Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sublimal @ Crobar - House Music History Night~!

For those of you who missed the night when subliminal ripped the crobar to shreads, I feel for you, really I do. Who Da Funk (Alex & George) ripped the club up playing some hardcore floor stomping shit, they set the mood and got everyone in the sublimial trance! Next up Harry Choo Choo - what more can anyone say about this guy, harry rocked a tight set then all of a sudden he filteres the record out in "real time" then comes back in with the 80's classic "DON'T YOU WANT ME BABY" BY Human Leauge.. The club went into a frenzy! people were screaming the words to the 80's hit back at harry so loudly it was hard to hear the record.. Harry flips it in "real time" filtering it and dropping the bass making it sound like a remix-- but it wasnt! For me that shit sent shivers down my spine cuase he really took the club and shocked us! Ohhh shit two tuggs of the massive "BOAT HORN" Eric is in the house, takes the decks and flips a massive set "the club melted in his hands" taking all of us on a rollercoaster ride some of us might not forget... Bam i'm on the second floor and all of a sudden security wooshes by with who else but "puff daddy" himself after yelling at some guy with a video camera and pleading with him to turn it off -- hes just starts dancing all by himself behind Morillo, Puffy grabs the Mic and jumps up on the speaker in the DJ booth and start yelling into the mic - Eric spinning and puffy yelling this has to be a historical event in the making. This performace went on for about 30 - 45min and after a while eric just dropped the music and let him "rant and rave" a bit about "why pussy ass dj's need to play the 20 min mix on a record" lol ... I don't know what he was talking about but i'm sure everyone else was just as clueless.. Puffy puts down the mic the entire club shows him MAD LOVE and Eric went back to his set. 5:30am crobar is closing -- eric gets on the mic tells everyone to head over to "club space" for the after party. Everyone exits the club jumps into cabs and we're off to space where they refused to let anyone in! Aprox 300 of us standing outside space & most were very big people in the music biz standing waiting in line at 6m only to be turned away and "Space" said to leave no-one is gettin in... they wouldnt even honor the WMC badges!

All in all - THIS WAS ONE AMAZING NIGHT ! THANK YOU SUBLIMINAL FOR MAKING IT A NIGHT TO REMMBER!:)

If anyone has pics from CROBAR that night post them in here.....

C R A F T M I X

C R A F T M I X - R E C O R D S

LISTEN TO OUT LATEST RELEASES! (free download)

SLAMMING ELECTRONIC HOUSE~ GOTO WWW.CRAFTMIX.COM __________________________________________

Michael Cerbo

www.craftmix.com

info@craftmix.com:)

well Morillo didn't show up anyway so you didn't miss him...though Sander K. played a sweet set on the terrace....fyi it was a $60 cover...but when i got there at 615-630 or so i walked right in...and Crobar finished at 5am....

Guest elliottness

I couldn't have said it any better, Subliminal was where it was at, although it was rough having to miss Tiesto. In all my years I've never seen an entire club stop a set and sing along in unison. We haven't had a chance to catch our breathes here in Chicago, as soon as we got back into town Sasha and Romero were playing here, not to mention Sandra Collins last night and Ferry Corsten this weekend with PVD on the way. Romero through down "Don't You Want Me Baby" and the crowd was loving it too, but not like at Subliminal. I had a chance to talk to him for a minute after his set (you have to love the DJ booths at Vision and Crobar Chicago, you can get right behind them and chat) and I told him thanks for dropping it again and how awesome his set was at Crobar Miami. He told me that he felt love that night like never before and it was already one of his favorite moments of his career.

Craftmix --- so true man, a historical night I will never forget for many many reasons! my only downfall of the night was lossing my digital camera, it was a cheapy cheapy but had some good club shots on there..

That track on your site "craftmix vs danny t & peter bailey, was slammin! you got that off Craftmix.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the pleasure of going to my first Subliminal WMC event this past march and to say i was totally blown away would be an understatement....

I wouldnt expect any less this coming march. I was fortunate enough to catch a few Subliminal Pacha Ibiza events this summer on vacation in Spain and every night there was a total blast....Erick takes the party with him wherever he goes. As well being fortunate enough to spend some time with Harry Romero and his lovely wife Jessica Eve upon running into them in town, i must say they are some of the most real people i have met in the professional dance music industry. Nonetheless, ill be there for their event come hell or high water this year!!

Shameless promotion...subliminal fans, check out my new mix CD!!!

http://www.demostreams.com/app/ds/bio.cfm?userid=themanfall

here is a tracklisting

Intro. Madness_One Step Beyond

1. Klonhertz_3 Girl Rhumba

2. Soulwax_Any Minute Now

3. Felix The Housecat_Rocket Ride (Soulwax rmx.)

4. Jan Driver_Ladies Want It

5. Chikinki_Like it or Leave it (Tom Neville rmx.)

6. Granite & Phunk_Knock You Over (Lee Cabrera rmx.)

7. Black Strobe_Italian Fireflies

8. Eric Prydz_Call On Me

9. The Cult_Sanctuary of Love (white label rmx.)

10. Alter Ego_Rocker

11. Morillo feat. Audio Bullies_Break Down The Doors (Fuzzy Hair rmx.)

12. Nirvana vs. Medicine8_Lithium

13. Vincent_Punk Revolution

well...i CHACKED him out (nice spelling eh?) when i saw felix da housecat play last week...appparently erol has done the sickest re-edit of alter ego's rocker that i have ever heard. felix dropped it at avalon last friday and it took over the club. one review even said this track has to be the work of the devil himself...perfect halloween EDM!!!