Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mr. Jangles does Europe...this summer, any suggestions?

quest4sunrise

Whats up my dysfuntional family away from my disfunctional family ;) ??? I'm going to Europe this summer as a graduation trip from my parents. I am going alone which will make me very flexible and mobile to shit I want to do. I'll be there for 6-8 weeks and I need all the help I can get. Have any of you ever been to Europe or heard stories from others who have? I planned out a preliminary trip and I am looking for ANY and ALL suggestions you have. I'm looking to do a half-tourist/half-clubber kind of thing. This is my plan so far:

Dublin

Liverpool

London

Paris

Brussels

Breda, Holland (check out Tiesto's record shop)

Amsterdam

Stockholm

Berlin

Munich

Vienna

Budapest

Athens

Rome

Florence

Milan

Versaille, France

Barcelona

Madrid

Valencia

IBIZA!!!

I need help with:

- alternate cities to stop by

- cultural info (musuems, food, scenic areas, etc.)

- Festivals (ex: Love Parade in Berlin)

- Sick nightclubs

THANKS A TON... I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

get the guide "lets go europe 2004". its one of the best travel guides for backpacking. by the way, since ur planning to go to france, u should try to stop by the riviera. thats one of the most beautiful places to be in the summer. also, dont spend too much time in brussels b/c theres not much to do there. if u have time, try to make it to Prague instead of vienna. vienna is nice but its nothing special, it feels like another part of germany basically. i didnt make it to prague and i regret it but every1 tells me its awesum. they say the city is really cool, its super cheap, and the partying is great :)

also, check if your cell phone can be used in europe if u change the lil chip inside so that way while ur traveling u can text ppl and get in touch with everyone.

i might hit up europe this summer too after graduation, so ill let u know if i end up doing anything ;)

also, if u plan to fly to a couple places, check ryanair.com- they have super cheap fares.

...Southern Portugal (Albufeira & Faro) is a very good alternative in the summer time , as it is a quite popular destination for tourists from portugal and all over europe , and is Very Cheap when compared to the rest of europe .

:cool:

Originally posted by mursa

...Southern Portugal (Albufeira & Faro) is a very good alternative in the summer time , as it is a quite popular destination for tourists from portugal and all over europe , and is Very Cheap when compared to the rest of europe .

:cool:

How did I know you would mention Portugal? ;)

Originally posted by funketeer

I suggest to fly over there, it's kinda far...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually, I was thinking of going to SoBe with my blow-up air mattress and a personal, hand-held fan that I could use as a prepeller so I could take the U.S.S. Jangles over there

Originally posted by quest4sunrise

Actually, I was thinking of going to SoBe with my blow-up air mattress and a personal, hand-held fan that I could use as a prepeller so I could take the U.S.S. Jangles over there

Not a bad idea, navigate in zig-zag to take better advantage of the jet-stream...:D

Originally posted by poysoniv

get the guide "lets go europe 2004". its one of the best travel guides for backpacking. by the way, since ur planning to go to france, u should try to stop by the riviera. thats one of the most beautiful places to be in the summer. also, dont spend too much time in brussels b/c theres not much to do there. if u have time, try to make it to Prague instead of vienna. vienna is nice but its nothing special, it feels like another part of germany basically. i didnt make it to prague and i regret it but every1 tells me its awesum. they say the city is really cool, its super cheap, and the partying is great :)

also, check if your cell phone can be used in europe if u change the lil chip inside so that way while ur traveling u can text ppl and get in touch with everyone.

i might hit up europe this summer too after graduation, so ill let u know if i end up doing anything ;)

also, if u plan to fly to a couple places, check ryanair.com- they have super cheap fares.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR :D :D :D Thanks Miriam!!

Originally posted by CrzyC

#4 Take me with you! :)

I would love the hell out of that. Me, you, and Miriam. Sorta like a European "Charles in Charge" meets "Human Traffic" That would be siiiiick if y'all came. I know I'm all set up, so it's up to you. Even if it were a short stay (Love Parade?) that would be badass. Ha, we'll talk about it over drinks at Crobar tonight :cool:

How about festivals? Does anyone know anything about them?

Taken from Xpander.NL

SVEN VATH'S COCOON CLUB

Sven Vath's new club 'Cocoon' is set to open in his home town of Frankfurt this year. With it, he hopes to turn the city into an international playground for the avant garde of electronic music once more. It will not be the first time Vath has opened a club: in 1988, he bought a venue called Vogue, renovated it, and opened it as Omen. The club became an international meeting point for club culture but was forced to close its doors ten years later.

Besides the new club, Vath's Cocoon concept will also go to Ibiza this year along with a new Cocoon Clubbing Tour taking in the best techno venues in Europe. Queensday in Holland, on 30th April, will be an extra special day for techno lovers as Cocoon will land on Rotterdam's shores. It will bring with it German producer Johannes Heil (live), Spanish Paco Osuna and Italian techno talent Danilo Vigorito to club Las Palmas in the city.

Sven Vath will not be part of the Cocoon crew for the Rotterdam party, but his fans can catch him at Xcess at Powerzone in Amsterdam this Friday (26th March) where he will play a 4-hour solo set with Toni Rios and Steve "Mr. Pokerflat" Bug also on the bill. (03/24/04)

When you're in the UK, head up to Manchester for a Tribal Gathering party. British Rail accepts Interail and Int'l Student passes.

In Italy... Portofino, Genoa, island of Capri, Milano

In France... castles of the Loire and Rhone valleys, Reims for some good champagne, Marseilles, St. Tropez, Nice, Cannes and rent a car to drive along the riviera to Monaco (Monte Carlo). You'll drive on the famous Formula One circuit!

In Greece... take a flight (Olympic AW, Aegean AL) from Athens to Santorini (Thira), Mykonos, Rhodes, Corfu, Skiathos, Crete.

For clubbing in Athens... the strip along Poseidonos Ave and also +Soda in downtown Athens, Venue in Varkiza, and take the ferry to Paros, Naxos, Folegandros, Serifos, Sifnos, Amorgos or Ios for some awesome beaches and relaxation. Also consider flying from Athens to Cyprus (Larnaca or Paphos) and stay in Aghia Napa.

:D:hat: