Clubplanet Nightlife Community

twilo and vinyl to close?

Originally posted by mattsta:

are they really likely to close? I was planning to come over for my birthday from london in december but if there is a chance they won't be around then I won't book the flights yet frown.gif

or maybe it is just scaremongering

I wouldn't mind seeing Twilo close. I went there once and hated it. It was too hot and way too crowded! And I don't like the way they run things. Why would I want to pay $25 or so to go and sit in a place where it is 100 drgrees and you can't move???? I would rather head to LimeLight!!!!

cwm22.gif

------------------

It takes a minute to like someone, an hour to get to know someone, a month to love someone, but it takes a life time to get over someone.

Kat7135672@aol.com

angel_blue.gif

I wasn't saying that they won't still be open. I was just saying that I wish they would close down Twilo, after all that had happened. That place makes it harder on other clubs, b/c now the cops are cracking down, so they are going to do the same with all clubs now! cwm25.gif

------------------

It takes a minute to like someone, an hour to get to know someone, a month to love someone, but it takes a life time to get over someone.

Kat7135672@aol.com

angel_blue.gif

OK, I gotta put my 2 cents in here. I have heard a few people say that twilo is giving clubbing a bad name. The reason Twilo gets so many people there doing drugs and other things is that it has the best sound system and DJs. You can take the club and burn it to the ground, and take the djs somewhere else, call it the assfuck club build a crazy sound system, and blammo, theres your new "trouble spot" for drugs. Do people really think that if you bring down the club that this stuff is gonna stop? Its not like twilo is like the old LL where shit was so flagrant and the house was in on it. They try to bust as many people as they can, and keep the place as straight as they can. Its NYC, and people here will go clubbing and do drugs, its part of the culture here for a lot of people, and good or bad, that aint gonna change if you shut down one club. What people need to do is be more smart and have fun without getting so wacked that they need to be dragged into back rooms. If people want to save the club scene, stop getting so obliterated that you get yourself in trouble..

B

------------------

"Fools cant see me thats how it is thats how I like it cause thats my biz"

Twilo is one of the strictest clubs there is...Sure you can waltz in there with anything you want, but inside, if you act suspicious in the least way, you'll be taken to a back room and COMPLETLEY searched. And how does it give other clubs a bad rep?? I said it before I'll say it again…close down Twilo, and NYC will go down the drain in the eyes of the dance world (or at least till another similar club comes along).

Tara, that still won't stop all the rampant drug use all over the US.

Twilo does everything to comply with the authorities. They even have an EMT outside just in case some asshole decides to OD. They've beefed up security and also undercover cops are in there as well. They go as far as invading someone's freakin privacy in order to maintain a safe environment.

Originally posted by Nolimit:

Tara, that still won't stop all the rampant drug use all over the US.

Twilo does everything to comply with the authorities. They even have an EMT outside just in case some asshole decides to OD. They've beefed up security and also undercover cops are in there as well. They go as far as invading someone's freakin privacy in order to maintain a safe environment.

I am not saying that it will stop all the drugs and everything. I have been to Twilo and saw people selling E at the bar right in front of the bouncers and they didn't do anything. I don't care if people do E or whatever else they want. If a person can handle it and knows their limit then hey, have a blast. I am just saying that after what happened with the bouncers trying to coverup, I don't think that they are looking out for "us", I think that they are only looking out for themselves and trying to make a buck! cwm1.gif

------------------

Kat7135672@aol.com

angel_blue.gif

Originally posted by tara19:

I think that they are only looking out for themselves and trying to make a buck!

as opposed to Limelight, a non-profit organization.

Actually though, after going to Gatecrasher last time I have to say Limelight is a better space than Twilo. Wish SandD spun their parties there (especially if they bring that laser show in too)

Originally posted by john58:

HAHA!! Twilo rules, live with it! It will still be here in December, so will we!

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Screw you guys, I'm going home......

Originally posted by Crackorn:

Originally posted by john58:

HAHA!! Twilo rules, live with it! It will still be here in December, so will we!

living with it and loving it. Twilo has the arctic blast too... maybe that makes up for the laser.

NOt to mention the best sound system in the world. People don't seem to pay too much attention to that.

As for bouncers trying to cover up what happened that night. The media blew it out of proportion. Don't believe EVERYTHING you read or see on the news.