Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Milk

rackham

Originally posted by kaydup

:laugh:

I know it just went on for ever, and never had an answer

Bullshit. I gave you an answer. I even provided studies to support it. Elites was very adamant that I was wrong, but couldn't provide any information to substantiate his claim.

What you mean to say is, Elites never gave you an answer. That's not my problem.

Originally posted by rackham

Bullshit. I gave you an answer. I even provided studies to support it. Elites was very adamant that I was wrong, but couldn't provide any information to substantiate his claim.

What you mean to say is, Elites never gave you an answer. That's not my problem.

my man do got a point...

I still defer to Arnie's answer..................

Milk is for babies. When you grow up you drink beer.

Besides, when you get older and start having health problems, whats the first thing they tell you to cut out..................dairy.

Originally posted by fkornre

i guess he is refering to dr's...

That's what I figured. I tend to take physicians' nutrition advice with a grain of salt, though. Most doctors still advise a diet of 70% carbs, 20% protein and 10% fat. It's weird. In some areas the medical community embraces new studies and knowledge wholeheartedly, while in other areas change is very very slow.

I would like to see some references as to WHY the elderly shouldn't drink milk -- if anything, I would think that the protein and calcium in dairy would be very beneficial to them.

BTW, Arnold doesn't want to be associated with that quote anymore. He claims it was just part of the movie. See here.

Also, he's not exactly known for having the most scientifically sound bodybuilding advice. He got away with a lot because he was taking steroids, and our knowledge has advanced a lot since then. Just compare him to Dorian and you can see how far we've come...

Originally posted by rackham

That's what I figured. I tend to take physicians' nutrition advice with a grain of salt, though. Most doctors still advise a diet of 70% carbs, 20% protein and 10% fat. It's weird. In some areas the medical community embraces new studies and knowledge wholeheartedly, while in other areas change is very very slow.

I would like to see some references as to WHY the elderly shouldn't drink milk -- if anything, I would think that the protein and calcium in dairy would be very beneficial to them.

BTW, Arnold doesn't want to be associated with that quote anymore. He claims it was just part of the movie. See here.

Also, he's not exactly known for having the most scientifically sound bodybuilding advice. He got away with a lot because he was taking steroids, and our knowledge has advanced a lot since then. Just compare him to Dorian and you can see how far we've come...

As much of a fan of Dorians that I am, I would take Arnold's physique in his prime anyday of the week and twice on Sunday when compared to Dorian.

Originally posted by ou812

As much of a fan of Dorians that I am, I would take Arnold's physique in his prime anyday of the week and twice on Sunday when compared to Dorian.

Absolutely! But I'm not comparing aesthetics, just the ability to get that huge. Arnold was obsessed with size. He would have gotten as big as Dorian if he'd known how. But a lot of his training techniques actually held him back. Training for 2-3 hours at a time, for instance.

Originally posted by smokesum

so you goin to med school???

do you have a science bbackground?? How was the MCAT?? SHould I take a Kaplan course?? Curious..thanks

Looks like I missed out on this thread.

To answer your question, Yes, I am applying now. As far as a science background. I recieved a BS in business in 91, but went back 2 years ago to take care of my science prereq's.

As far as kaplan. I would recommend it. Not for the science review, but b/c the MCAT will be so much different than another test you have taken and they will get you in the "mode" to take the test.

Nautica