Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The State of NYC Nightlife

I would just like to say Im sick and tired of hearing how NYC Clubs are all going down the drain. Maybe 6 months ago this saying would be true. Sound Factory just got shut down, so what, if it were Sound Factory in its prime thats a different story. But the Factory that got shut down was not the old factory, and its probably a good thing it got shut down, although Grant was starting to bring some nice Dj talent in the booth. NYC Clubs right now are bringing in some major talent, and you have to look in the right places to find a good party.

if you a JP fan Black is a big deal. I will be attending this party on the 13th. Atleast that night is guaranteed to be good Black will be hit or miss, time will tell.

Avalon is doing it right and bringing in some really big names, This is the second time Picotto has been there in the last few weeks, Cox is spinning on the 13th as well will be interesting to see what will have a bigger turn out Cox @ Avalon or JP@Black.

PVD was just at Roxy. Now we have Picotto(Avalon), Grand Opening of Black, Carl Cox(Avalon), S & D(Crobar), and Roger Sanchez at Spirit all in the same weekend. Arc has had DT on Fridays and some really big names on Saturdays ( Howells, Sander, john 00 fleming etc.) Arc is closing but more than likely it will reopen at a different location. Discotheque has been holding it down also.

Just look at the names that have been to NYC this year or will be here and its only March:

Marco V

Mauro Picotto

Judge Jules

PVD

Ferry Corsten

Boy George

Victor Calderone

Robbie Rivera

Johnny Vicious (who has been tearin it up lately)

Morillo

Marco Carola

Steve Lawler

Tall Pall

Lisa Lashes

Max Graham

layo and bushwacka

Correct if Im wrong people but NYC Nightlife is looking up.

As DT would say, when i go to a club i get lost in the music, i get into my own little space. As long as the music is good thats all i care about. Its always nice to have a good vibe and a good crowd, but those are things that are hard to come by nowadays. Good music = a good party for me.

Originally posted by clubber5524

As DT would say, when i go to a club i get lost in the music, i get into my own little space. As long as the music is good thats all i care about. Its always nice to have a good vibe and a good crowd, but those are things that are hard to come by nowadays. Good music = a good party for me.

so then all you need is a good live set on your computer and a good sound system. Why even go out.