Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deep Dish at Crobar

Originally posted by someclown

Crobar definitely is the best club in the city now (not that there's much competition). The place was packed and had a great vibe.

I thought DD was a little better when they were at Arc last year, but overall it was a great night.

Seeing you there made the party about 65% better ;-)

Originally posted by joecrack13

how crowded was it and were they breaking balls at the door?..how was everyone dressed

first time to crobar...i was impressed...a hot club...

i guess they werent very strict w/ the dress code - i had no problems walking in w/ a pair of sneakers...

but i could see that everyone put some extra effort to look good in whatever they were wearing...(except for the sweaty dudes in blazers -- it was like a 100 inside!!!)...

the crowd was very diverse...not kidding when i say there were ALL kinds of people - was it a circus? - could be a matter of opinion - however - it was def nice to see a large amount of very attractive people dressed pretty amazingly...:)

at the end - everyone was very very friendly - amazing vibe -

even tho i was a little dissappointed w/ DD - i thot the party itself was hot -- i def had an awesome time...and cant wait to go back... :cool:

Yeah, the club is absolutely GORGEOUS. The crowd was very mixed and cool.

I was disappointed with Deep Dish myself, though. I felt that they didn't play as hard as they used to back in the day when I'd see them at Buzz. Them and Erick Morillo got me hooked on the scene, so to not have that same exhilaration I felt back then when I saw them last night was a bit of a blower. But Sharam looked pretty hot, so all is forgiven. :laugh:

Anyhow, I KNOW Erick is gonna make y'all come TOGETHER tonight! Saw him last night, he gave me a flyer, talkin bout "Come to my party, it's gonna be REALLY COOL!" :laugh:

LOVE that motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See y'all tonight if you know what's good for ya. ;)

yeah, they def used to tear that place up! One of the best sets i've ever heard was them at Buzz. I def think they are remixing geniuses, but I've heard them spin twice down in DC this past summer and they were so-so.. i don't know what happened. I wanted to make it out to Crobar bad on Friday to hear them, but 35 was a lil pricey for me... it seems lately they've been hit or miss. I don't know why. :(

Originally posted by karisma

yeah, they def used to tear that place up! One of the best sets i've ever heard was them at Buzz. I def think they are remixing geniuses, but I've heard them spin twice down in DC this past summer and they were so-so.. i don't know what happened. I wanted to make it out to Crobar bad on Friday to hear them, but 35 was a lil pricey for me... it seems lately they've been hit or miss. I don't know why. :(

I think it's cause Sharam needs some black POONTANG to add some more FLAVA to his sets! I'll see what I can do. :laugh:

Originally posted by paradeatw

The vibe was amazing... huge crowd still rockin it at 5:30am when i bounced... the party as a whole was bangin'... crobar listened to its people and pulled through in giving us what we wanted...

once again, great job CROBAR

Really? Could have fooled me. I thought they listened to their financial advisors and gave us what lots of us didnt really want for a stif price?

I am glad peeps njoyed it though. More props to you :aright:

Deep Dish??? I should say Deep Trash!!!

$40 bucks to get in for crap muzic is not worth at all...

Although I give a good credit to CROBAR, the place is HOT!!! Best in the city and the crowd was bangin.. dressed up and shit but muzic is all trash, maybe theyre having a bad night but still they could pick some good beats at least... maybe a couple good ones but thats it...

I thought that Deep Dish at Crobar was the biggest waste of money I've ever made~

I got to Crobar around 1am, dealt with the smarmy doorfolk who were more than willing to take money to bring you to the front of the line...but not into the actual club....ugh...we finally got in around 1:30.

Crobar is awesome, visually and acoustically sensational. I agree that it will dominate NYC nightlife and rightfully so. It is a great venue. The wind tunnel between the two rooms is very cool ~ it's a great design and cool buffer between the two vastly different types of music being played.

Anyway, it was my first time seeeing Deep Dish and I am sorry to say that I thought that DEEP DISH SUCKED MAJOR ASS. Seriously, they just couldn't get a good groove going. I've got no problem with progressive or dark techy tribal beats, but they'd have a long long long build, slowly bring up the pace and mood...and....right when you thought they'd bring you to the top....they'd just drop it right back down to the bottom again. Over and over and over again. Boring music, sloppy mixing, cd's skipping...it was the must frustrating night I've ever had in a club ~ people around me just kept saying "FUCK! ~ these guys SUCK!" each time the build crashed and the peak was dropped. It was all unfufilling musical foreplay as far as I'm concerned. We kept hoping that it would progress & get better, but by 4:30 we gave up hope and bailed. Glad to have checked out Crobar finally, pissed that we wasted so much money to see these no-talent ass-clowns. Should have gone to see Victor Dinaire!!!