Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is anyone else just TIRED of WORKING...

georgym

the daily 9-5 grind is really getting to me. I just feel that im getting old, every day a few wrinkles are added. After work, im so tired, i just come home and PLOP on the couch.

Work offers me no inspiration. no freedom of thought. just rote mundane processes that repeat themselves day after day after day after.....

And i don't want to hear "that's how it is" nonsense...

:blah: !!!!!!

I did watch Office Space again last night, so maybe im biased, but STILL, work sucks, and i'd do anything to go back to school :cry: :cry:

I would like to know how many people actually like what they're doing :confused:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by gmccookny

the daily 9-5 grind is really getting to me. I just feel that im getting old, every day a few wrinkles are added. After work, im so tired, i just come home and PLOP on the couch.

Work offers me no inspiration. no freedom of thought. just rote mundane processes that repeat themselves day after day after day after.....:

This is 100% how I feel... Its like, where do we go from here, is this it? Do I just come home, sleep, and go back the next day? Do 4 weeks vaca even suffice for a year of working? When does this shit get fun, has it passed and I was too high to see it?

With the job market the way it is, you can't even try out a new profession to maybe spark some intrest back into working.. The price of living is going up and pay is being cut.. I feel like I had more money when I was 20 and working 30hrs a week. Now I have OT and feel like i'm living check to check...

Originally posted by xlr8ted

This is 100% how I feel... Its like, where do we go from here, is this it? Do I just come home, sleep, and go back the next day? Do 4 weeks vaca even suffice for a year of working? When does this shit get fun, has it passed and I was too high to see it?

With the job market the way it is, you can't even try out a new profession to maybe spark some intrest back into working.. The price of living is going up and pay is being cut.. I feel like I had more money when I was 20 and working 30hrs a week. Now I have OT and feel like i'm living check to check...

ahhhhhhhhhhhmen..i so feel the same way as u do...actually all of u...its the same shit ever day...same fucking ppl...my life is so fuckin predictable...nothing ever changes...

Originally posted by i3itch

i hate work... i feel like taking whatever money i have and moving to a farm out in europe... everytime i get a fckin paycheck it goes to the bills and its just a repetitive cycle... oyyyy i hate work :mad:

That's JUST how i feel. I want to go in France somewhere, either the south or in the Loire Valley :D

Plus, the dollar is worth more in europe so,..... :idea:

I would love to be able to pick up and move to Europe, the southern coast of Spain... Theres a little beach town called Marbella, stayed there 2 summers ago for 2 weeks, filled w/ 20 somethings from England, Germany and Switzerland.... Nightlife was great, tons of bars, resturants and shops... Cost of living is dirt cheap, 2 bed aprt for about 400.00 euros a month...

Originally posted by xlr8ted

Thats just how i feel. When i worked at my University library like 25hrs/week, i could afford mad things. Now i literally live paycheck to paycheck.

Im gonna seriously consider going to get my masters then phD. Why? Because A) there is no usual 9-5 mon-fri pattern

B) you get to have sabbaticals and study in foreign lands

C) after many years, can make upwards of 6 figures

D) you get more freedom than other jobs, hang around young people and goof off all summer long!

And another thing, just the look on peoples faces every morning just gets to me. Everyone looks so sad or depressed. It's a terrible thing, this work :(

Originally posted by gmccookny

That's JUST how i feel. I want to go in France somewhere, either the south or in the Loire Valley :D

Plus, the dollar is worth more in europe so,..... :idea:

how 'bout we combine our savings and just buy a villa together? :idea:

LoL....Funny this is being brought up....

I was just thinking about how my life is a routine & I'm getting tired of my job....I've been here 2 years going on 3....Since I've started here my days have been totally predictable (at least when it comes to work) :blank:.....There has to be something better out there than this dead-end job.

Originally posted by smokesum

im actually gonna prolly go into teaching.. get my masters and PHD .. then finish off as a college professor..fuck the 9-5 and fuck corporate america

Wow, Glad to see we're on the same page about something....

Bitch ;)

To all:

I say fuck it! Work until you have enough savings, then try something new!

then, if it doesn't work out, go back to the rote, routine 9-5.

Im def. gonna go for my masters' in int'l politics, then hopefully get a phD in the same topic.

I can just tell this shit isn't for me. Let the wombats fight for the small piece of meat, while i go to the other part of town that has chicken cacciatore :laugh:

Originally posted by dgmodel

lol funny i thought i was the only one who felt like that...

and the sad part is, neither of us are even KIDDING...

not many people know what its like to actually feel like respiration is a chore of too much effort...

but i digress:

"Sunny days wouldn't be special, if it wasn't for rain

Joy wouldn't feel so good, if it wasn't for pain

Death gotta be easy, 'cause life is hard"

All men die, but not many live!

[/braveheart]

...ahhh the unfortunate state of being exhausted with life but not believing in suicide...it does make the days longer...thank goodness for chemical bliss...as well as other short term cures...:aright: