Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This Was the WMC Tech Conference

djdekan

Techno is taking over and will clear out this shitty house we have.

Everywhere you went TECH, wether it was Tech House, Tech Trance, or Techno.....

Privilege, Of course, Cafeteria Afterhrs, Lawer at State. Pool Partys at the National, Space for Kremilin....... Marco at Space...

Its gonna be Everywhere.....

Originally posted by djdekan

Techno is taking over and will clear out this shitty house we have.

Everywhere you went TECH, wether it was Tech House, Tech Trance, or Techno.....

Privilege, Of course, Cafeteria Afterhrs, Lawer at State. Pool Partys at the National, Space for Kremilin....... Marco at Space...

Its gonna be Everywhere.....

Marco @ Space, what?

Guest saleen351

techno taking over???? lollllllll thats like people in south beach learning how to speak english.... never gonna happen...

Originally posted by saleen351

techno taking over???? lollllllll thats like people in south beach learning how to speak english.... never gonna happen...

judging by this post, i see you jumped off the techno bandwagon too!!!!:rolleyes::laugh:

i guess we can throw your idea of techno afterhours@ NV out the window... what a shame, that was a REAL good one!!!:laugh:

to cross-over to the masses with Techno it needs to be mixed up with house and other styles... hard techno all night long has limited appeal, I left Privilege at about 3:30 each night I went, all though I was loving it, after a while it gets to be a bit much, I mean it just makes you want to jump around so much I had to leave just to be able to rest my feet a little

that's why Jeff Mills was so good, he wasn't as relentless, he'd bang it and then chill it out for a little while and then bang it again, but never quite so hard... it was like classy classic techno for grown ups, and there were a lot of very young folks there getting into it too, Techno for everbody I'd say, that's the way to go ;)

Originally posted by tsheritage

I don't know where you were all WMC ... but all the parties I hit were Deep Soulfull House and brokenbeat/nu jazz. I don't dislike techno ... I enjoy it on occasion, but saying tech is taking over is a long shot, really.

yeah I was into all of that stuff a few years ago, but then it just got so pretentious, and the people who like it are such snobs (not always of course) they think anything over 126 bpms is cheesy raver crap for people with very low IQ's, I don't need to listen to intelligent music to prove that I'm intelligent, and when I want to hear some jazzy stuff I'll listen to some real classic jazz, John f-ing Coltrane! now there was a real genius

Originally posted by tsheritage

I don't know where you were all WMC ... but all the parties I hit were Deep Soulfull House and brokenbeat/nu jazz. I don't dislike techno ... I enjoy it on occasion, but saying tech is taking over is a long shot, really.

Where was he really?? The beach was full of house parties from Crobar to Nikki Beach, Blue, Mansion, etc. :zzz: :zzz:

Originally posted by saleen351

yeah and Pure is getting shut down along with Privilege going out of business :rolleyes:

techno is so damn booooooring I hope it stays away

and TECH and TECHNO are worlds apart

I've downloaded sets from likes of chris liebeng, jeff mills and the like and they do nothing for me....I've tried, but there is 0 groove

and the drum samples commonly used are anooying as fyck....mushy basedrums and rigid 909 hats and cymbals, blah

im going to both movement (detroit) and mutek (montreal) to get my techno fix. richie showed us that no matter how fast or hard slow or how deep and minimal shit is .. if its good it will make you fuckin dance or bounce or whatever you want call body movements. i had an absolute blast that night with my friends from miami from my own techno board and even people i didnt know .. the vibe was totally amazing richie was absolutely relentless .. he let us breathe and then came right back at us .. truly a memorable night with people who i hope to see again wether its in a warehouse in detroit or a club in montreal or even privielege in miami .. techno will be alive and kickin .. it may not be the sound for everyone, but its the sound for me!

Originally posted by djdekan

Saleen, why do you have to gossip and talk shit about a scene you really want to survive? Why dont you get off your knees, spit the shit out of your mouth, and have a good time...

Dekan, don't worry about Saleen. Just remember this, anyone who picks Whitney Houston remixes over anything else has to have problems ;)

Or he just heard Eminem say "No body listens to techno" and believes it :rolleyes: