Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junkie XL @ Nerve: ULTIMATE OMFG I DIE REVIEW BY BLING

Bling

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

165564Digitalphoenix_Bunny_Rabbit_in_the_moon_.JPG

there's bun!!!! gotta love those blonde dreads and ice blue eyes :drool: he's been in town with dave (confucius) and berkley for a while working on the ultra pay per view....

i'm supposed to meet bun for sushi tonight. i'm curious to hear his review of the evening.

glad y'all had fun :)

jon as always thank you for taking such great care of me and my friends. my date and i had a great time. she loved junkie xl. not to mention bunny from rabbit in the moon was in da house and she almost dies when she got a chance to talk to him.

jon cowan's set was wicked. jon, if those were some of the choons u picked up in germany while on tour (wicked)

sorry to say but i really was not feeling junkie's set. but i guess i'm so fuc*in picky now it's just my stupidnous "i guess" he was really proggy, which is alright. some tracks were great but others i just didn't like. but he has a lot if energy which was refreshing.

nice to see a lot of the cp crew in da house.

peace,

abe

let me first say, some of the tracks Junkie played were bangin'...especially towards the end... definitely gave many of us something to dance to.

but when i go to see a live show...i want it to be just that: a LIVE show. but that really was not much of a live set.... he put very little work into the performance.

before he started, i noticed he had an MS sitting up there. nice little vintage analog modeling synth ( the one sitting high on his left, black, big KORG in white letters on back). so i asked him, if it was an MS-10, or MS-20..... he replied "10". cool...so i thought he might do a couple interesting things with that.

but the guy really did nothing more than let the Powerbook sequence and mix through all the tracks (i think he was using Traktor...didn't get a good look, but i know it wasn't Ableton).

and he tweaked the same freakin' knob on the MS-10 to transition and build in between his songs allll niiigghhhhtt loooonnnng. remember that schwoooooOOOOOooooosssshhhhhh like 20+ times? :knife:

all in all, it was dance-able...and to most, that's all that matters. but when i go to see a "live show", i honestly expect more.

the vibe was great, however... people were having fun, and that's what i like to see. and i'm not surprised, as every event i've been to at Nerve has always held a great vibe.

/my $.02

peace.

Originally posted by djkable

let me first say, some of the tracks Junkie played were bangin'...especially towards the end... definitely gave many of us something to dance to.

but when i go to see a live show...i want it to be just that: a LIVE show. but that really was not much of a live set.... he put very little work into the performance.

before he started, i noticed he had an MS sitting up there. nice little vintage analog modeling synth ( the one sitting high on his left, black, big KORG in white letters on back). so i asked him, if it was an MS-10, or MS-20..... he replied "10". cool...so i thought he might do a couple interesting things with that.

but the guy really did nothing more than let the Powerbook sequence and mix through all the tracks (i think he was using Traktor...didn't get a good look, but i know it wasn't Ableton).

and he tweaked the same freakin' knob on the MS-10 to transition and build in between his songs allll niiigghhhhtt loooonnnng. remember that schwoooooOOOOOooooosssshhhhhh like 20+ times? :knife:

all in all, it was dance-able...and to most, that's all that matters. but when i go to see a "live show", i honestly expect more.

the vibe was great, however... people were having fun, and that's what i like to see. and i'm not surprised, as every event i've been to at Nerve has always held a great vibe.

/my $.02

peace.

Aaaamen!!

Too bad I didnt get to meet you Gavin. Next time dawg!!!

Until then...let the good times roll!

Love, peace, prosperity, happiness & GREAT TUNES!!!! :rock:

Ps: 10:50PM 04/17/04 ----- > Sander Kleinenberg anyone??

Heading out! C-ya!!!!!!

/my $.02

peace.

completely agree... great show.. he has great presence but I expected a bit more liveness to it as well.. did you see Infusion? Now that is a live proformance..... coming next week for sandra collins? lets be sure to meet over a drink

J

Originally posted by nervelounge

completely agree... great show.. he has great presence but I expected a bit more liveness to it as well.. did you see Infusion? Now that is a live proformance..... coming next week for sandra collins? lets be sure to meet over a drink

J

Infusion were the best performance at Ultra, hands down. talked to them after their show, and man were they the most down-to-earth people ever. unfortunately, i missed the show at Nerve... and they played another set somewhere else during Conference too, right?

won't be able to come down for Sandra.... alternate plans in central fl conflict next weekend. but i must say, i met her a few years back, and she was super-nice. very friendly girl... and she had the floor bangin' with some of that tougher, harder trance... i'd like to see what she's bringing to the sonic senses these days....

i'll definitely be back in Nerve soon though...wouldn't mind meeting up over a drink then....

Infusion were the best performance at Ultra, hands down. talked to them after their show, and man were they the most down-to-earth people ever. unfortunately, i missed the show at Nerve... and they played another set somewhere else during Conference too, right?

won't be able to come down for Sandra.... alternate plans in central fl conflict next weekend. but i must say, i met her a few years back, and she was super-nice. very friendly girl... and she had the floor bangin' with some of that tougher, harder trance... i'd like to see what she's bringing to the sonic senses these days....

i'll definitely be back in Nerve soon though...wouldn't mind meeting up over a drink then....

you can see nerve at infusion through our website.. www.nervelounge.com - too bad your away this week.. see you in two weeks for chris fortier....:D

Had a great time. Great to see some familiar faces again and meet some new ones. Junkie XL is awesome, but after seeing him twice now and listening to some of his sets I have to say he is very predictable. However, he is still a terrific performer.

prolly wont be goin to sandra collins next week prolly takin a week off but ill be back for halo, chris fortier and feelgood no doubt :)

great pics phoenix

waiting for harold and arturos pics now :) i think it was harold that took my pic with bunny and junkiexl omg i love that pic cant wait for it

Originally posted by chaflas

Ok Jon, I'll call you Christina.

But honestly, I think that's a litle weird. :laugh2:

now thats funny - LOL - I', glad all of you had fun... hey bling - no sandra collins? you need to come out for that.. she's right up your alley.. hope too see you all both friday for sandra and saturday for halo - have a good week people and thanks again

J:D

/my $.02

peace.

great review...pretty much summed it up...i gave Junkie a B- in performance...i expected him to do some trippy shit with all that equip., i guess not...still a great night...again thanks Jon for being the BEST host in Miami...no "shout outs" from Mrmatas this morning...waaaaaay too many people at Nerve for me to mention....:tongue:

Bunny's name is Steve, dude.

too bad I couldn't make it...had work to do

Thankfully I've seen Junkie XL rip his shit up live before. One can obviously see why he works with Sasha so much on tracks. They have very similar styles and taste.

lol....i dunno why you think that was well written... would've been nice to see you guys though... :spin:

well written in the sense that it was enjoyable reading. you held my attention by keeping it interesting....i felt like i was there. i wasn't necessarily speaking about your grammar :tongue:

it would have been nice to go, but we had long standing plans and it turned out to be a very enjoyable evening for us. there'll be other times. glad you had a good time though.

btw, i hope to see u for hybrid....i'll pm u details.

Originally posted by meng

40+ posts here already, Gavin, and I didn't notice you til now. How YOU doin? ready for MONK this Saturday night? :D

i'm doing good.... living alone again... trying to stay in the studio as much as possible to work on new tracks, etc....

man, my schedule is all back-ass-wards....unfortunately, i'll be up in Whorelando this weekend... which fuckin' bites the big one, cuz you know i'd be out supporting you and Monk...

i'm doing good.... living alone again... trying to stay in the studio as much as possible to work on new tracks, etc....

man, my schedule is all back-ass-wards....unfortunately, i'll be up in Whorelando this weekend... which fuckin' bites the big one, cuz you know i'd be out supporting you and Monk...

:werd:

well you got to see junkie xl at nerve on that bad-ass system :eek:

see you soon, dude.....got an extra ticket for the first game of the UM season?..;) (FSU) :D

let me know!!!