Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How was stryke and Wendel last night at SONAR?

obby

Guest saleen351

stryke was good, I was only there for a few mins to sign some autographs, but greg was good.. Really looking forward to this nocturnal gig.. greg could turn this town upside down and out the resident jocks here who shouldn't be spining...

though, his house skills may not be up to par. we shall see.. I've never heard a full house set from him...

hey raymond, what do u think about that "no more sublimal shit" track...? dopeeeeeeeeeeee

Nice crowd, a few CP peeps showed. I was only there for a short part of Stryke's set (about an hour). Nice work but I agree that the Hollywood crowd might not have been ready. Nice seeing those that showed up.

Eric, Im gonna miss you! :(

I got there at around 1:30 and caught a good chunk of the set. I totally enjoyed Stryke's set. I was the guy with a ponytail and greenday shirt dancing my ass off in end.

Edit: Unwelcome constructive criticism removed.

Last nite was my first time at Sonar and also the first time I heard Stryke. It was definetly a good night. People at Sonar are very well dressed which added to the vibe. The layout of club is excellent, the red ceiling and the bar as well as those transparent spheres work very well.

The girl in the short jeans shorts and this guy were dancing up a storm. They put up a show of their own. If you guys read this, you get two thumbs up from me.

Like rcrespo said, the sound leaves things to be desired. Hopefully the owners will be able to address this issue.

Originally posted by chaflas

I dont think the Sonar crowd was ready for his style.

I felt the same way when I spun at MIA

I am sure Greg threw it down as usual.

How about Wendel? I am sure his opening sounds went well with Gregs set?

The week prior Wendel threw down proper, with a "subliminal style house" sound I haven't heard him spin before, that worked real well there, he picked right up where I left off. Very impressed. I'm sure his tech opener for Greg was on point as well.. Unfortunately I was a little (actually a lot) under the weather this past weekend to make it out..