Clubplanet Nightlife Community

F.E.D. uP---------->

Where did the TEN year sentence determination come from?? How come we didn't even know it was happening?? Why was it reported AFTER the fact???? THIS is our news.....this country is sooo FULL of SHIT, sometimes, I swear......u know how many times I was in the driver's seat in Brooklyn, and my friends were up to no good without me knowing exactly what was going on....ALOT.

Why are BUshes crackhead neices running out there free....?? Who are they getting thier candy from....the Florida corner Bodega??

this is INSANE.....

» More From The Staten Island Advance

Top News

'Club King' sentenced to 10 years

Chris Paciello gets lighter decision for cooperating with federal prosecutors

Saturday, March 27, 2004

By HEIDI J. SHRAGER

%%sourceline%% STATEN ISLAND ADVANCE

The getaway driver in the 11-year-old murder of a Richmond Valley homemaker -- who reinvented himself as a successful Miami nightclub owner before becoming a government informant against dozens of high-ranking mobsters -- was sentenced yesterday to 10 years in prison.

Try Our Classifieds

In 2000, Chris Paciello, the one-time Miami "Club King" formerly of New Springville, pleaded guilty to racketeering and faced a maximum term of 33 years and seven months.

He also admitted his role in the murder of Judith Shemtov, who was shot when Paciello and three friends tried to rob her home on a tip that her husband had stashed $200,000 there. The gunman, Thomas Reynolds, maintains he accidentally pulled the trigger.

In Brooklyn federal court yesterday, Assistant U.S. Attorney Greg Andres spoke favorably of Paciello's conduct since that night.

The night before his trial was set to begin, Paciello agreed to cooperate with federal prosecutors, Andres said, leading to a domino effect of mob convictions. That was true particularly regarding the Bonnano crime family, and ultimately helped bring the government's fight against organized crime to a "critical phase."

Paciello, whose real name is Christian Ludwigsen, helped the feds convict Colombo family boss Alphonse (Allie Boy) Persico, among others.

But Jim Walden, the federal prosecutor who brought the original charges against Paciello, leaned a bit harder on the defendant. He cited Paciello's refusal to cooperate until the very day before his trial, a delay that jeopardized the plea deals of two other defendants.

"Mr. Ludwigsen is smart," he told the judge, referring to the defendant's choice to leave Staten Island and then create a thriving nightlife scene in Miami that drew a stream of celebrities and models in the 1990s. "He maintained part of his criminal lifestyle and caused some real harm to people in that community."

Paciello's attorney, citing his client's businessman-makeover as proof of his "wonderful, extraordinary, wonderful potential," said the defendant employed close to 400 people.

The attorney, Benjamin Brafman, who is also representing Michael Jackson, told the judge that in cooperating so fully, Paciello had made an extraordinary sacrifice, that of his and his family's safety.

Dressed in a stylish pin-striped suit, Paciello said, "I would never ask for forgiveness, just the understanding that this tragedy wasn't meant to happen. I accept full responsibility for the death of Mrs. Shemtov. If there was a way that I could change places with [the victim], I would."

No one from Mrs. Shemtov's family was present in the courtroom.

Despite the defendant's contrition, U.S. District Judge Edward R. Korman handed Paciello a sentence that visibly shocked him and his family.

Upon hearing the words "10 years," Paciello whispered a disbelieving "What?" to Brafman. His younger brother objected loudly and broke down in tears, and his mother cried, her legs shaking uncontrollably. Neither would comment afterward.

Storming out of the courtroom in disgust was Paciello's friend and nightclub business partner, Ingrid Casares, daughter of a wealthy Cuban family and known for her close relationship with Madonna.

"Chris and his family and his lawyers are very disappointed in the sentence," said Brafman. Alluding to Paciello's government contribution, he added, "I understand the difficult issues the court had to wrestle with, in particular, Chris's notoriety and the horrific nature of the crime. But he deserved more credit for what he did."

Prosecutors alleged that 32-year-old Paciello pulled bank robberies and other crimes for the Bonnano crime family as a member of the "Bath Avenue Crew." In 1992, he took part in an armed robbery of a Staten Island bank that netted $300,000.

His 10-year sentence includes the nearly four years he has already spent in custody. Under federal law, he must serve at least eight and a half years of the sentence, meaning he must spend the next four and a half years behind bars at a minimum. Paciello also was ordered to pay $400,000 in fines and restitution.

Heidi J. Shrager is a news reporter for the Advance. She may be reached at shrager@siadvance.com.

the guy is/was a scumbag... if it weren't for him judith shemtov would still be alive.. he is the one who set the whole thing up.. it was his neighborhood and his neighbors.. yeah it was an accident... but still... they were going to rob judith's husband.. he's not exactly innocent.. if he's sentenced for ten he'll do 7.. not a bad deal if you ask me.. anyone else without such a good lawyer you'd be fucked..

Originally posted by muzikchick

stupid kids from my neighborhood did stupid things like that all the time.

one of my old neighborhood friends robbed Calvin Kleins house many years ago......SORRY CALVIN!!

I wasn't there....and they didnt know it was his....till it was too late.

Chris did not set that up...please, I knew the family, very well.....

if i wasn't working a 15 hour shift on a saturday/being bore dout of my mind i probably wouldn't be responding to this but here goes..

:idea: bragging about your friends robbing calvin klein isn't a very smart idea on a message board that is definitely monitored by law enforcement.. perhaps... the feds :idea:

second of all.. i read that he set it up.. just because you know someone's aunt or cousin doesn't mean you really know the deal..

third of all you're saying that kids form your neighborhood used to accidentally kill people during robberies??? i guess that's cool

forth i guess if they didn't know it was clavins... ahh fuck this shit this is dumb

peace

You believe everything they write in the papers.....

not long ago...there was an article they featured with me in it, reporting on the war and the NATO efforts in Kosovo.......

guess what.........they messed with the article....alot of what was reported was changed and misquoted....like the granade part!

not long ago...there was an article they featured with me in it, reporting on the war and the NATO efforts in Kosovo.......

guess what.........they messed with the article....alot of what was reported was changed and misquoted....like the granade part!

ok.. i read it in a book... clubland... noone here actually knows for sure... that is for certain.. i am done with this thread.. if you have any comments keep it to pm's

Last edited by muzikchick on 03-27-2004 at 08:03 PM :laugh:

and muzixretard the country ISSS full of shit but you are too. i dont know where rainbowland is but here in ny if ya get convicted ya probably did it.. why do you always seem to avidly think the guilty are innocent and why must you always add in that your "close friends" :laugh: :laugh:

oldtimerrrr i went to o state friday night OMG the worst man i hate it went to get my transcript and i had a hold ewwww ill never go back

Well not to jump in here but he was NO angel. It says he was involved with an armed robbery. He was also part of a know crew "The Bath House Boys"

It makes me happy cause he turned on his "friends" and put alot of them away to save his own ass. It turns out he gets 10 years.

What goes around comes around. Now for the rest of his life he has to look over his shoulder. Do you think it was worth it?

Ten years for driving a car, and having stupid friends.....

................been there.

do u know how much he has done fro ny, the original SF Days? and all...........PLEASE. Stupid dumb fucken kids take to many drugs, and Dont care, They should be DEAD, Esp if they WERE THAT DUMB, Sorry

we lvie in a shitty world, if u let drugs take u away and abuse it, THen u will face the dark side of it...

it was there Decision...

u make your bed, u fucken lay in it

Crack heads

what the hell were u doing discussing kosovo????

Seriously, "Miss FED UP", you have to be kidding me.

He was a part of the whole deal. I don't know MUCH about this whole murder/robbery, but from what I read above, the guy deserves MORE than just 10 measly years. It clearly says, "Paciello and three friends tried to rob her home on a tip that her husband had stashed $200,000 there". Whether he set it up or not, he was a PART of it. Maybe he didn't kill the woman, but his GREEDY ASS thought this would be a simple robbery, him and his boys get away and then, they split the $200k.

If you can't see how he deserves this, than honestly, you need to learn to separate your emotions because of "knowing the family". He could tell you "he only drove the car" but it doesn't mean he's telling the truth -- you're naive if you think so.

Besides, he robbed that bank in the 90's.....you honestly think he "just drove the car"? Give me a break. Anyone with morals and respect for their fellow human beings wouldn't steal from their neighbor nor DRIVE their friends so that they could commit armed robbery. That man was getting a piece of the action and in my opinion, that's enough to toss him in jail.

I can't believe you're so blind.....terrible.

Lock him up...case closed.

Miss Kitty...go scratch.

EVERY employee of his that I met in florida, had nothing but good things to say....nothing but good....there was no greed.

it was filthy scum sucking pigs that were jealous--cuz he had to wait on line to get in....I know alot.

like the narc I drove home--matt.

If that woman was a stay at home mother...russian mob, no doubt.

how much do u know NYC?

In other words....the news papers are full of shit.

and miami was a nun's convent before Chris got there....HELLO...and Columbia is known for sugar import...ok then.

"miami was a nuns convent before chris got there" Please That is probably one of the stupiest quotes of all time...Miami was banging long before that ass got down there.

P.S. read the book clubland and learn something

I agree. I've been involved with a 2yr federal case that was reported in the papers, and the media only reported one side of the issue. They Do NOT by any circumstances discuss the whole story. Anything to help them sell papers. where the journalists at to confirm?