Clubplanet Nightlife Community

go-go dancers in regular clubs: yea or nay?

weyes

what do you think of go-go/platform dancers in regular clubs?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think of go-go/platform dancers in regular clubs?

• yea
    • nay
    • indifferent

I don't mind either way but I'm tired of the same girls wearing the same thing doing the same dance every week...

what i would like to see is actual choreographed dances .. maybe something like a chair dance where all the girls have a chair and they are all dancing the same thing .. etc...

that would keep me entertained... oh and if you could get special lighting for that particular time.. how neat would that be?

I like it when different girls from the floor jump up on the platforms and dance.. You know.. regular chicks that paid to get into the club.. It makes it interesting and fun.. that way anyone with balls can get up and shake there a@s...

So I voted nay on the paid go go dancers..they just dont look like they are having as much fun

Originally posted by weyes

what do you think of platform/go-go dancers in regular (as in not strip) clubs (i.e. spundae, red, avalon)?

Well, I will tell you that LALate has seen it all.

In a day, you'd be shocked how many emails we get. But one week a couple of months ago we thought we needed some gogo dancers for an event - omg - I will tell you, you have no idea how many emails we got. Basically, our email servers were crashing. It seemed like the entire western world and their sister wants to be a gogo dancer.

Especially in the western parts of LA, you see so many conservative girls - generally the most reserved in the crowd (judging by their very attire, look, company, etc.) - all of sudden hearing some 100.3 the Beat song coming on the decks, a station they probably never listen to (you can see them trying to say the lyrics but they are totally lost cuz they dont listen to that song normally), all of a sudden becoming like possessed :spin2: jumping up on booths (not even gogo stands, like booths, counters, etc.), chairs, counters, and all of sudden "attempting" to become gogodancers with some convulsing thang that has no resemblence to dancing (they never heard this music and they are dressed for a corporate interview, not dressed to dance to this) .... and you look at them and think :confused: what are you doing up there?

In the beach communities, some of the girls that get up on the counters dance friggen great and play it up bigtime for their admirers :D. But then, right next to them, you see these girls that look like dead corpses on pogo sticks doing some culvusion just cuz they heard a song say "shake it, shake it, shake it like a ...".

Even at Spundae, this one girl once, God help her, she literally happily flashed a .... R rated pose .... to someone I was just because she liked the attention of having her pic taken.

At many westside bars, honestly, you think the girls are going to fall off the booths and if the girls were more than 5'8'' they'd hit the ceiling with their heads.

Could go on and on with this subject but basically, here's final thoughts on patron gogodancers -

1) If you're a venue, have a policy about how and when patrons can get up. I've seen ... won't say which venue it is ... let my smokin hot friend on the stage but they say no to other girls just cuz they aren't hot enough - That's not cool. It makes a patron sad.

2) Let guys on the stage. Do what Stock Exchange does. It lets anyone get on the stage. And believe me - the "luvin" starts on the stage :D Lotssss a luvin :D and group luvin :D

3) Don't have people dance where drinks are placed. It's so unsafe and have seen so many accidents from it.

And if you can't shake it, get down and stand in the corner lol

:D

I don't see why not... I think there should be more theme though other than just dancing... i.e. biomechanics and symbiosis, cocoon to butterfly, so on and so on... Just to have people dance.... well, that's what I thought people went to clubs for?:)

Originally posted by ShortyStar

I don't mind either way but I'm tired of the same girls wearing the same thing doing the same dance every week...yeah... i forgot how the dancers always look.. they always have a gloomy face on...

amen to all of that!

i don't know if i'd really call it dancing, either, but there's not much one can do when one has to keep one's feet planted in one spot or when one is wearing those ridiculous 6-inch platform boots :blank: .

i absolutely love watching other people dance, but it gets to me that the people on the dancefloor are sooooooo much more fun to watch than these chicks in their underwear. i kinda feel like the club decided for me that i wanted to watch them; they're all up in my face and whatnot.

and the expressions they have on their faces are either blank, uppity, or outright bored, and there's no fun in that. seriously, i can't recall a time when they ever looked like they were having a good time. but i guess they have to be on the defensive, too, with the way guys harass them.

and i'm with you, shorty, i'd love to watch something choreographed. i never see dance performances anymore now that i'm out of school; there were modern dance performances at my pre-k thru 12 school and at my college, and i choreographed one when i was in 8th grade. i guess i don't want to see people dance on stage unless they love it.

Originally posted by tequiza

Just curious...anyone ever seen male go go's? I'd imagine probably in gay clubs or what not. But personally have not seen any. This is just curiosity, nothing else... :cool:

I have !! At gay night at the Avalon, here in Boston...

Yeah, I'd agree with Sinrider. Break Down @ 7969 is a damn fine show. Tyler has even been able to drag my lazy rear out of long beach on a wednesday night to party there. He is just THE MAN when it comes to innovative ideas for his party peeps.