Clubplanet Nightlife Community

remember the tunnel

Originally posted by tunnle

I would get there like at 1am go to the kurfew side and hang in the fuzzy room then i would make my way into the bathroom's up stairs, i have made so meny friends in that bathroom,,,then i would go into the room in back and listen to some hardcore...I came across so meny people in that place...black,white gay,straight,,clubkids,,we all partied together...:eek: 98 had to be one of the best years there...i would stay till about 9am walk out side into the morning sun... ps anyone there the night that kid died outside the club and no one could leave till they took everyones name down....RIP

Kurfew's door was the ONLY way to go. It was so much cheaper than the main entrance AND you got full run of the club.

And I was there that night when the kid died. The police officer was writing down what everyone was wearing too. Shit, I still remember exactly how the sun looked November 1st, 1998, after we were leaving the Halloween party at around 11am or so. So many great times at that place....and to think, I only got thrown out once. :laugh:

Guest starscream

i miss the lava lounge....i have soo many great memories of chillin with friends and bugging out in that lounge....

Guest distort909
Originally posted by urei1620

shit.. those were the days..

DT on Sat and eddie baez on fridays..

i really miss it.

:swallow:

eeeewwwww those were not the dayz...... those were the dayz after the club saw its dayz.

Originally posted by housedog

Todd thats for posting those video's. They gave me goose bumps.

I agree with Miss Kittie, Paladium was the bomb. The stairs all lit up when you walked in and the theater seating, alot of bad stuff happened up there.

I missed the tunnel in its hey day. I started going the end of 1996, so I really missed its prime, but even though I started there late it was still great times. Remeber 27th St in its day with Twilo and Tunnel on one street, it was ALWAYS packed.

I saved the best for last, Limelight. It was (for me) very hard to get in, but once I did it felt like I was in a different world. The inside had SO MANY different kinds of people. Everyone was nice and friendly, and you really could DO anything you wanted in here. I seen people sniffin glue to people smoke out of crack pipes. :eek: My favorite part of the night was @ 3am,the hardcore power hour, the place went NUTS great times indeed.

Hey Dog..

Yeah, they were great times.. Only thing is Gonzo spun at 2am.. it was the 2am Powerhour. Corbett used to DJ Before him.

-N

Tunnel was popular in like 98-99, but that was when it was a fucken RAVE CAVE, lol bunch of wannabe club kids...

THE REAL TUNNEL, was when JUnior spun, lol

White leather couches EVERYWHERE, TOTALLY Diff inside,

DAnce floor was twice the size...there was NO BAR , where the main bar was, where the couches were next to the Bar used to be the Silver Bedroom, and next to that room, was the giant MUshroom Room, that had this huge ass mushroom in it, and people just chilled in it, lol

and the cold room> Was the original lighting Booth

THATS HOW OLD I AM < Hahhahaha

oly<

Guest distort909

Gonzo stopped the power hour like 94............

needless to say I <3 GONZO.............. :) I Still Work with him :)

I wish I cen get a hold of a time machine and go to NYC 10 years ago.

Tunnel was the bast party I have ever been to. Limelight and Twilo were the shit too. Nothing comes close to it to this day.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MUSIC???

WHAT HAPPANED TO THE TALENT???

DOWN WITH CLEAR CHANNEL, THEY ARE DESTROYING EVERYTHING!!!

damn ya, i never had a chance to experience tunnel, twilo and the old limelight. sucks to be young, most of my friends tell me how much fun they had back in the days at those spots. i was at tunnel once, but i couldnt get in. i wasnt even 18 yet. my earliest memories are of EXIT. that's where my club life began. haha damn i wish i had a chance to experience the old days like ya! haha

Guest distort909
Originally posted by ianjohn

I wish I cen get a hold of a time machine and go to NYC 10 years ago.

Tunnel was the bast party I have ever been to. Limelight and Twilo were the shit too. Nothing comes close to it to this day.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MUSIC???

WHAT HAPPANED TO THE TALENT???

DOWN WITH CLEAR CHANNEL, THEY ARE DESTROYING EVERYTHING!!!

The music & talent are stillaround you just have to find it.........

if you really look it isnt that hard ;)