Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who's the comittee: CHEESE Vs. "NON"cheese... your version?

so stakes claim on this label?

i know us as clubbers and deejays can mark a song according to its crowd.

but as spoken b4... cheese is defined by the listener...

"one mans cheese, is another mans meat n potatoes"

recently i wrote an article for a simular boston board... and got tons of feedback.

mostly positive... but i had some shitty banter from the "holier than thou" club guru's who i guess are the heart n soul of music, or so they think. the smae people who told me in a earlier aticle that bringing frenchkiss back was wrong, that timo was cheesy and Oakie sucked... so you can imagine how much i valued there comments.

none the less:

what makes you label a song cheese?

you can reasd my lil article@ www.backbaybeat.com

------------------

djjoshuacarl.com

[O!]{}[O!]

Depends on your flavor. I love plasmic honey cheese and most mike macaluso, but i cant stand razor n guido cheese. As for trance, ferry corsten and all those fluffy BS melodies are lame. Give me the harder stuff...

But no cheese at all? That gets boring. Danny T is the only one who pulls it off in my opinion.

JB

There isn't a difinative answer is there?

I love some cheese but hate others, give me 'music better with you' or Pete Hella's 'Big Love' anyday.. but i know people who wouldn't play them.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

bsb2.GIF

Yea . . . gotta agree with B2B . . . there is no difinative answer. I love a lot of trancey pluffy songs including "Under the Water" and "For an Angel" and the remix of Amber's "Sexual" but a lot of the guys on here would say that that is cheese.

I really don't know how to define my kinda cheese into words but I would say that songs like ATB remix of "Talk to me" and "Zombie Nation" are definately cheese. Again, that's in my opinion.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead." angel.gif

This will be tough for me to get across without being misunderstood but I'll try.

Sometimes I think intent and the skill behind the production have to do with the cheese. There's music that's tongue-in-cheek, where producers are purposefulling laying down the hooks and making truly respectable music that is just so readily digested it's easy to lump into cheese without looking deeper and seeing how masterfully it was put together. This is where I'd stick songs like 'Big Love'. A great great song that I still play, and is just super high quality disco flavoured house music. There's no denying the quality.

Then there's the bad cheese, where it seems like the people producing the music are so short on talent, they can only rely on cliche to make a good song. This is where I tend to lump most of the New York cheese club trance crap that I keep hearing at decadance.

follow?

------------------

cold spoonin' on this lovely autumn day

spoonyd.iwarp.com

casey i wouldn't call deep dish's sexual rmx cheese. the others maybe, but you and b2b there really isn't an answer.

i admit i love to hear the occasional cheesy anthemy type song but can't deal w/ a set of them.

in any case here's how i c it

DT, CC, Sasha, Hawtin(for you b2b)= cheese

DT(the real DT, denny tsettos), Razor N' Guido, judge jules = not cheese

-Rob

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

hmr3.gif

ya see, soo many damn views

my personal definition:

overly produced music aimed @ a target audience. using already established beats and samples created mainly for radio and commercial play. usually, but not always having vocals.

but thats not always a bad thing.

i still love the johnny viscious-ill fly w/ you climactic dub....

has anyone got a chance to read the article i wrote?

i think major confusion is between crossover and cheese... its a thin line.

------------------

djjoshuacarl.com

[O!]{}[O!]

Archived