Clubplanet Nightlife Community

your thoughts on Spirit NYC V2....

cnm71

Originally posted by drbabybutt

Went to Spirit with the hope that possibly, somehow the magic might still be there due tot he physical location, like maybe this was gonna be a revamping of the temple,,,it wasn't

The premise for the club is like UK clubs (China White) that are upscale, sophisticated clubs that people go to for an entire evening. A table for dinner, cocktails, and ultimately dancing. This usually involves an older (i.e. 20s-30s-40s-50s) crowd that is more socially sophisticated and less club-ish.

The physical space is OK, but it feels smaller becaue it is broken up into so many small areas. The crowd is definitely older and not your typical club crowd (more lounge types) and the music ,,,,,

I've been to Spirit for the opening party, once to pick up some friends on the way to another club, and a third time for an unrelated reason. Each time it was mediocre.

I won't be going there again unless there is something amazing going on (Danny T, Sasha, Digweed throwing a personal party for Hugh Hefner and all the Playmates that can get squeezed into that space).

I couldn't disagree with you more...I went there two Saturdays ago on Valentine's day and we all had a great time.

I've mentioned before that the service was great and very on point. It's amazing how much they cleaned it up compared to when it was twilo.

The main floor music was great...the drinks were strong and the crowd was cool.

Don't get me wrong they still have a little work to do and need to somehow draw a little bit more of a crowd because it was not as packed as it should be but there is a shitload of potential there. I'd definitely go back for somekind of event.

Went there for New Years. Dirty Vegas surprised the hell out of me. Great decor, really beautiful crowd, amazing sound system. The food was good, drinks were nice. I dont know why would anyone complain about it. Also do not think that the place will not pick up. I think sometime in March or april they will have a goa party, which should be interesting considering all the visuals they have. Oh yeah staff was EXTREMELY nice, including security, bartenders, and restaurant. Had a blast.

Originally posted by whitewidow

:peeright: I give Spirit a thumbs :peeleft:

I guess thats what you say when your SF party goes to shit after giving the dj that ripped it 2 weeks ago the week off....

Spirit is a nice mainstream club. Nice size drinks is reason enough to get me back there some day. Its def. not Twilo but good for what it is.