Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Advice Needed On Digital Camera...please!

djss

Hey everyone,

I know its not urgent to you, but I'd really like to step into the future and purchase a digital camera just for Ultra and the WMC, within the next day or two.

I have no clue what to get and where to get it, so anyone with knowledge your advice will be greatly appreciated!

I want good quality and copact size - very important

The cannon elph?

Sony dscp 10, 8, 72?

Thankyou in advance,

SS:blank:

A couple of weeks ago I purchased the Sony DSC-P10. For $520.00 i got the camera, extra 3 year warranty, extra long battery, mini-tripod, carrying case, camera cleaner, extra 120 MB memory chip, and a Usb Memory stick reader. Without the extra warranty it would be $420.00+tax.

So far it works great. I got it shipped to me 3 days after i ordered it. It was the best deal i could find.

At Best Buy they sold the camera alone for $399.00 without all the extras.

Try ebay, type in "Sony DSC-P10" and look for sunshine electronics.

Hope that helps.

:cool:

pod's digicams 101:

You probably want a nice point and shoot with a bit of manual control. Aim for Canon's A or G series digital compacts. Sony cams are alright, but the sensors are a bit noisy. Tiny sensors on point and shoots are generally noisy anyway, but the Sony sensors are a bit noisier. Canon's new DIGIC algorithims compensate for it.

Of course, the only real way to do without noise is get a large sensor, but that is only available on digital SLRs like my 10D, the 1Ds, or the 1D MkII.

Before I go any further, what is your budget?

Originally posted by pod

pod's digicams 101:

You probably want a nice point and shoot with a bit of manual control. Aim for Canon's A or G series digital compacts. Sony cams are alright, but the sensors are a bit noisy. Tiny sensors on point and shoots are generally noisy anyway, but the Sony sensors are a bit noisier. Canon's new DIGIC algorithims compensate for it.

Of course, the only real way to do without noise is get a large sensor, but that is only available on digital SLRs like my 10D, the 1Ds, or the 1D MkII.

Before I go any further, what is your budget?

i think ive gone crosseyed!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

As pod said to me a couple weeks back, as we were talking about a certain papparazzi, if you don't know what the hell you're doing, the best camera in the world is wasted on you. Just get a Canon point and shoot. My whole family has them. They are extremely reliable and take great shots.

i also suggest canon. i've got an older s20 and a d10 on the way (i'm waiting for the fedex truck now). for ultra and wmc, one of the current canon point-and-shoot models would be ideal. wolf camera usually has a pretty good selection and decent prices, too.

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i have a Fuji a303 and the quality is superb...its a small camera..and has alot of features and u can prob. get it for under 300...try going to either bestbuy or tigerdirect (there is one in Mall of the Americas)...

That's the same one I have :) I've had it for a lil' over a year now....as so far...so good :D

all you really need is about a 2.5 megapixel w/ at least 3x optical zoom. That shouldn't run you more than $250, but look for deals (too bad sunday passed). I picked up a Panasonic DMC-LC33 at Office Max, it has all that, and films video w/ sound too. You'll need to get rechargeable batteries, a few sets so you'll never run out of battery life while out clubbing. Get a 128 mb memory card, and that should at least get you started...

good luck Kid :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You guys are hillarious...especially pod and absolutv> you knew pod would recomend the cannon.

Seriously though, thankyou to everyone that took the time to give me a meaningful suggestion on somthing i knew little about.

So I got a:

Cannon s400

256mb card high speed

overnight shipping

for about $470

I'll be the guy getting trigger happy on friday at Nikki's and saturday at Ultra

SAY CHEESE!:D

SS

Originally posted by djss

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You guys are hillarious...especially pod and absolutv> you knew pod would recomend the cannon.

Seriously though, thankyou to everyone that took the time to give me a meaningful suggestion on somthing i knew little about.

So I got a:

Cannon s400

256mb card high speed

overnight shipping

for about $470

I'll be the guy getting trigger happy on friday at Nikki's and saturday at Ultra

SAY CHEESE!:D

SS

You got the right one! Congrats. I got one a couple of months ago for 385.

I was really surprised with the battery, it lasts a long time.

Also, play around with the ISO settings for night shots, and turn the flash off when photoing close ups in daylight. It will want to flash, but if you turn it off the natural light will be nicer.

I love this camera.