Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone else disturbed howard sternw as taken off air?

yeah i know there were some other threads but i felt starting fresh.

after listening to howard's show and him discussing how clear channel is actually a big supporter of bush and how howard is anti bush its disturbing.

he actually played clips of ryan seacrest's new radio show on one of clear channel's new station and there were actually two swear words back to back on the show. clear channel doesn't seem to want to practice their zero tolerance policy on seacrest.

the problem being discussed about stern's show was last week when a caller said nigger. that is what got stern in trouble

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

That has got to be one of the biggest fuck up's for that station ever. Any word on if he's going to another station?

biggest fuck up on who's part?

i heard the word nigger a couple times on his show and other shows. its on tv all over the place and even in more music. some caller calls stern's show and says nigger and its a big deal?

Originally posted by solbeam

he is still on Infinity stations...including here in NY

yeah but that's not the point. basically he is being taken off the air by bush supporters. i'm seriously scared for the future of america. it sounds like nothing but with gay marriages being such a big deal and now stern's show i don't know what is going on anymore

sorry to keep responding to my own thread but no one seems to care. this could be the start of things to come.

ppl are being told what to do and what to listen to. this is absurd. the government and big corporation are being one even more than ever and they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

ps.

did anyone know powell's son is the head of the fcc?

I dont see why people are so upset about it...yeah i agree with the "if you dont wanna watch it or listen to it, turn it off" but the FCC has been around longer than any of us and had these rules in place for just as long...so its not like its something new

I work in radio a few times a week so i am constantly bombarded with etiquite guidelines and so on. One of the guys i work with pushes it a lot with what he says and talks about, but he knows what boundries not to cross. As does any other radio personality out there. Same goes for Stern...he knows he can go further than most people, but theres still a line not to be crossed. One thing I've learned from being in radio is these big wigs who hand down these rules and regulations dont like to be tested, mocked, or any of that. You do that, they'll throw their weight around.

i guess its kinda shitty they are going nuts with enforcing things now, but ya cant come off like these are new laws/rules/regulations

Up here in Boston when theres a commecial, Edious(sp) the program director has a commercial, he gives out a phone # to call to speak your mind on what has happened. He also says, "as long as Howards on, WBCN will play him, its your 1st amendmant right, and what will happen next, they'll take away the music"? Its a great commercial , I tried calling but the line was busy. I'll post the number when I hear it later, if ya wanna call...

Originally posted by xlr8ted

Up here in Boston when theres a commecial, Edious(sp) the program director has a commercial, he gives out a phone # to call to speak your mind on what has happened. He also says, "as long as Howards on, WBCN will play him, its your 1st amendmant right, and what will happen next, they'll take away the music"? Its a great commercial , I tried calling but the line was busy. I'll post the number when I hear it later, if ya wanna call...

btw... i just heard the mayor was killed in a car accident today... :eek:

;)

IU all ready seen a few people with bar codes on the back odf their neck. One guy had his social security # under it.

What happened to Howardis a shame, they are just tryin to protect themselves , the companies who own the station. Cause they are afraid of getting these big fines, so now they go out of their way to find shit wrong. The other day on Howard, they bleeped out THURST. Is it a bad word?

Howard keeps saying he wants to get fired, I hope he doesnt but the way the things are going in radio he should quit. But then he prpbaly wont get paid.

Yes Howard has mentioned that the head of the FCC is Colin Powell son. It just goes to show that even with the president it is who you know not what you know.

We have to get RID of Bush, He wants to be our dictator.