Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Internet DJs

Thanks to this great thing called broadband, many of us are enjoying some awesome streams of non-stop music.

For the past few years I've been listening to IDT, PureDJ and ETS Global "stations".

Besides the well known DJs they also play some amazing sets from guys I've never heard of...DJs that never show up in NYC (AFAIK).

I am wondering...are they just some 'fake' DJs that simply produce the tracks with their computers but couldn't spin live?

Why not promote some of original new talents that many people are now exposed to thanks to the internet radio.

Bring them to NYC...there are many smaller venues that they could play

Some of the names: Frizzle, Gil Shwartz, DJ Elusive, Gutman.

Actually I have found that outside of the northeast,a nd most of the country for that matter, you will hear some of the sickest djs ever and will never hear them anywhere because they are playing from there basements. It is a great form of hearing unheard djs who are many times 10x better then many NYC DJs, which everybody seems to hold on a high pedestal. But then again, everyone and their mother in this area is a freaking dj.

Originally posted by PCR

Thanks to this great thing called broadband, many of us are enjoying some awesome streams of non-stop music.

For the past few years I've been listening to IDT, PureDJ and ETS Global "stations".

Besides the well known DJs they also play some amazing sets from guys I've never heard of...DJs that never show up in NYC (AFAIK).

I am wondering...are they just some 'fake' DJs that simply produce the tracks with their computers but couldn't spin live?

Why not promote some of original new talents that many people are now exposed to thanks to the internet radio.

YOU NEED TO LOG ONTO WWW.DOWNSHIFTRADIO.COM

THE ONLY SITE THAT STREAMS LIVE AUDIO AND VIDEO.

WITH TONS OF GUEST DJ'S FROM THE NYC AREA AND INTERNATIONAL DJ'S

PEACE

• 7 months later...

I am NOT a 'fake' DJ.

I produce House and Dance Music, the thing is that non of my productions are signed anywhere (yet).

And if someone would like me to come and spin, all they need to do is to contact me.

Greetings,

Gil Shwartz.

for LIVE PROOF that there are some great djs out there streaming on the web. Check out downshiftradio.com

You dont just listen to them, you watch them via camera.

They bring in some bigger dogs too sometimes, special guests, tony draper,skoof,

billy kalo&steve petsis(THE 2 GUYS WHO MADE THE REAL REMIX TO PUMP IT UP, SOMEONE STOLE A COPY AND SIGNED IT UNDER "the black and white bros remix"...what crap,that must be the worst thing for any artist.).

all types of music too-funk-soul-house-trance-hip-hop

Actually I have found that outside of the northeast,a nd most of the country for that matter, you will hear some of the sickest djs ever and will never hear them anywhere because they are playing from there basements. It is a great form of hearing unheard djs who are many times 10x better then many NYC DJs, which everybody seems to hold on a high pedestal. But then again, everyone and their mother in this area is a freaking dj.

first off, greetings to Gil-- your productions are great! We'd love to see you in the NYC area sometime soon, keep up the outstanding work!

Now steve, if you want to hear some quality DJ's (whether it be guys who are doin NYC main floors now, in the past have, or in some cases have NEVER played in NYC) then MMR is the place.

Maybe its a local bias I have being from here, but with the scene as great as it is in this area, I dont see how bedroom DJ's in Kansas City would have some kind of advantage over bedroom DJ's from NYC who get to go see DT, JP, Vazquez, and some of the world's top DJ's on a WEEKLY basis. Am I just understanding you incorrectly?

And I dont know of any prior beef btw you and Qwest, but Qwest is 100% correct to stand up for the DJ's on metro mix. Yes, there are some great DJ's outside the northeast, no doubt. But some of the best DJ's in the area play on metro mix weekly and STILL get slept on. Its unreal. And comments like the one you made just perpetuates that 'sleeping' if you will. I think it works as a reverse bias, since there are so many spots here in NY and NJ that if you're not playing one, your a nobody and there are hungier bedroom dj's in texas and florida who are better than you.

Please clarify your comment if I am understanding it wrong, but I agree with what qwest is saying. Which is this--- some of the best dj's in the area are right under people's noses and they just dont realize it....

Peace,

Mike

THE REVOLUTION is one of the best shows I have ever heard. Granted it is not a DJ spinning, it is the only place I have found such a resourceful archive of interviews with todays hottest and most talented DJs and producers. Seriously, if you have never checked it out... log on to metromixradio and see for yourself... intelligent and formal yet casual and sometimes humorous - REVOLUTION offers something no online or major broadcast offers to our community.

THE REVOLUTION is one of the best shows I have ever heard. Granted it is not a DJ spinning, it is the only place I have found such a resourceful archive of interviews with todays hottest and most talented DJs and producers. Seriously, if you have never checked it out... log on to metromixradio and see for yourself... intelligent and formal yet casual and sometimes humorous - REVOLUTION offers something no online or major broadcast offers to our community.

MY show, Vibe Injection is on right before the revolution when it airs... Stop in a little early next time! ;)

I spin live on PureDJ. I connect my mixer and TTs up to the computer and let it go, most times its great sometimes I wreck, but its all 100% live when they have live sets. They do not allow pc djs, they barely allow cd djs there anymore, only TTs.

And as for Ets-global, I've recorded some sets that have been played there a bunch. I've never heard any live sets on Ets-global, only recorded ones but they are supposed to all be with TT/mixer, not pc mix.....