Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nandez/DJ Heather @ Lush: Review

philippio

Ummmmmm... Sander who?

Tonight proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you don't need fancy lights, irritating horns, whistles, a stupid terrace or the world's best sound system to throw a house night.

So all you Murks, Kleinenbergs, Lawlers, Howells, Tiestos, Armins, Corstens, PvD's and other lame ass dj's who spin regressive (oops, I mean progressive) house, trance and soulless tribal (and who would rather feel the fat paycheck in your wallet instead of the music) can do real house a favor and crawl back into the hairy twats that spewed you out!!!:mad:

Those of you were there to hear Nandez and Heather drop the soul, know EXACTLY what I'm talking about...

I haven't danced like that since Mazi at Luna.

Oh yeah... Space rocks! Keep up the good work! :rolleyes:

I told you sooooo......:laugh:

Look....I could go on and on with reviewing last night and how great it was to see an actual DJ.....well...."DJ", but I won't...those that were there in that little cubby hole of a club know whats up and realize just how special a talent Heather is.

This may seem a little off topic, but when Jordan won his first championship with the bulls, he cried and hugged that trophy on national television for what seemed like forever. He did this without regard to what other people might say or think. You could feel the love he had for the game...for his life's work. You don't see that too much anymore and the fans feel that and when the fans start to feel like they are more into the game than the players....thats when the games popularity starts decreasing and the meaning starts to be lost.

All I can say is in order for me to have a really good time seeing someone play...I have to feel like that person is into the music just as much as I am. I don't get that feeling from a lot of the regular people skating through south beach playing the bigger name clubs. Last night brought back all those old feelings about how music is suppose to make you feel....not shiny lights and mutli-million dollar sound systems and $10 dollar water-tinis....but MUSIC....not the latest "Saleen's Beats Of The Week" trendy recycled big room garbage that will be forgot in 2 months....but MUSIC. Last night was all about love...Heather rocked it to a packed club of about 50 people at the most (probably couldn't fit much more in there)...and the thing is..I know she would have played with the same passion if it were for 500 or 5000....or even 5 people because its the music that comes first and thats respect.

Great night of music indeed! Heather dished a great set of old school chicago house not heard too often down here. She had a number of us glued to the floor during the final hour. With a unique mixing style and tight selection, Heather definately has skillz, and my respect! :aright:

Originally posted by lyrik

Look....I could go on and on with reviewing last night and how great it was to see an actual DJ.....well...."DJ", but I won't...those that were there in that little cubby hole of a club know whats up and realize just how special a talent Heather is.

This may seem a little off topic, but when Jordan won his first championship with the bulls, he cried and hugged that trophy on national television for what seemed like forever. He did this without regard to what other people might say or think. You could feel the love he had for the game...for his life's work. You don't see that too much anymore and the fans feel that and when the fans start to feel like they are more into the game than the players....thats when the games popularity starts decreasing and the meaning starts to be lost.

All I can say is in order for me to have a really good time seeing someone play...I have to feel like that person is into the music just as much as I am. I don't get that feeling from a lot of the regular people skating through south beach playing the bigger name clubs. Last night brought back all those old feelings about how music is suppose to make you feel....not shiny lights and mutli-million dollar sound systems and $10 dollar water-tinis....but MUSIC....not the latest "Saleen's Beats Of The Week" trendy recycled big room garbage that will be forgot in 2 months....but MUSIC. Last night was all about love...Heather rocked it to a packed club of about 50 people at the most (probably couldn't fit much more in there)...and the thing is..I know she would have played with the same passion if it were for 500 or 5000....or even 5 people because its the music that comes first and thats respect.

Great review! :aright:

23_9_2.gif

mother-fuckin :werd:

Originally posted by philippio

What's this? Do I detect another trancehead on the threshold of conversion? :D

Actually Philippio, after comments like this and the ridiculous ones in your review it makes me very sad. Cant someone have a good time hanging out with friends, having a few drinks and listening to good music (no matter what the genre) without being labeled or having these types of comments made. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by CrzyC

Actually Philippio, after comments like this and the ridiculous ones in your review it makes me very sad. Cant someone have a good time hanging out with friends, having a few drinks and listening to good music (no matter what the genre) without being labeled or having these types of comments made. :rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: no! "I do what I want!"

Ouch.

10_1_116.gif

No doubt...thank God for people like you with open minds to try new things.

No doubt...thank God for people like you with open minds to try new things.

Lyrik your enthusiasm last night was so contagious. Glad you had a great time. I also enjoyed myself alot...the guy that was on first...Nandez?...is he local?

Lyrik your enthusiasm last night was so contagious. Glad you had a great time. I also enjoyed myself alot...the guy that was on first...Nandez?...is he local?

Ft. Lauderdale I believe... he played with Vaughan and Sheldon at Sonar a while ago...

Actually he is originally from around chicago...not to far from where I grew up...few towns over. He is the resident there at Lush every Saturday now and he is bringing a lot the House Djs that Miami doesn't see outside of Conference...this week it was Heather...last week it was the East Coast Boogiemen and Thomas Sahs.....can't wait to see who's next. I will definitely be visiting that little club a lot more. Nandez is really really good....and that was striaght up dirty chicago house in that room the whole night!

Thanks C...you could tell I was really feeling the music! I am glad you had fun...like I was telling people last night....that was a very light night for Heather as far as her track selection last night (and by no means is that aknock on her)... her selection was just perfect for that room...not too hammering and never too loungey or deep. I am glad some people finally got to see what I was talking about in respect to her flawless mixing techniques....I told Allan (XL)...that Heather is constantly on the mixer and he came up to me during the night and said "yep you were definitely right about her being ON THAT MIXER" ......all I have to say about her skills is SICK SICK SICK...thats being a DJ and making it your own!