Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Global Underground CD Sets...

philippio

I like CD1 better but IMO, the whole set did not stand the test of time at all. You can easily place all those tracks in the trance / progressive fad of 1999. Another one that I forgot is GU015: Uruguay. Darren Emerson did a great job on that set picking many more obscure records and to this day, they continue to be less heard of.

But back to Sasha's Ibiza set, I gotta say, his SF set is much much better (especially CD1) IMO.

Originally posted by james954

006 digweed sydney disc 1 and 013 sasha ibiza disc 1.

hopefully GUHQ sends me the new sasha promo soon. i'm getting impatient waiting... ;)

YES! Diggers' Sydney set (especially CD1) is amazing!!! I still listen to it occasionally when I want to remember when he was still fresh.

I have the Athens GU on 3x12" but 'System Error' isn't on it :mad:

I wish they would have omitted Tilt's 'Seduction of Orpheus' (it's so easy to find) and included 'System Error' instead. But Dahlback & Krome's 'The Real Jazz' is on there and it's sick!

Originally posted by norahmiami

GU ATHENS AND LONDON ;)

Hmmmm??? U a Dtourist?? ;) Those are the two best GU Compilations in my opinion. CD 1 in Athens, is just Tech House at its best!!!

Cari Lekebusch - But you can't steal my music! :D

a very proud DTourist :cool: -there isnt anything like the Athens or the London compilations, if you look at the time they were released -basically all that music is still very fresh sounding TODAY...cant say the same thing about a lot of other house music djs's style or mixing.

DT was and still is way ahead of his time!

Originally posted by norahmiami

a very proud DTourist :cool: -there isnt anything like the Athens or the London compilations, if you look at the time they were released -basically all that music is still very fresh sounding TODAY...cant say the same thing about a lot of other house music djs's style or mixing.

DT was and still is way ahead of his time!

Yes I would have to agree with you on your whole statement. Those 4 CDs are still constantly in my CD Player at home and on the road. I post on dtourism as DJ RX. U heading to see Stryke this evening at Privilege?? Should be a fun evening.

Originally posted by mrmovement33

nick warren gu018 "amsterdam" 2cd

darren emerson gu020 "singapore" 2cd

digweed gu019 "los angeles" 2cd

my favorite 2 james lavelle gu023 "barcelona" & lee burridge nubreed005 (wicked)

Abe, I wasn't counting the nu-breeds, although you're right, Lee Burridge's is absolutely amazing but so is his 24:7.