Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Eli Manning to the Giants?

Well rumor has it that this deal is getting closer to happening...possible for a second round pick this year and either a second round pick next year/Ike Hilliard.

What's everyone's thoughts on this trade possibility? Looks like us Giant fans might have to get ready for a rebuilding process.

well after Barber restructured his contract... dont they have roughly 5 or 6M this year to play with?? I am not a cap analyst, who knows.. my guess would be that they would cut the Bachelor's (:laugh2: ) jesse palmer and again have Manning get adjusted before they released or traded Collins :confused:

I dont think anyone is a cap analyst:confused: that shit is too confusing.

But K collins def. is gonna want starting NEwyork QB type of money , and quite frankly deserves it still got 3 good yrs left just needs a good pocket around him(gallery)

Not sure the exact # capwise , but im sure they would no way wanna pay Collins big $ and a franchise 1st pick over all the big $ he is gonna get just to sit on bench for 3 yrs

he only has one year left on his contract (due to make $7M this year) ... sounds like a great setup for the giants. have Manning "apprentice" under him for a yeaer and than let him loose in the free agent market.

*shrugs* who knows... i hate the mannings. and Ike is the only guy i like on the giants (being a UF alum) :blank:

Originally posted by bxbomb

Originally posted by nycchic24

the Bachelor's (:laugh2: ) jesse palmer and again have

NYCCHIC,

speaking of The Bachelor himself MR Palmer. What do you or any of the CP sports girls think of him?

lol i laugh at how they promote as such a great qb at UF... he sucked. he shared time iwth Doug Johnson and i am surprised either one of them are in the NFL. last year, when both started (ddue to their respecting team's starting QB's out to injury) i said that it goes to show the lack of quality qb's there are in the NFL if these two clowns are starting! :rolleyes: I tell all my gf's that are hooked on the show, "too bad he;s probably gonna get cut.... :laugh: :laugh:" he wont be as desirable then, (but i am sure he will be picked up somewhere else)

NOte: i guessed the SPY on the show before they revealed her. She was a swimmer at UF...

lol i laugh at how they promote as such a great qb at UF... he sucked. he shared time iwth Doug Johnson and i am surprised either one of them are in the NFL. last year, when both started (ddue to their respecting team's starting QB's out to injury) i said that it goes to show the lack of quality qb's there are in the NFL if these two clowns are starting! :rolleyes: I tell all my gf's that are hooked on the show, "too bad he;s probably gonna get cut.... :laugh: :laugh:" he wont be as desirable then, (but i am sure he will be picked up somewhere else)

NOte: i guessed the SPY on the show before they revealed her. She was a swimmer at UF...

HAHAHAH good shit!!

YEh Palmer is terrible , he looked lost the few games he started last yr.

i am sure he will. i was just gonna say that i highly doubt they draft Gallery. the giants arent exactly known to get the high profile OL. dont they usually build the no name scrubs , they become decent but then they are too cheap to pay them and lose them in free agency???

yeh , they prob will go the Manning route , although this has been one of the craziest pre-draft weeks in years , so much mystery whats gonna happen.

As always a lot of smokescreens by GMs to make other teams blink, and throw in the wrench that is Al Davis and the Raiders into the mix...should be interesting on Sat.

I hope the Gmen stay put and pray Gallery falls to them Heis an immediate impact player ina position they need to fill and will be there for 10 yrs

Honestly, Eli needs to quit bitching. I understand that situation in San Diego is not what most QBs would want but c'mon. Your going to be the #1 Pick and most people would kill for that opportunity and money. I know I would. Someone with "real" balls would go out there and try and turn that team around. Shut the fuck up and just play! I hope he flops for being such a bitch! Peyton accepted the role in Indianapolis (what were they 3-13 his first year??) and look at their team now.

:confused: why would it be rebuilding when they already have an established qb??? This would just allow Manning more time to develop instead of being thrown to the wolves..

It would be rebuilding because obviously if we go get Manning we won't be able to better our offensive line which is our main problem so next year we would pretty much be out of contention again plus the draft picks we would probably have to give up to get him. Yeah it will be good for Manning to have a year under Collins but we might not be really good for another 3 years or so...I'm not saying that's a bad thing either, just the price you have to pay to get a "potential" franchise qb

Ok, let me see if I have this RUMOUR straight. This deals consits of the Giants getting the #1 pick by trading a second round pick and Hilliard. Does that mean the Giants get the #1 and keep their #4 pick?

i am sure he will. i was just gonna say that i highly doubt they draft Gallery. the giants arent exactly known to get the high profile OL. dont they usually build the no name scrubs , they become decent but then they are too cheap to pay them and lose them in free agency???

With the picks they have this year, 4 or 1, it would be utterly impossible to fuck up this pick. 3 great qb's, a good crop of receivers and gallery.

if they fuck this up, im giving up my title as superfan...lol

If they get Eli or Gallery, I'll be happy. If they are both gone by the time it comes around to them, I wouldn't mind them getting Ben Rothlisberger...Either way, this draft is lookin interesting this year..I can't wait..

Also, they gotta build up their linebackers...Washington just picked up Mike Barrow, who imo was a huge part of their def. last year...Giants better get crackin and pick up some players...Washington is getting stronger every week, Philly is always good and, even though I can't stand admitting it, Dallas kinda worries me...

Originally posted by pk1

Ok, let me see if I have this RUMOUR straight. This deals consits of the Giants getting the #1 pick by trading a second round pick and Hilliard. Does that mean the Giants get the #1 and keep their #4 pick?

No, they would trade their #4 pick and a 2nd or 3rd round pick for the first pick.

there is no need to rebuild if you go get Robert Gallery

My thoughts exactly. Collins can be one of the best passers in the league if someone would block for him once in a while.

And why trade three picks and a wide reciever (one less target for Manning) just to move up three spots?

yeh , they prob will go the Manning route , although this has been one of the craziest pre-draft weeks in years , so much mystery whats gonna happen.

As always a lot of smokescreens by GMs to make other teams blink, and throw in the wrench that is Al Davis and the Raiders into the mix...should be interesting on Sat.

I hope the Gmen stay put and pray Gallery falls to them Heis an immediate impact player ina position they need to fill and will be there for 10 yrs

That's another problem: Al Davis. Cleveland has been in talks to move up to #2 to get Gallery. I can't see the G-men moving up to #1 to get an OL.