Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Crobar Review

bionic

it was my first time there and what can I say, I'm sold, the place is great!!

me and my friend got there around 12:30. walked right in.

no real line other then the few min delay while the guy checked id's.

they didn't search which i was surprised about.

the courteous and professionalism that i've heard so much about i got to experience first hand. i really was blown away by how friendly they all were. from the door people to security to the bartenders.

with morillo on the decks no need to go into how great the music was. even the opening dj played well.

i thought there was such a positive vibe in there. everyone i spoke to in the club was mad cool and just having a blast.

someone had made a comment about the crowd being older.

yes, the crowd was older then the little kiddies they had running around sf just being messy.

the best way to describe the crowd imo is "mature" and that is a very very welcome change to most of the nightclub venues these days.

at one point i found myself wandering around and was apparantly by vip where they told me without a bracelet i couldn't get in.

so i started back down the stairs when all of a sudden some random girl passes me a bracelet so i could come back up and go in. it was just that kind of a night.......

not that i really cared about vip, but i was in recon mode and wanted to check everything out so i was thankful for the bracelet.

i haven't had such a positive night out in a club like that in a long long time.

we stayed till close (around 6) and i went home completely satisifed. no need for after hours after a night like that!(not that i do afterhours anymore)

it would have all been downhill from there.

so after asking about the dress code there, i am pleased to say that everybody was well dressed (trendy) which was nice to see.

no thugs, no hoodies, and guys had their shirts on.

i really thought i was finished with big room clubs, but crobar has definitely reignited that spark.

i don't remember ever hearing so many positive reviews week in and week out from a club and i'm pleased to give it another one!!

what can i say, believe the hype!! if you haven't checked it out, go see for yourselves!!!

i agree with you all the way. its the little things like the staff being professional and courteous that can really help make a night. i was surprised when i was asked to step forward politely instead of the usual bouncers screaming like apes and manhandling you. that place is pretty cool. the walkway from the one bar area to the main floor kind of reminds me of space mountain in disneyworld. and don't the decorations in the smaller room look like pool noodles? don't get me wrong, i'm not knocking it, i just thought it was funny. crobar rocks!

the music, the staff, the crowd, the hours, the physical appearance and sound system....there wasn't really much to complain about.

Originally posted by mikespeese

i agree with you all the way. its the little things like the staff being professional and courteous that can really help make a night. i was surprised when i was asked to step forward politely instead of the usual bouncers screaming like apes and manhandling you. that place is pretty cool. the walkway from the one bar area to the main floor kind of reminds me of space mountain in disneyworld. and don't the decorations in the smaller room look like pool noodles? don't get me wrong, i'm not knocking it, i just thought it was funny. crobar rocks!

the music, the staff, the crowd, the hours, the physical appearance and sound system....there wasn't really much to complain about.

how much does crowbar pay both of you for this:confused:

lets get one thing straight. i'm not a promoter for any club, nor do i want to be. i just had a fun time. also, the guy when you came in looked like the characters in eyes wide shut. if you want to hear a complaint ok, the bartenders threw napkins a lot, some gay guy tried to hit on me, and the guy who kept holding up the stick was weird. hehe. i know that's weak but its the best i can do.

Originally posted by mikespeese

lets get one thing straight. i'm not a promoter for any club, nor do i want to be. i just had a fun time. also, the guy when you came in looked like the characters in eyes wide shut. if you want to hear a complaint ok, the bartenders threw napkins a lot, some gay guy tried to hit on me, and the guy who kept holding up the stick was weird. hehe. i know that's weak but its the best i can do.

well that's more like it:aright:

I agree with all of the positive comments.

Got there at 12:45 and was VERY surprised to see EM on the decks already. the music was about a 8.0 (therer were a lot of long pauses, ill never understand that), until about 3:00 when he stepped it up to about a 9.4, by 4:30, we were at about 9.6, where it stayed until I left at 5:15ish and Erick was still on the decks!

It was my first time in several months and just when I thought that NY lightlife would never come back, BAM! I'm blown away by crobar!

This is the kind of place that should have been in existance for years. I dont knnow why it took this city until now to create such a venue.

My only comnplaint (if I had to have one) was that some of the crowd was stright out of the jersey shore. I just havnt seen people like that for a long time. It was a small percentage, but oh man, were they nasty.

GREAT STAFF!!! everyone from the door, to the hosts, to the waitresses, to the barteneders were all top notch.

I CANT WAIT to to have another evening there....

PLEASE CROBAR, keep the HOUSE DJs coming!

i'd like to state for the record that i don't work for or promote for any club or promotional team.

i was just really pleasantly surprised at how much fun i had and the stand out level of courtesey demonstrated by the staff.

i give credit where credit is due. thats all my post was.

after the abundance of negativity directed at nyc nightlife lately, i'm excited at finally something so positive.

i'm an old timer who remembers the positive vibes clubs used to have back in the day.

next place i'd like to try is spirit. i've seen pics and it looks pretty sweet too.

ps: another cool thing i like about crobar is that the side rooms (bars) are very nicely done. it gives you the option of being in an upscale downtown lounge without leaving the club.

it's a nice respite from the main floor so you aren't 100 pct consumed by a "club" atmosphere.

Originally posted by bionic

A.)

the courteous and professionalism that i've heard so much about i got to experience first hand. i really was blown away by how friendly they all were. from the door people to security to the bartenders.

B.)

everyone i spoke to in the club was mad cool and just having a blast.

C.)

someone had made a comment about the crowd being older.

yes, the crowd was older then the little kiddies they had running around sf just being messy.

D.)

the best way to describe the crowd imo is "mature" and that is a very very welcome change to most of the nightclub venues these days.

E.)

we stayed till close (around 6) and i went home completely satisifed. no need for after hours after a night like that!(not that i do afterhours anymore)

it would have all been downhill from there.

F.)

so after asking about the dress code there, i am pleased to say that everybody was well dressed (trendy) which was nice to see.

no thugs, no hoodies, and guys had their shirts on.

If you haven't been INSIDE, GO and post your comments.

If you go and STILL DON'T LIKE it, you can always HIT:

1.) Vinyl (hurry)

2.) Black (soon)

3.) Avalon (always)

4.) Roxy (ocassionally)

I personally think that you guys were off with the comments but everyone is entitled to their opinions...

It was my first time there and I must admit that it is really nice in there. Sick ass sound system, lights, everything was top notch.

My biggest thing for me when I go out, second to the music, is the crowd and the vibe. I am sorry but the crowd at Crobar sucked ass. I felt like I was at the Kasbah but in NYC. So many wack ass people who had no business being at a club.

Vibe is so damn important. Morillo ripped it up but god damn it the people in there had no idea about the music being dropped. There was one point where he dropped "Plastic Dreams" and "Women Beat Their Men" which in any other place would have people going nuts b/c if you know music they are classics. The people just sat there like it was nothing.

The place just turned me off. There also aren't any places to sit down unless you drop loot for a table.

I am sorry but I miss the good old days of SF with JP. Where you felt like it was home. You felt like everyone was your friend. It felt like you belonged.

I would only go back to Crobar if there were some sick ass DJ there. Other than that I am holding out for JP and Black.

:no: :no:

Originally posted by djcs219

1.)

There also aren't any places to sit down unless you drop loot for a table.

2.)

I am sorry but I miss the good old days of SF with JP. Where you felt like it was home. You felt like everyone was your friend. It felt like you belonged.

3.)

I would only go back to Crobar if there were some sick ass DJ there. Other than that I am holding out for JP and Black.

Vibe for you is 14-20 YEAR olds kids aka Sexy AT THE ROXY

Vibe for you is SHIRTLESS guys (JERSEY SHORE)

Vibe for you is NYC Anthem FOLLOWERS

Vibe for you is PEOPLE THAT LAST 20 HOURS DANCING?

Vibe for you is Entering a Club at 8am?

1.) After 3am THERE ARE places 2nd Floor available to Sit, BEFORE that is MONEY, Crobar is A BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT WHICH MAKES MONEY OUT OF BOTTLE SERVICE, not FOR K HOLES OR FUCKED UP GOERS that can't STAY UP AND THEY DON'T FEEL THEIR LEGS DUE TO 6 CAPS OF G IN 4 HOURS. Crobar is TO LISTEN, DANCE and HAVE A GREAT TIME AT A GREAT "CLEAN" AND TRENDY CLUB.

2.) SF WAS A CRACKHOUSE, everyone was your friend due to STIMULANTS, DRUGS AND DOWNERS. Everyone was your friends because E AND G MAKES YOUR FRIENDLY. Everyone was your friends at tunnel, twilo, palladium, sf DUE TO "E" and "K" because THEY ALSO WANT DRUGS AND you Feel like A family with PEOPLE THAT use DRUGS for Recreational PURPOSE.

DRUG USERS/ABUSERS = FAMILIA

3.) Black it is then.

I knew someone was going to bring up drugs. I wasn't going to mention it but you had to throw it out there.

It has nothing to do with drugs. Yes, drugs were a part of SF but that still doesn't change the fact that all your friends and tons of people you knew wanted to go to SF and hang out, have a good time.

Come on, I said it was an opinion. I could give two shits less about the drugs. I am too old for that BS now. I want to go out and enjoy myself. Why the hell would you want to stand around with a bunch of wack ass people? For christ's sakes they had a guy in there with stupid ass BS glow lights or whatever. That sounds like a great time to me. Especially those who hardly have a clue about music.

IEspecially those who hardly have a clue about music.

What is the Current New York State GPA for MUSIC?

What is the standards for GOING out?

Do I need to do Research on DJS, music, Label House, # of record labels SOLD?

SO MANY PEOPLE go OUT FOR DIFFERENT REASONS:

Escape from work/Stress

Escape from REALITY

TO BE WITH FRIENDS

TO HAVE DRINKS WITH FRIENDS

TO DANCE

NOT TO DANCE

TO LISTEN

TO DANCE AND LISTEN

TO GET LAID

TO HOOK UP

WHAT THE FUCK? WE ALL GO OUT FOR DIFFERENT REASONS. IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC,

IT IS ABOUT RESPECT AND HAVING A GOOD TIME "ANYWHERE"

STEVE LAWLER IS MARCH 5TH, I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK IF THIS GUY IS FROM SOUTH AFRICA OR DOES HE SPINS HIP POP WITH BIG BEN.

"GO OUT TO HAVE A GOOD TIME"

Originally posted by sobecrobar

Yes,

6am until January 2005

A shame?

Pardon me.... 2 hours to WARM up and 6 and RIP THAT SHIT UP.

Enuff.

Realistically Speaking no 12, 24 or even 30 HOURS.

NO.

I agree w/ the clubbing hours thing to a large extent, but S&D are one of the few exceptions where I would say that they need more time. I haven't seen them since Twilo but they would be slowly building up for about five hours and then AT 6ish things would start getting out of control.

But I'll be there, no doubt.

I personally think that you guys were off with the comments but everyone is entitled to their opinions...

It was my first time there and I must admit that it is really nice in there. Sick ass sound system, lights, everything was top notch.

My biggest thing for me when I go out, second to the music, is the crowd and the vibe. I am sorry but the crowd at Crobar sucked ass. I felt like I was at the Kasbah but in NYC. So many wack ass people who had no business being at a club.

Vibe is so damn important. Morillo ripped it up but god damn it the people in there had no idea about the music being dropped. There was one point where he dropped "Plastic Dreams" and "Women Beat Their Men" which in any other place would have people going nuts b/c if you know music they are classics. The people just sat there like it was nothing.

The place just turned me off. There also aren't any places to sit down unless you drop loot for a table.

:no: :no:

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big JP fan and I can't wait for Black, but I have no idea what you're complaining about. The crowd was much friendlier, better looking and better dressed then I've ever seen at Factory. People definitely seemed to be feeling the music too. As for seats, I've had some pretty hard times finding one at Factory due to the mass amounts of cracked-out people laying all over the place. I had a great time at Crobar and I hope it encourages JP to make Black even better.

djcs219, sorry its not your thing, but please stay at factory, and far away from crobar. from the sound of it, its right up your ally.

sobe, fucking right on answers!

my crew had a blast up on the balcony and on the dancefloor right on front of the dj booth.

PLEASE GET ERICK BACK THERE

Originally posted by sobecrobar

Yes,

6am until January 2005

A shame?

Pardon me.... 2 hours to WARM up and 6 and RIP THAT SHIT UP.

Enuff.

Realistically Speaking no 12, 24 or even 30 HOURS.

NO.

who the fuck are you to respond like that?

sorry if i would like to hear them for longer...but i dont understand why all of your posts are so mean. why do you feel like you have to talk down to people and have an answer to their opinions, which they are allowed to have?

all i did was ask if they were going to spin later...

sobecrobar and i got off on a bad note since he comes across a little harsh sometimes but i have to say that i completely see his point on this one.

after going to crobar myself i can now see why he gets all fired up about this place.

i'm an old school sf goer. dating back to 96-7 and been out b/f then to places now extiinct ie cafe society, emerald city etc etc so i know what it was like THEN and i know what crobar is NOW.

sf is/was a dungeon as was tunnel and limelight was sketchy too. i admit, i kinda liked that when i was younger, but i soon realized just by looking around how depressing the places really looked as did most of the patrons.

i'll preface this by saying that everyone is entitled to their opinion (as we all know)

now i have to djcs219 i disagree with you bigtime on a few of your points.

"So many wack ass people who had no business being at a club"

everybody has the right to be there and have fun.

i'm sure the first time you first went to a club you were probably like a fish outta water. i know i was.

as long as people are having fun and are cool. thats what matters.

i'd rather have somebody next to me in an abercrombie and fitch shirt and the other in a j crew sweater dancing their ass off having fun then 300 shirtless, spiked hair clones wearing their sisters j-lo glasses and sporting the tribal armband tatoo.

who cares if people don't recognize some of the songs. i know my music, believe me, but i could give a rats ass if the guy next to me

starts screaming b/c the dj dropped a classic. sure its nice to share that "experience" with people around me on the dance floor but in reality, so what.

basically i agree with everything sobe said in that one post where he listed reasons to go out. GO OUT TO HAVE FUN.

i think the reason sobe gets so angry is that he wants to keep that "element" out of the club and i'm in 100pct agreement with him.

there's a very positive atmosphere in there. combine that with the talent those guys are bringing in and you have a great recipie for sucess.

there are so many new clubs out now and others still to come.

you'll have jp back in a couple of weeks. the sf "family" will reunite. you'll have that sf anomoly again and be comfortable.

different strokes for different folks...........

sobe, were you working there sat night?

I think what part of the problem is, is that so many kids start going to SF, and keep going back and back, and they think that is what clubbing is about, when in reality, they have never been anywhere else and have no clue.

SF is SF. Its a place people either love or hate, and each group, and every person have their own reason(s).

to me, SF is not even a place I would even consider going annymore, no matter who was playing there.

Over the past couple of years, this messageboard's population has lost many of the older members who would always be going to different places and seeing all the the NYC nightlife had to offer. We would have conversations of the different places, and you could get a lot of info here.

Who is still here, (mostly) are people who go to the same place every week (or however often they go out, but in mpost cases its just about every week), and would never immagine going somewhere else.

There are clearly (at least) 2 different kinds of clubbers, and clubbing. Some people do it this way, some people do it that way, some people have even yet another way.