Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Geore Acosta SF Review!!!

Originally posted by freshl7freshl7

Music was great the crowd SUCKED! There was maybe 150 people there :-(

That is why I am scared what will happen when Rank 1 and Cosmic Gate will come here. I mean 50,000+ peeps on Sensation White vs 150 clubbers in SF!!!

My GOD we need to pull together.

damn that sucks

People thought it was going to be better with Junior gone so they went to check out the Res:Erection party as it was the offical "back to the old saturday format" party.

A lot went that night, some were dissapointed and it didnt have the old SF vibe so they didnt come back for the PJ party and it showed looking at the numbers. And now even with that great lineup for march and april (robbier rivera is backkkk!!!!) the numbers will slowly decrease and get to the same level as Jr's parties. People went to SF for JP most of the time, with him gone,

SF is gone, hands down, it will take fuckin years for that SF party to grow...

Just out of curiosity...Does JP pays every1 on this message board to post about him? Or you people are all brainwashed!!!! SF can be turned into something very special or you forgeting that it was the original TWILO!!! All it needs is the following...new sound system, tear all the stupid decor...improve the lights just a tad...and you have a magnificent place!!!! And y do you complain about rotating DJ schedule? This is the best!! You get to hear talent every week!!

EXPEND YOUR MINDS! But I guess IGNORANCE IS BLISS!! I just never thought that it would be said about NYC clubbers.

Originally posted by danwilson

SF is done unless they sign a big name DJ like Tenaglia.

i'm not a big dt fan, but with arc closing its doors, i think it might not be such a bad idea for grant to adopt an arc-like format in collaboration with danny t.

have dt and his be yourself party on fridays and bring in the other euro talent on sat nights ie deep dish, howells, sander, lawler.

Originally posted by bionic

i'm not a big dt fan, but with arc closing its doors, i think it might not be such a bad idea for grant to adopt an arc-like format in collaboration with danny t.

have dt and his be yourself party on fridays and bring in the other euro talent on sat nights ie deep dish, howells, sander, lawler.

Agree but not limit it to house only. Be creative and diverse like Made Events always was. And change the soundsystem.

Originally posted by tranceou

Just out of curiosity...Does JP pays every1 on this message board to post about him? Or you people are all brainwashed!!!! SF can be turned into something very special or you forgeting that it was the original TWILO!!! All it needs is the following...new sound system, tear all the stupid decor...improve the lights just a tad...and you have a magnificent place!!!! And y do you complain about rotating DJ schedule? This is the best!! You get to hear talent every week!!

EXPEND YOUR MINDS! But I guess IGNORANCE IS BLISS!! I just never thought that it would be said about NYC clubbers.

1st Off- The building on 46th St wan't the old Twilo.... The one on 27th St was... The original SF was on 27th street. That is now Spirit.... And I don't think JP is paying anyone to post about him.... Numbers don't lie my friend. And SF hasn't done ANYTHING since JP left. When Black opens next month SF is in for some Deep Deep Shit......

Originally posted by tranceou

Agree but not limit it to house only. Be creative and diverse like Made Events always was. And change the soundsystem.

i'm totally with you. made events always did it right!!

grod - jp's numbers at sf sucked coming down the home stretch.

i wish him all the best with this new endeavor, but i'll be interesting to see how this place does after the initial hype dies.

no longer are there 1 or 2 places to go to by default. keeping that in mind, they still couldn't pull #'s anymore.

jp will have his following. maybe his little hiatus shook people up and showed them "you don't know what you've got till it's gone".

conversley with the jp and sf connectioin no more and the birth of all these new venues in the interim, perhaps people will realize that they don't really miss it and need it as much as they thought they did.

with all these new places vying for our patronage, things just keep looking up for us. competetion is good.

Originally posted by bionic

i'm totally with you. made events always did it right!!

grod - jp's numbers at sf sucked coming down the home stretch.

i wish him all the best with this new endeavor, but i'll be interesting to see how this place does after the initial hype dies.

no longer are there 1 or 2 places to go to by default. keeping that in mind, they still couldn't pull #'s anymore.

jp will have his following. maybe his little hiatus shook people up and showed them "you don't know what you've got till it's gone".

conversley with the jp and sf connectioin no more and the birth of all these new venues in the interim, perhaps people will realize that they don't really miss it and need it as much as they thought they did.

with all these new places vying for our patronage, things just keep looking up for us. competetion is good.

Except the possibility of 1 am closures. Just when things are starting to look up ever since Tunnel and Twilo closed, politicians dream up another screw to put in into our fun machine.

I def think SF can get back in the Game, they just gotta keep searching for whats gonna work.

Like G-Rod said...Morillo would be insane there!

Just because your a JP fan doesnt mean you dont like SF. I wont go back unless its worth it.

I agree that black is going to have some troubles after the initial HYPE (as was said) passes but im sure it'll do fine. You do what you have to do to make it work. People dont realize, they sit there and make fun of us, they try to discourage us, but they just dont understand how many of us JP fans there are. Everyone has "their favorite dj" so dont knock someone who has diff taste than you. Thats just shallow.

Also...the last stretch at SF, JP was still doing 1000 people. Not 150 like SF just did. They need to realize that this rotating International DJ thing is being done by too many places. YOu need to find a DJ with a hardcore following to put in that space.

And the system at SF is bad? Give me a comparison to another place that has a system like SF does? I wanna hear your fav systems and where they are located. Ive heard better than SF but you really cant say its BAD.

Tek

I don't know where everyone got that their was 150 people at Sound Factory for George Acosta.

I was there and easially there were at least 1000 people the place wasent mobbed but wasen't dead either.

As for Morillo I believe he is tied up with a new residency at Crobar

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

Also...the last stretch at SF, JP was still doing 1000 people. Not 150 like SF just did. They need to realize that this rotating International DJ thing is being done by too many places. YOu need to find a DJ with a hardcore following to put in that space.

Wrong. I think that was the best thing that SF ever came up with. Granted there should be a strong ressie, but NO do NOT stick one DJ to feel up the whole weekend. Once again DIVERSITY is the KEY. Than we are arguing how come none of this stuff gets played on the radio and blah blah blah. That's all connected. Even Cream with Oakie as a headlining ressie they still had other talent coming in.

And the system at SF is bad? Give me a comparison to another place that has a system like SF does? I wanna hear your fav systems and where they are located. Ive heard better than SF but you really cant say its BAD.

Tek

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Fucking SPEED has better system than SF does. Dude you gotta pass me the shit you smoking because it DEFINATELY makes hearing much better.

In order of beauties of soundsystems just for you Tekno:

Arc

Spirit

Avalon

Crobar

Speed

Even Sullivan Room is great compared to that.

Originally posted by mattm2o

I don't know where everyone got that their was 150 people at Sound Factory for George Acosta.

I was there and easially there were at least 1000 people the place wasent mobbed but wasen't dead either.

As for Morillo I believe he is tied up with a new residency at Crobar

Dont listen to these people. They are just pissed that JP wont be in SF anymore. I guess JP was such a part of SF that every1 thought that they will tear a building down together with JP when all this is over.

Was my post offensive to you? Sorry if it was, it wasnt meant to come off that way.

As far as numbers...i should have quoted it...i just took info on this thread.

Dont tell me SF didnt do good the last stratch iether cuz i was there every weekend.

A resident with a monthly guest would be great. Everyone has their own opinions on what should be done and guess what..it doesnt matter what we think.

As far as systems...ive never been to Crobar, Speed and Spirit. Avalon I personally was not impressed with the system...at all. And Arc has a great system but I wouldnt call it the best.

Im not gonna sit here and argue about what I think as opposed to what you think, cause that would take a while.

Seems like you cant understand that people have diff views than you sometimes. And keep bashing on JP if you'd like. It really doesnt bother me. What can I say....your entitled to your opinions.

And matt..ill see you friday.

Tek

Was my post offensive to you? Sorry if it was, it wasnt meant to come off that way.

As far as numbers...i should have quoted it...i just took info on this thread.

Dont tell me SF didnt do good the last stratch iether cuz i was there every weekend.

A resident with a monthly guest would be great. Everyone has their own opinions on what should be done and guess what..it doesnt matter what we think.

As far as systems...ive never been to Crobar, Speed and Spirit. Avalon I personally was not impressed with the system...at all. And Arc has a great system but I wouldnt call it the best.

Im not gonna sit here and argue about what I think as opposed to what you think, cause that would take a while.

Seems like you cant understand that people have diff views than you sometimes. And keep bashing on JP if you'd like. It really doesnt bother me. What can I say....your entitled to your opinions.

And matt..ill see you friday.

Tek

No1 is bashing JP!!! My god where the hell you get your ideas from? And Arc/Avalon doesnt have the best systems? Hmm I wonder what would the creators of Phazon would say (considering that it is the best producer of these kinds of systems) They powered places like Cream/Twilo/Spundae and numerous festivals across the globe. Come on. I was in SF on Marco V and guess what? When you are upstairs you cant even feel the beat. And when I was downstairs all the feeling of the bass and highs (which is what trance really about) is lost. You see I've been to enough places where my ear is trained (not to sound conceited) to HEAR. And sorry SF (been there numerous times ever since it became SF) but it just DOES NOT CUT IT!!! Listen just listen to the soundsystems. Hear how clean they are in Arc and Avalon and they are not even at 50% power.

the 1am closings doesn't look likely.

i have a friend (affiliated with rehab) who was at the last meeting and there is a lot more resistance to it then you think.

even the nypd don't want it. but thats a topic for another thread.

the sound system at sf is no joke.

the fact that it wasn't tweeked right for he particular dj isn't the systems prob, its the sound engineers prob.

jp had that system in check!

to be honest, one of the things i'll miss most is that system and jp turning those bass knobs as if his life depended on it that would make my kidneys bounce.

arc is a small room with low ceilings. it's an easy room to fill with sound.

sf is a 4 story warehouse. i don't see a reasonable gripe about not being on the main dance floor and not hearing the music "just right".

perosonally, i think people need to get off the phazon's dick.

it's an over-rated name brand.