Please this and every Friday for Cream & Sugar @ RUMI

330 Lincoln RD

DJ IRIE spinning the finest hip-hop and 80's rock

Please dress to impress.

Drink specials!!

Please contact SMAC Entertainment for guest list @ 305.673.9991

or via e-mail smacent@bellsouth.net

Thanks!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

let's get something clear here folks. as the poster of the thread previously stated "if hip-hop is not your thing...move on to another thread." the tacky comments are really unnecessary. extend to the original poster the same courtesy, as you would expect when promoting, or favoring your particular event..

our maybe we should start locking threads..:idea:;)

Originally posted by sobeton

our maybe we should start locking threads..:idea:;)

Gee, ya think?

Off on another tangent, a lot of people forget to lurk before posting. They come on here, acting like king shit, and post.

Back in the day way before BB forums like this, before the web even...(sidebar: i've been online since 1991)...you lurked before you posted. You learned what would and wouldn't get you flamed, who to respect, and who to take down. Grant it, most people on here wouldn't know USENET from their ass from a hole in the ground, but I'm really bummed to see that certain conventions and rules have not carried over...any monkey with a PC and a $10 modem can post senseless drivel...the deluge of September 1996 (the month AOL tied in their private network to the greater internet) has not ceased...it's been good economically, but the overall signal-to-noise ratio has gone way out of whack. There's 99 shit websites for every one good one.

Sure it's Clubplanet. Hip-hop is unfortunately played in clubs down here. You know my opinions on it. I won't restate them, but you know how I feel (i.e. get the fuck off my beach)...but over time, this BB has established itself as HouseBreaksTranceDnBDanceMusicPlanetstayawayyoughettothugs.com...again, a few days of lurking would have established that....conversely, I'm not going over to Vibe Magazine's messageboards and advertising anything that I'm into, since the same thing will happen to me. They'll chase me off and threaten to torch my house and bust a cap in my ass.

In other words...lurk people. Observe the general discussion before you post...don't just jump in and expect a favorable response.

Originally posted by pod

Gee, ya think?

Off on another tangent, a lot of people forget to lurk before posting. They come on here, acting like king shit, and post.

Back in the day way before BB forums like this, before the web even...(sidebar: i've been online since 1991)...you lurked before you posted. You learned what would and wouldn't get you flamed, who to respect, and who to take down. Grant it, most people on here wouldn't know USENET from their ass from a hole in the ground, but I'm really bummed to see that certain conventions and rules have not carried over...any monkey with a PC and a $10 modem can post senseless drivel...the deluge of September 1996 (the month AOL tied in their private network to the greater internet) has not ceased...it's been good economically, but the overall signal-to-noise ratio has gone way out of whack. There's 99 shit websites for every one good one.

Sure it's Clubplanet. Hip-hop is unfortunately played in clubs down here. You know my opinions on it. I won't restate them, but you know how I feel (i.e. get the fuck off my beach)...but over time, this BB has established itself as HouseBreaksTranceDnBDanceMusicPlanetstayawayyoughettothugs.com...again, a few days of lurking would have established that....conversely, I'm not going over to Vibe Magazine's messageboards and advertising anything that I'm into, since the same thing will happen to me. They'll chase me off and threaten to torch my house and bust a cap in my ass.

In other words...lurk people. Observe the general discussion before you post...don't just jump in and expect a favorable response.

"In this and like communities, public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed." :blank:

Guest laurensmacmia

DEAR POD:

1st things first...I never came on here like I was KING SHIT and I did not mean to post a party that would throw all of you closed minded, non hip-hop fans into a frenzy! I do lurk quite often here in Club Planet and I dont feel out of place anywhere on this website! So if those are your intentions..to get me or the hip-hop parties that my company throws out of all threads then keep trying...Listen we dont want any trouble this is just good publicity for us whether people come or dont come! And I have been posting SMAC's parties for months now and no 1 has said shit until now...and one more thing SMAC Entertainment throws mainly hip-hop parties but we all enjoy house and on thursdays at Crobar we host the DOPE party in the upstairs...i dont know if you are interested but if you are we would love to have you come and join us...we have also started throwing MYNT on Sundays and we are in the process of booking a local house DJ for the 2nd room in MYNT and we would love to have you there too! I will let you know when that is going to happen! Finally...I see and hear your passion for music and I would never condem it...please dont condem ours!! Thanks!

Guest laurensmacmia

unfortunately you have pissed no one off and please come to one of our parties...ill buy you a drink!!

Originally posted by djcarlosf

theres that hip-hop temper flaring again! :laugh:

Nah,... brother made his point and even invited to a spot.

RESPECT!

I KNOW Irie aka Ian. My wife & her sister lived in the same neighborhood as he did and they all grew up together, went to same High School, etc..

He's mad cool people and always in a great mood.

He's come a long way as a hip-hop DJ.

I know everyone has an opinion about hip-hop but it is a culture just like ours folks.

Let's be respectful. :D

Peace.

Originally posted by laurensmacmia

unfortunately you have pissed no one off and please come to one of our parties...ill buy you a drink!!

:eek:

Now you've really done it. You just offered Pod a drink. :nono:

Rule #1: Never offer an alcoholic a drink.

:tongue: