Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Markus Schulz @ MIA Lounge

xxgrooveericxx

Well, it sounds great on the radio...................

OK, this will be the last time I speak of MIA and attempt to attend the place because it's getting out of hand. Everytime I try to go have a good time there, there are problems.

No, I wasn't wearing sneakers. No, I didn't have on crappy clothes. No, no, no........

COVER CHARGE??? :confused: $10???

WHY??? Please answer that for me. ESPECIALLY IF I AM GOING TO EAT DINNER THERE?!?!? I specifically told the guy at the door (and he asked me again to make sure) I WAS GOING TO EAT DINNER! Then they ask me to pay $10 cover charge....attachment.php?postid=1961954 I'm going to your place to have a nice dinner, spend $15-$20 on that meal plus a drink or two, plus tip, and you want me to pay $10 cover??? :nono:

Another minor detail....it's a MONDAY too! On the weekend, anyone here can get on VIP list to a club and not pay cover and they still spend a nice chunk of change at their place. I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense to me. They have a finally lost me as a customer. I don't think they will miss me too much because I have been able to spend my money there only 2 times. So for everyone who went, hope you had fun.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

That sucks, bro. :no:

Kinda reminds me of this time I went to a concert, and they wanted to charge me $10 to go to the bathroom. :tongue:

That place and you go well together like oil and water. I don't blame you for being mad.

Originally posted by chaflas

:confused: :confused: :confused:

That sucks, bro. :no:

Kinda reminds me of this time I went to a concert, and they wanted to charge me $10 to go to the bathroom. :tongue:

That place and you go well together like oil and water. I don't blame you for being mad.

WELL , IF YOU WANTED TO USE MY BATHROOM ID CHARGE YOU $10 AS WELL :tongue:

..I myself was kinda surprized that they were charging $10 at the door (11pm) , but oh well ...it wasnt gonna keep me from going in .

Nice seeing some familiar faces .....carisa , miriam , amber , diego , and Ericmikaze .

:)

but honestly i do find it a bit ridicolous if you are going to eat there to have a cover charge. I really enjoy the food there and I make it a priority to get there early so I can eat a nice dinner than dance till i can't no more.

Originally posted by mursa

..I myself was kinda surprized that they were charging $10 at the door (11pm) , but oh well ...it wasnt gonna keep me from going in .

Nice seeing some familiar faces .....carisa , miriam , amber , diego , and Ericmikaze .

:)

But did you go there to eat or just to listen to music and hang with friends and have some drinks? If you got there at 11pm, i highly doubt you went to eat ;)

See if I was doing that, I wouldn't mind because I wasn't eating dinner spending $20 on a meal. So the $10 charge would be justified.

Yeah, they charged Diego cover too. If I hadnt walked in with Arturo Im sure they would have tried to charge me too (actually they did try to charge all of us...thanks for the list Markus) and I got there before 10pm. Can somebody from MIA please clarify the new door policy that seems to have gone into effect??? Thanks!

Got inside and had a nice buffet dinner with Markus and his crew. Thanks again for including me in that MS. This was the first time that I had the opportunity to hang with him outside of a club and I have to say the man has a GREAT sense of humor!!! :D Markus went downstairs to hit the decks at 11pm. I always love Markus' track selection and last night he was on fire. Always fun to watch him behind the decks. Markus brings a great vibe to the place.

I headed upstairs to check out the SOTU boys who were throwing down a nice melodic set. Joey played "THE" track..."Sanctuary"...aaahhhhhh...love it!!! I was surprised that the music from the downstairs room didnt filter in...that was great!!! The upstairs room is a great place to chill, talk and get away from the mob of people downstairs.

The bar area upstairs was a bit unorganized but they were doing the best they could with the small space. However, the girl behind the bar did try to tell me that ladies only drink free until midnight...that is until I pulled out the flyer (I came prepared this time). So needless to say, I drank a little more than I should.

After Markus finishedhis set he went to the front of the bar area (by the door) and signed his cd for everyone and took pictures. This man really gives back to his fans...he knows that we all sacrifice sleep and time away from others just to come and support him and he seems to really appreciate it. Oh and Markus...I now have it in writing...I'll be waiting for your call. ;)

Thanks again to MIA for allowing such great music to be brought in on a Monday night. Now if we could have clarification on the door policy...

BTW...SaintJohn, nice chatting with you, hope you got up on time this morning.:D

To all the usuals...you know who you are...nice hanging out with you again.

Didn't know what to expect and like it has been mentioned the cover charge threw me for a loop. But I want to Say thanks to Joe for the comp and the hospitality.

The place was packed a very mixed crowd. I had friends from out of town with me, and they didn't care for the vibe and commotion downstairs but we hung out for a while to listen to Markus. He was on point with his style of music and most were digging it. He had the place jumping and fist pumpin and going crazy, but it was tough for me to get into it. Maybe because it was a Monday or because it is not my cup of tea, like others say. :blank:

It was then time for the SOTU crew to take over upstairs and, I was excited. These guys never seize to amaze me, and I loved the vibe they create. It seemed like most of the hot women were making there way upstairs, for the Intelligent Sounds. Joey and Obby tore it up. I will take two cups of SOTU tea. :tongue:

Good seeing and hangin with everyone.

If you have never experienced these guys, you are missing out.

I am editing the pictures right now and they will be up on CJ, ASAP.

:D

Originally posted by erickamikaze

Didn't know what to expect and like it has been mentioned the cover charge threw me for a loop. But I want to Say thanks to Joe for the comp and the hospitality.

The place was packed a very mixed crowd. I had friends from out of town with me, and they didn't care for the vibe and commotion downstairs but we hung out for a while to listen to Markus. He was on point with his style of music and most were digging it. He had the place jumping and fist pumpin and going crazy, but it was tough for me to get into it. Maybe because it was a Monday or because it is not my cup of tea, like others say. :blank:

It was then time for the SOTU crew to take over upstairs and, I was excited. These guys never seize to amaze me, and I loved the vibe they create. It seemed like most of the hot women were making there way upstairs, for the Intelligent Sounds. Joey and Obby tore it up. I will take two cups of SOTU tea. :tongue:

Good seeing and hangin with everyone.

If you have never experienced these guys, you are missing out.

I am editing the pictures right now and they will be up on CJ, ASAP.

Would you care for two lumps of sweet bass for your two cups of "SOTU tea"

Guest brwneydtrouble

First of all I want to thank Joey and Obby for coming out and spinning for us, you guys are awesome.

As for the confusion with the door, I was not aware that there was going to be a charge at the door till right before I got there. This charge was only for that one time, because of Marcus' CD release party. I was infrmed that I would have a list and I was able to get a few people in since I had no idea who was going to be making it out. If there is ever a problem with the door, please call me and i'll make sure to fix it.

The bar upstairs is not usually a full bar and they kept running out of glassware. Typically the room is for private parties and the policies are a little different.

All in all though, it was an excellent night. Especially considering that it was a monday! The room downstairs was packed to capacity and upstairs little by little filled up to the point that all the tables were occupied and the dancefloor was pretty packed. Just as last week, the end of the night, around 2am, saw more people in our little room than in the main room.

Just a reminder, next week we will have Domingo Castillo and Oscar Fonseca upstairs, and Edgar V downstairs. :D Both will be starting at 11pm.

See you there!