Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vicious and JP?

Originally posted by danihawk

I thought I saw someone post on a thread about Black that Johnny Vicious is going to be at Black with JP. Maybe I was totally wrong, but I would definitely be interested if it were true. Does anyone know anything about this?

yes its this wknd at black:)

Originally posted by mojamis

Get a clue bro

Take your own advice. :laugh: Jp WAS good a few years ago. He's shit now, except to the clueless musically uneducated clubbers. Period. JP can't draw a crowd out of the tri-state area. Even when he plays in Miami or Vegas, it's the same retards from New York that go see him.

Vicious at the Tunnel was ACE. Now he's crap too.

Originally posted by ChiefSlapahoe

Take your own advice. :laugh: Jp WAS good a few years ago. He's shit now, except to the clueless musically uneducated clubbers. Period. JP can't draw a crowd out of the tri-state area. Even when he plays in Miami or Vegas, it's the same retards from New York that go see him.

What are you the chief of shit-talking? Leave your negative comments to yourself. They are both good djs, end of story.

Originally posted by ChiefSlapahoe

you are a moron! tell the 12,000 people on NYE at exit that JP sucks! from what i have heard that was the most amout of people in NYC club ever, but no he sucks so those 12,00 have no clue about music ...your the only one!!! your opinion is like an asshole!! IT STINKS! and JV sucks too? u must be a Tony Draper Fan!!

Originally posted by drevil46

you are a moron! tell the 12,000 people on NYE at exit that JP sucks! from what i have heard that was the most amout of people in NYC club ever, but no he sucks so those 12,00 have no clue about music ...your the only one!!! your opinion is like an asshole!! IT STINKS! and JV sucks too? u must be a Tony Draper Fan!!

Nope sorry, I'll take Digweed, Timo, Superchumbo, Garnier, Burridge, Mark Farina, Cox Louie Vega over that amateur JP any day. Yes, Peters' crowd is mostly clueless. It okay to like cheese, just admit that it's cheese. Peters is pots and pans. :finger:

The Backstreet boys had millions of fans all over the world. Does that mean that they were incredible musicians?

in response to the dumb backstreet boys comment---" no the fact that they sold hundreds of million copies of records makes them good musicians".......your opinion is YOUR OPIONION and i respect that, but what makes your opinion right?? because it is yours?? no not hardly! keep the negative shit to yourself! some of the Dj's the kid mentioned are also great dj's, but what makes them better then JP? their style? because somebody doesn't like tech does that make say Umek or Chris Leibing a bad dj? not hardly....Jp is obviously doing something right being he has been around this long and has produced and remixed many track that are still considered anthems and classics...just my 2 cents though!

Visicious - washed up? Probably

Jp washed up. Get a clue bro, call it what you will and for whatever reasons it may be, jp draws a crowd especially for events.

key word is special events.so if a dj is really good he must suck 3 weekends out of a month and be good for a special event.

lets face it the only reason people go to the special events is to see how long they can hang and how long jon will go.

p.s.jp sux

lets be realistic,it drew 12,000 for simple reasons,1.jp hadnt been djing for a while so people wanted to see if jp was the jp of 96-200,

2.it was a new venue so with any new venue it will draw crowds.

now heres a question for ya,if he is so great what happend to those 12,000 people,have they gone every weekend?nope.so right theres your answer.

Originally posted by muzikkrazze1

lets be realistic,it drew 12,000 for simple reasons,1.jp hadnt been djing for a while so people wanted to see if jp was the jp of 96-200,

2.it was a new venue so with any new venue it will draw crowds.

now heres a question for ya,if he is so great what happend to those 12,000 people,have they gone every weekend?nope.so right theres your answer.

1st--it was still exit--no new venue--no new system no new nothing! jp brought the crowd! 2nd---nye--so many different place to go, but why did 12,00 show up at exit---JP

and 3rd---were did the 12,000 go everyweek after well lets see NYC nightlife right about now isn't really happening since idiots can't go anywhere and not G-out non the less that a big portion of those 12,000 were prob college kids home for the weekend, and if for the 7 years he spent at SF why didn't everynite have the same amount of people as theme party nites---tough one...some people don't go out every fucking weekend!he still has his crowd that is at black week in and week out--the same that were at SF each week!

This never ends. It's very simple Jp has his following and it is large in new york - he doesn't have the exposure elsewhere to compare him to certain other dj's. To say he sucks or is washed up is ridiculous. To call him an amateur shows your ignorance. To further insult the people that like him and his music truly shows who the amatuer is here - YOU. As for the post above me - he still drew 12,000 people in a city like this one, who cares where they went- he did it for a night - who else can make that claim. Man it's weird with jp, either you love the guy or it seems people completely hate him. Finally is it possible he was real good for awhile but then got complacent at factory for awhile for whatever reason and was not as good but now is returning to form. I hear the music at black has been improving as time goes by- just a thought.

This never ends. It's very simple Jp has his following and it is large in new york - he doesn't have the exposure elsewhere to compare him to certain other dj's. To say he sucks or is washed up is ridiculous. To call him an amateur shows your ignorance. To further insult the people that like him and his music truly shows who the amatuer is here - YOU. As for the post above me - he still drew 12,000 people in a city like this one, who cares where they went- he did it for a night - who else can make that claim. Man it's weird with jp, either you love the guy or it seems people completely hate him. Finally is it possible he was real good for awhile but then got complacent at factory for awhile and was not as good but now is returning slowly to form. I hear the music at black has been improving as time goes by- just a thought .

thankyou, at least your not ignorrant like the rest of them-everyone is entitled to opinions...doesnt' mean we all have to agree with them, but the negative ones over and over are gettin old!

I’ve seen NY board members, Most of them are all little fucken wanna be geek freaks that think they know everything about the scene and music. JP washed up? Give it a rest. Classics party this past weekend was fucken mobbed. The energy was through the roof, His mixes insane.. Place was bannans. Why don’t you all shut the fuck up with this washed up jp nonsense go listen to your crap Paul okenfeild or what ever you fucken nerds listen to and stop trying to bash a dj/ scene that you will never fit in with that is still growing almost as a lifestyle of fierce fucken maniacs that would eat any of you alive.

whos gonna take advice from you with a dj list like yours and pics like yours. I bet if there was pictures of every jp fan in here it would look exactly like the pic in your sig and that is sad and funny. But at least other clubs arent completely packed with those type of clubbers so its all good for the rest of us. Also are there any jp fans over 26? and did any of you jp fans now a days here him in 1995,1996? totally different style. Him and his crowd love each other because of a CERTAIN SOMETHING.

Originally posted by notallthere444

I’ve seen NY board members, Most of them are all little fucken wanna be geek freaks that think they know everything about the scene and music. JP washed up? Give it a rest. Classics party this past weekend was fucken mobbed. The energy was through the roof, His mixes insane.. Place was bannans. Why don’t you all shut the fuck up with this washed up jp nonsense go listen to your crap Paul okenfeild or what ever you fucken nerds listen to and stop trying to bash a dj/ scene that you will never fit in with that is still growing almost as a lifestyle of fierce fucken maniacs that would eat any of you alive.

I was in that scene. It's full of the worst of the worst degenerates in New York club life. It's pathetic. That's why I got out. It's not a musically oriented crowd, it's a drug oriented crowd. If you can't see that you're blind, stupid, or both. I'm actually more disappointed in Vicious than I am with JP. He's a total sell out.

Originally posted by notallthere444

I was in that scene. It's full of the worst of the worst degenerates in New York club life. It's pathetic. That's why I got out. It's not a musically oriented crowd, it's a drug oriented crowd. If you can't see that you're blind, stupid, or both. I'm actually more disappointed in Vicious than I am with JP. He's a total sell out.

Personally it seems like your the total sellout, you wrote on an earlier post that Vish was "ace" at Tunnel, yet you dont even give him the respect he deserves today regardless of your opinion on him. People like you that constantly talk shit about others are the "sellouts."

Thats the root of alot of the hate if you ask me. Some just don't fit in and want to so out comes the hate- that's not everyone - just some and thats not a reference to anyone in this thread either. Incidentally I am over 30 and a jp fan from back in the day. Some like house, trance, tech, etc. if you want to call jp pots and pans fine but guess what - it's a style and it has its fans just like the other types do. Give it a rest already and stop the hating.