Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ministry of Sound Party Review

Ministry of Sound Party Last Night was kinda weak...not crowded. The only reason I went was to see George Acosta, he spun from 2-4, SLAMMING couple of songs he dropped Thunder in Paradise, Nightfly and phat remix of Someone that i've never heard before. GA needs to come to NY more often!

DJ

Guest crystalmethodny

Where was the party again?

Im out of it, out of touch.

smile.gif

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

"A vibe is a terrible thing to waste, finding one is as rare as gold in the Cali mountains." - Moi

That's the name of that track. Deep Dish played it last week at TWilo. Nice one.

I go there for the sole purpose to hear Danny Howells and I was misinformed with the set times. I got there around midnight only to find out that Howells had his last track on. He was on from 10-12 not 12-2.

Tall Paul, alright. Not my cup of tea. However, he was a lot better than Acosta. Why in the hell is Georgie playing the same old trance from 2 years ago??? I felt like I was back in Miami (Shadow Lounge).

I headed for the exits...

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am in Heaven!! Tall Paul Was un-fucking- believable!! I got to Roxy on my second round of CMJ parties. He was completely amazing. And yeah it wasn't packed but I loved the fact that all my Soccer Boys that are Brits came out from LI. It was just a great night. Even better when Paul was spinning I had asked one of the Metropolitan Entertainment guys that I know for Paul to sign my CD and he brought me right on the stage where he was spinning and signed my cd and a poster and got Danny to sign it too. Such a sweetheart!!! Not to mention that man earned his name I was 6'0 in my heals and he towered over me another 4 inches easy! cwm24.gif And ladies he is very easy on the eyes cwm20.gif Big hands, big feet, awesome DJ!! I completely found myself another favorite DJ last night!! cwm4.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

Twilo> Could you please do me a favor then and TAKE GEORGE ACOSTA out of Miami and KEEP him in NYC?! How 'bout an even trade - GA for Claussell and François K? cwm32.gif

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

Anyone know what that song was:

"and they know what they know but they do not know/ they just strut/ what the fuck"

-That is a new Fat Boy slim track. I found out by looking on Yoshitoshi's site. (Deep Dish's label) and Dubfire was nice enough to ID it for someone. (Because they also played it at Twilo last Friday)

And in my opinion Tall Paul and Danny Howells rocked. They were consistently good and mixed well.

George Acosta was playing cheezy trance. Would've worked about 2 years ago, but now it seems really old. Was right out the door after hearing that crap.

And why was Tall Paul only given an hour and a half set? Disappointed in that.

But this MOS party was well worth it and they should take a residency somewhere in NY ASAP. (like how about the Roxy????)

Hey people....I'll do my best for the Acosta fans to keep you updated at least a month before he comes to NY...sorry about the trade but it's not gonna happen...George loves Miami way too much but I told him to get to NY more often & he says he'll do his best...he's been on tour a lot recently for his release of Awake but don't worry...he'll be back up there soon enough...I'm actually gonna be chilling with him tonight for his birthday so I'll let him know that NY wants him back...those of you who find his trance cheezy, don't know trance at all...C-ya

Some word associations with "trance":

Coxy - "nasty"

Sasha - "shite"

T Humphries - "kids' stuff"

R Hawtin - "the sound of now which I find boring"

D Carter - "wolf in sheep's clothing"

Norman Jay - "ripe brie"

François K - "glow sticks"

Deep Dish - "shit"

E Morillo - "crap"

Carl Craig - "shit"

DJ Sneak - "sucks"

K Chandler - "out"

Andy Smith - "dodgy"

S Lawler - "monotonous music"

...from DJ Mag Nov. '99

AMEN! cwm29.gif

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by latina:

Hi Crystal, How are you?

Hey? Anyone have an idea as to when George might come back to NY? Last time I heard him was back in March at Exit. So it's been a while.

Thanx for any info...

Latina

What the?!?!?

How the?!?!?

Melanie!?!?! biggrin.gif

------------------

"A vibe is a terrible thing to waste, finding one is as rare as gold in the Cali mountains." - Moi

The Party at Roxy with Ministry of Sound was PHAT! And if it wasn't croweded, it means that US crowd does not know any better! Today is a great party at Limelight! Gatecrasher is back in NYC and is gonna tear the city apart!

Guest crystalmethodny

Ahh it was Roxy with Danny Howells, duh...

I almost went, but, I uhh, was somewhat intoxicated a bit downtown from Roxy.

------------------

It was a great party---its true that the reason no one was there is bc no one knew any better. Tall Paul is so much fucking better than any other dj in New York and if people knew that the Roxy would have been packed last night.

Anyone know what that song was:

"and they know what they know but they do not know/ they just strut/ what the fuck"

He put down some pretty sweet tracks---I just wish I knew what half of them were.

Great vibe/good music---had a blast

MoS @ Roxy was well worth it. Yea, the crowd was a little weak, but the music made up for it. Tall Paul was unbelieveable. Great style. George Acosta rocked the house at moments, but at times he'd play some cheesy shit. When he was on though...DAMN the energy! Overall fun night.

Archived