the fuck is going on. Drop your last tab of E and MOVE ON....

That is why we instituted the door policy in back in '74, to leave out jackasses like you...

Holla !

:hat:

Since I do not know you Starscram I will not call you an idiot...on second thought "You are an idiot!"....

What kind or response is that? You Indian based answer is weak and completely out of the ballpark.

Question for you..Why this majorly JV loyality thing? Are you one of his record carriers?

This constant "I am better than this guy DJ" thing has been going on for decades...what makes a DJ great is the respect of the music and people in the industry.

I like JV and enjoy his sets, however as Jay mentioned, just as I MENTIONED BEFORE, he was a little lost. He has great talent, but needs to re-invent.

The next and last 5 secounds of thought I give to this thread I conclude that you must be be just another tight pants wearing trick, go do your indian healing and some yoga on someone elses dime and don't waste the bandwith. Dont' even respond because I only speak to people who know what the fuck is going on. Drop your last tab of E and MOVE ON....

That is why we instituted the door policy in back in '74, to leave out jackasses like you...

Holla !

Guest starscream

Holla !

soo tell me mighty moron if im soo outta the ballpark who is supreme baba?bacuase i know im right dickhead dont try to turn it around cuz i know what the hay im talking about.you just got all mad cuz i blew up your spot...aww im soo sowwy.by the way your assuption of things just like with short people being arrogant and how i must be a tight pants wearing trick lol,just shows me what kind of intelligence you really have.like i said you may put it together all nicely and be witty but its still a bunch of bullshit no matter how nicely packaged it is.i notice you wouldnt dare respond to the otherguy that left a response to you.its ok i know hes way outta your ballpark and you cant even touch that.by the way i dont do xtacy or crystal or even smoke a friggin cig you you can shove that one back up your ass too where u pulled it from.now why dont you go take your last pill of xanax and chill out you angry angry bitter man!!oh and lastly i have no problems getting in the door dont you worry cupcake,next time you wanna talk shit atleast know what your talking about darling .:eek:

HOLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :licker:

Guest starscream

Holla !

PS atleast im not idiotic enough to post the same post twice :idea:

Guest starscream
Originally posted by chris817

starscream just let this die

im sorry chris i know i should be above this it just pisses me off till no end when some little child comes on here acting like they know what the deal is and trying to question my intelligence when they dont know what the heck there talking about. just saying whatever they can to make themselves look good.