Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Glutamine

Glutamine is supposed to support your immune system (since heavy lifting can suppress it), also I've read that it helps with cell volumization and possibly GH release. It needs to be taken in high doses though. I've heard all kinds of recommendations on how to dose it.

I take 15-25 grams at night on an empty stomch w/ ZMA right before bed.

Perhaps Nautica can offer some more insight.

Originally posted by ou812

Glutamine is supposed to support your immune system (since heavy lifting can suppress it), also I've read that it helps with cell volumization and possibly GH release. It needs to be taken in high doses though. I've heard all kinds of recommendations on how to dose it.

I take 15-25 grams at night on an empty stomch w/ ZMA right before bed.

Perhaps Nautica can offer some more insight.

goin to vitamin shoppe today..figured id pick it up...

recommend any other suppliments?? i never used any before

i take 5g with breakfest, 5g with my post workout pro, and 5 before i go to bed.

but there are also another 5 (forgot thier names) aminos that are just as important that people dont pay attention to.

you can get protein shakes with glut already in them so you wont have to worry about doasage and shit

Oh, by the way, try to get something with Glutamine Peptides as opposed to the regular free form L-Glutamine if possible. The former is more bioavailable, it's also more expensive and not as widely available I believe.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by smokesum

does it work???

as in does it make your muscles recover quicker

I've noticed that my body does recover faster from intense workouts when I use glutamine. The response from my clients has been very positive also, with 25 out of 28 clients telling me that they've also noticed a difference when supplementing with glutamine.

I take 10-15 grams per day, usually 5g in the morning, 5g before bedtime, and 5g post workout whenever I do weights. I usually get another 5-8g in the whey protein that I take daily.

Here are some links to give you more info on glutamine usage:

http://www.organicfood.co.uk/vms/l-glutamine.html

http://www.horleys.com/html/article_glutamine_body.html

Good luck with your usage. Oh, and Ou812 is right. Try to find glutamine peptides when possible.

• 2 weeks later...
i picked up some basic L-Glutamine powder (couldnt find anything with Glutamine Peptides)... its dosage recomendation is 750mg three times a day? that seems like absolutely nothing...

what kind of glutamine does everyone else use?

That dosage is pretty much "absolutely nothing". It's less that 3 grams for the whole day. You should be taking in about 20-25 grams a day to get any effect.