Clubplanet Nightlife Community

>>WEDDiNGS.....

I just HATE traditional weddings/showers...

like these are a few things that make me wanna puke:

The bouquet toss

Bridemaid's dresses.... :blown:

Up-Dos

The opening of the Gifts @ the Shower (dont CARE how many plates/blenders/towels she got) Just open the damn gifts when your home....NO ONE CARES!

THe Garder Belt Toss

-Putting the Garder Belt on the girl who caught the bouquet!!! HORRIBLE...I mean COME ON NOW????

-All those stupid Group Dances (chicken dance,electric slide...etc)

-Other people Kids running around everywhere...

-Ladies taking there SHOES off to DANCE... :blank:

-"THe Bride cuts the Cake,,,,,,the Groom Cuts the Cake" JUST SERVE THE DAMN CAKE...we're hungry and BORED!!!!

I refuse to do ANY of those things....I want music that I like the entire night...screw what everyone else likes, I sat through their weddings....now its THERE turn to sit thru LOUD BANGING TECHNO & HOUSE ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

I know i sound so jaded...but Ive been to a million weddings, and honestly they are ALL THE SAME!

the good thing is that my sister is getting married on June 19th & Im the maid of honor..but the cool thing is that she's not doing all those typical things....except she's having it @ the Rainbow Room...(Nice Place...but not my style...But SHE'S SOOOO happy, and thats ALL that Matters)

ANd I counted again....I have 4 Weddings to attend between May-October :blown:

thats ur own fault for knowing so many damn people then ;)

idk i love them. i would hate it for people to think/talk this way about my own wedding... the whole point of it is the traditional things u do at them... i caught the bouquet 2x.. once when i was 13 lol.. and again just this past october... its hilarious when ur older and able to have fun with it..

every wedding that i go with with family or my friends have been a blast... maybe ur just hangin around with all the wrong people ;)

lol

Originally posted by linabina

thats ur own fault for knowing so many damn people then ;)

idk i love them. i would hate it for people to think/talk this way about my own wedding... the whole point of it is the traditional things u do at them... i caught the bouquet 2x.. once when i was 13 lol.. and again just this past october... its hilarious when ur older and able to have fun with it..

every wedding that i go with with family or my friends have been a blast... maybe ur just hangin around with all the wrong people ;)

ARe all your FRIENDS married yet?

...i always looked at it that if this person is asking me to do this for them it's an honor and a priviledge...i would do the best job with minimal complaining because it meant something to them...i've given the speeches, set up the bachelor parties, etc....it is what it is so quit yer bitchin and get crackin!!!...lol...jk

...on a side note, the last wedding i went to was, for a lack of better terms, white trash...it was held in a VFW...with a horrible dj and an even worse buffet...but i had an awesome time...lol...it's all about what you make of a situation...perspective is everything my friends...dont ever forget that...

Originally posted by phatman

...i always looked at it that if this person is asking me to do this for them it's an honor and a priviledge...i would do the best job with minimal complaining because it meant something to them...i've given the speeches, set up the bachelor parties, etc....it is what it is so quit yer bitchin and get crackin!!!...lol...jk

...on a side note, the last wedding i went to was, for a lack of better terms, white trash...it was held in a VFW...with a horrible dj and an even worse buffet...but i had an awesome time...lol...it's all about what you make of a situation...perspective is everything my friends...dont ever forget that...

see sometimes that weddings that dont go "ALL-OUT" are the ones I have most fun at ;)

You KNOW HOW THOSE GREEK WEDDINGS ARE......come on now!!!

Originally posted by nomembername

I love going to weddings where everyone stays at a hotel afterwards and I get to bang one of the bridesmaids who are all depressed because it ain't them getting married...gotta love taking advantage of dumb broads :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by nycchic24

ive got three weddings between June and October - one here at the Waldorf Astoria, two in boston. three is ALOT! ( i feel for you glowgirl, with four!) and thank god i dont have to buy any bridesmaid dresses.

the one wedding Im going to is on MEMORIAL DAY MONDAY like EARLY ceremony & early reception somewher Far in Long Island...I think "Fox Hollow" or something like that!!!!

what TOTALLLLLY sux is that the reception is Over @ 5pm, DO YOU HOW MUCH TRAFFIC IM GONNA HIT ON THE WAY BACK TO NYC?????? ARE you KIDDDING MEE?????!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad::mad:

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

....anyone else feeling me on this?????

actually NOPE. Not at all.

I just got back tonite from my mothers' wedding in Jamaica.

Freakin' beautiful. Completely worth all the stress and complete chaos I've gone through the past two months.

Her bridal shower (( this is her second marriage, her first didn't include all the traditional hoopla )) was fantastic....the wedding was georgeous...and I can't wait for the reception here back home in two weeks.

So what if it's boring, or hectic, or the slightest bit inconvienient for YOU....think about the beautiful thing that's about to take place.

:)