Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Feel Free to Expose the Weak Jersey Scene...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by thesandman

I agree, I think his next NJ set is scheduled for Fall of 2007, I can't wait....

If you heard him at SF 2 weeks ago he was just insane... I found myself punching the walls and choking random people. What a fun time. Only A to Z and Rydell can touch him in NJ..... fact.

Uhhhh as of today Kosta P has something up his sleeve!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait and see my friends!!!!!

Well i've spent the last 30 minutes reading this post, and i got to agree with the sandman on his analogies in this whole club scene... but then again this is a business.. but as far as giving other dj's a shot.. and try to surface new talent.. i think alot of promoters nowadays try to sway away from that (when they rather book a big name producer aka wanna be dj) by putting them to open up for an hour [And every1 on here knows u can't spin just 1 hour to show how you can work it] when some of them can rock a venue for 5 - 10 hours straight.

This a very political business and at times it can get upsetting for dj's trying to expose themselves..

In all honesty i'd pay a promoter $500 if i didn't have people on each other shoulders, pumping fist and grooving to music playing a primetime spot.

Point Blank..!

My Website will be up later this week..! State of the art wesbite deemed to make any human eye astonished.

Originally posted by riddlerktu

For the record...

I NEVER spun at SANDBAR last summer. I hung out plenty of times with KTU and Roveen at sandbar but never spun. Roveen is a mad man! Love him like a brotha. I even hung out at Sandbar when Andrew Mendez tore shit up. I was there plenty of times when Justin Higgins threw down so much props to you sir!

Last summer, I spun all over. I spun at DJais and XS mainly last summer and my once a month residency in Houston, Texas. I even got to spin with Carl Cox and Danny Howells in LAS VEGAS JULY 4TH at the House of Blues. So while I reside in NJ, I don't consider myself just a Jersey DJ. Right now my residency is in Long Island at Mirage where we are doing great numbers. I get to play a wide selection of tracks and because we stay open til 430-5am. I get to play some nice dark underground beats after 230am. I invite any jersey person to come by Mirage in Westbury. Even Tenaglia played there 2 weeks ago.

I play to my crowd whatever it may be. I even got to spin at Cheetah a couple of times last fall so I know how to throw down underground style. Its just that these clubs hire me to spin for the KTU commercial crowd. I don't mind because that is what I do for KTU. However, I do know my music and keep in touch with what's happenin on the streets. I thank the promoters, club patrons, and listeners for all the support.

DANCE MIX 5 IN STORES MARCH 23, 2004

www.djriddler.com

Riddler very well put, all you guys think we like playing the commercial tracks. This is a job we do and love. And the bottom line is we make a living doing it. I have to admit that my mistake is that I played commercial at some venues where i should have played more real house music. Live and learn. But deep down i love tribal and underground stuff. And i know music just like my boy Riddler. And we don't have big heads or anything like that. If u really know me I am a humble regular person. Now that I see so many of you want more real house music I have changed my sets and play more of that all the time.

Originally posted by thesandman

I agree, I think his next NJ set is scheduled for Fall of 2007, I can't wait....

LMAO...dude, the only thing you were chokin was your chicken cause Shawn so DAMN good...

WTF? March 13th you are wide open? You're not attending the biggest night in Jersey cheese history...War of the World's? Come on!!! I can just imagine the 3 page review typed at 3:45 am...hahahaha

Although, rumor has it DEKO will have a special guest international DJ that might be well worth the schlepp...

How's about March 20th for somebody's birffday??? ahem..ahem

Originally posted by cynstam21

Although, rumor has it DEKO will have a special guest international DJ that might be well worth the schlepp...

Rumors are True! Will be Night for the music lovers. Details will be posted soon.

Originally posted by djttee

Wow--- I just wanna say how impressed I am at the intelligent discussion on this thread.

I just wanted a thread on cp to not resemble high school for once.

thanks....

cynstam, I will be at sg for the 13th..... (hopefully I won't be thrown out for my honest comments to them)

Originally posted by binoys

Rumors are True! Will be Night for the music lovers. Details will be posted soon.

Details was posted today. ;)

Originally posted by stigeleiro

Just to give u a heads up we just booked the #2 DJ in Portugal at DEKO for the 13th. Carlos Fauvrelle.

Originally posted by mkutlass

Is cynstam21 cute????????, love a girl that loves to dance.........

She is hot, can dance, and never wants to leave the club early...

amazing right......?

When we going to have another internet fight? Were due