Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BT FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

Ok I am just in awe of the man!!! I was hanging with my fellow CMJ's upstairs in the skybox lounge in ROXY right after Hooverphonic (btw they rocked, very portishead/KMFDM vibe) so having drinks and who walks out of the back lounge BT!!! So sweet, so nice, very Laid back how ya doing dude kinda thing. Signed the cover of my MIXER magazine Peace and Love Angel Love Always BT. Show Time he heads downstairs and MURDERS THE CROWD!! They were eating him up left and right. He plays several instruments live including Bass Guitar and Keyboards (one keyboard on a springed pedestal so he could throw it around while he was playing it and it would bounce back) cwm24.gif Then continuously screaming "FUCK YA" to the crowd and getting them more psyched cwm4.gif Funny stuff too kept saying if we were all good (the crowd) that he would do seom of his Progressive House for us!! cwm32.gif All in all if you didn't get to the show last night find the nearest city where he is at and go!! This is necessary the man is a genius and he is musically versatile from Rap and Hip Hop to Progressive house he was on point the performance was a 16 on a scale of 1-10 cwm41.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

Damn..I missed it. I was supposed to go too, but went to the Giorgio Armani exhibit opening at the Guggenhiem instead. I then went to the Time Out 5 Year Aniversary Party. Do you know when he's coming back? I need to see him live. Did they kick you out after the show? I heard the VH1 Party was there as well...

------------------

~PEACE & LOVE~

That's cool that he was chill in person, but boy did I have issues with the party

BT barely played for an hour and a half.

I know the Roxy double booked that night and had the VH1 party afterwards so they had to kick everyone out before 11.

Never been to Roxy before, the venue was cool. Lots of space, plus some plush couches in the far corner.

But BT was only on from 9:15 or so to 10:40 -- what's with that??

The stuff I did hear was pretty cool, although at one point during one of his encores he played a rock power ballad or something. I know he is branching out and everything, but it was very odd.

Never seen dance music played with live instruments like that before. Worked pretty well.

However, I was going to kill the MC for saying What's up New York that 10,000 times???

In all, a good time was had, despite the short set and such. But I doubt I will go to a BT show again. Would rather go to a party that starts at 10 like Ministry of Sound one the night before, than one that ends so early.

It was such a tease.

BTW, marty and your friend (I forgot your name, sorry) nice running into you. Did you hit GC afterwards?

Vejita: Did you make it to GC?

Crommy!

Hey great seeing you last night! That was a nice surprise I didn't know you were going. No I didn't make it to gatecrasher unfortunately. That experience of leaving a club when it's still dark outside totally threw off my entire balance -- think I'm still suffering from the jetlag!

BT was short but Hooverphonic was even shorter. They were soooo good but I think they only did like 30 minutes! What's up with that???

I actually wasn't too impressed by BT...... however, I was blown away by Hooverphonic. Coupled with the fact that the Roxy itself is an amazing venue..... I was very taken by it. A few of my friends can attest to that.... all I said for maybe the first 30 minutes inside was "this is amazing" / "OMG" / "WTF is THIS!?" / "maaaaan". smile.gif

Crommy -- yeppers, hit GC, although it wasn't like the last time we went. I went mainly to get a bit more dancing in and to see the CNYC'ers...... left at around 4:30am, fell asleep at 6am. I was pretty sober when I left that bar we were at... what time did you take off from there?

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

Vejita I don't think you were there if you weren't into it!! I mean what do I know I am just a music director, I manage 3 artists and 4 DJs and I play 2 instruments myself, NAHHHHH what do I know cwm4.gif And the fact that I had 3 A&R guys (Columbia, Strickly, Anthem) with me that loved every minute of the show helps. Did you go becuase you knew who he was or did you go because you bought Dreaming 2 weeks ago?? Seems alot of people thought he was a DJ for some reason. cwm36.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

I for one had a very enjoyable time at BT.

It is a trip to hear songs that you know so well, and have hear time and time again out at clubs, then done live right in front of your eyes. He blew the roof off the place with Dreaming, all I can say is WOW. It was also amazing to actually put a womans face to the incredible vocals of that track.

I will definately check him out the next timehe is in town. What a show!

--Offshoot it was very cool to meet up with you and Sneha that night and I hope the rest of your night went well. Are you still interested in putting together plans for the DnB party and then S&D? PM me and let me know.

------------------

*************************I got to thank god for the music.

Coton -- when I said I wasn't into him, I meant that I wasn't impressed by his live act. His recorded stuff is definitely excellent, and there's no doubt he's extremely talented / intelligent -- I saw a DVD with some footage of him showing off his home studio and explaining the how's and what's behind creating his music. Oh, and I don't own any of his CDs..... friends do, and we have a bunch of his tracks on our MP3 drive, but it's not like I'm a follower of anybody.... save DJ Tiesto. smile.gif

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

Archived