Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Howard Stern complains of 'witch hunt.'

funketeer

Now this is some crazy shit!

Howard Stern Broadcast Costs Clear Channel Nearly $500,000

sq-stern-smile-at-mic-cbs.jpg

Broadcast of 'indecent' material leads company to pull the plug on show; Stern complains of 'witch hunt.'

The Federal Communications Commission lobbed another volley in its war against Howard Stern on Thursday, levying almost half a million dollars in forfeitures against Clear Channel Communications for broadcasting allegedly "indecent" material from

the full story

Originally posted by homersimpson

That is so messed up. Morning radio in Miami sucks ass without Howard Stern.

CD's are a GREAT solution!!

Unless you wanna hear Power90-sux stupid azz dj's talkin' about hollering at some dirty hoe, 103.5 dj's making fun of Power90-sux dj's, Y-100's Footy & have no clue (they can be ok but playing Who let the dogs out is NOT my cup of tea);

94.9 ZETA's rant (which is my preferred choice if I HAVE to listen to something else) OR spanish radio but not even I listen to that garbage. I'm not a mikimbin (whuteva tha fuck that means!).

So yeah....morning radio in Miami sucks big, nasty, hairy, cheesy balls!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

thats the problem...howard is only complaining instead of really getting people together and fighting!!!!!!!!!

If we let the opportunity pass to stand up and fight for freedom of speech, there's no telling what tomorrow will bring...this is really fucked up.

I was researching this for another board, likening what is happening now with the backlash of JJ's Superbowl Boob-Time Show to the 1950's when the censors freaked out and took away the right to air anything that had the remote possibliity of causing controversy.

Just a few examples of 50's censorship:

Webb Pierce's "There Stands the Glass" is banned from radio because the lyrics are thought to condone heavy drinking.

Radio stations ban Dottie O'Brien's "Four or Five Times" and Dean Martin's "Wham Bam, Thank You Ma'am" fearing they are suggestive.

CBS television network cancels Alan Freed's Rock 'n Roll Dance Party after a camera shows Frankie Lymon (leader of the doo wop group Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers) dancing with a white girl.

The Parks Department in San Antonio, Texas, removes all rock and roll records from jukeboxes located at city swimming pools, terming it "jumpy, hot stuff" that is unsuitable for teens.

It's only a matter of time before Ozzy and Sharon are sleeping in separate beds like Ozzie and Harriet!

:blank:

Originally posted by blondeboheme

I was researching this for another board, likening what is happening now with the backlash of JJ's Superbowl Boob-Time Show to the 1950's when the censors freaked out and took away the right to air anything that had the remote possibliity of causing controversy.

Webb Pierce's "There Stands the Glass" is banned from radio because the lyrics are thought to condone heavy drinking.

Radio stations ban Dottie O'Brien's "Four or Five Times" and Dean Martin's "Wham Bam, Thank You Ma'am" fearing they are suggestive.

CBS television network cancels Alan Freed's Rock 'n Roll Dance Party after a camera shows Frankie Lymon (leader of the doo wop group Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers) dancing with a white girl.

The Parks Department in San Antonio, Texas, removes all rock and roll records from jukeboxes located at city swimming pools, terming it "jumpy, hot stuff" that is unsuitable for teens.

It's only a matter of time before Ozzy and Sharon are sleeping in separate beds like Ozzie and Harriet!

so much for this being a free and progressive nation!!!!!!!!!!! seems like we have regressed back to the 50's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by blondeboheme

Then, if now is like the '50s, hopefully there will be another liberal renaissance like in the '60s coming 'round the pike :love: