Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How was black last night ?

i got there at 2, the place never filled up too much. i havent been there since the grand opening nite, but a hell of a lot less ppl. only the first floor was open, all stairs were closed off, except to get upstairs to the roof to smoke, and i guess vip was open upstairs cuz there were SOME ppl standing on the second floor balcony. but it was a good thing they blocked it off b/c obviously it kept the dance floor full cuz there was no where else to go.

i thought vicious played better music than jp. i was feelin the energy more in his tracks. maybe its just my tast in music, but i just liked his track selction more. a few vocals were thrown in here and there that didnt quite fit, but i guess he just wanted to get them in. like Silence didnt quite fit in to the the rest of the music that was played all nite, but i never complain if Silence is dropped.

i left at 8, really couldnt stay awake any longer. besides smoking before i left for the drive up to the city, i was sober all nite. i think i could stayed longer if i coulda kept some kinda buzz goin, but i didnt bring alot of money to drink with me

Originally posted by xtcgspot

i got there at 2, the place never filled up too much. i havent been there since the grand opening nite, but a hell of a lot less ppl. only the first floor was open, all stairs were closed off, except to get upstairs to the roof to smoke, and i guess vip was open upstairs cuz there were SOME ppl standing on the second floor balcony. but it was a good thing they blocked it off b/c obviously it kept the dance floor full cuz there was no where else to go.

i thought vicious played better music than jp. i was feelin the energy more in his tracks. maybe its just my tast in music, but i just liked his track selction more. a few vocals were thrown in here and there that didnt quite fit, but i guess he just wanted to get them in. like Silence didnt quite fit in to the the rest of the music that was played all nite, but i never complain if Silence is dropped.

i left at 8, really couldnt stay awake any longer. besides smoking before i left for the drive up to the city, i was sober all nite. i think i could stayed longer if i coulda kept some kinda buzz goin, but i didnt bring alot of money to drink with me

Sounds to me like it was just an OK night or a mediocre night at best? To me it's weird that they had the rest of the floors closed off? :confused: Maybe there were NOT enough people on the main floor even w/ the other floors being closed off? What was the crowd like? When is the next theme party at Black? May check it out.

Originally posted by klubbheadsor

Sounds to me like it was just an OK night or a mediocre night at best? To me it's weird that they had the rest of the floors closed off? :confused: Maybe there were NOT enough people on the main floor even w/ the other floors being closed off? What was the crowd like? When is the next theme party at Black? May check it out.

yea it was just OK to mediocre. i had fun..but it wasnt like lifelong memorable or anything.

they kept the upstairs blocked off b/c they wanted to keep the dance floor full. there couldnt have been more than a few hundred ppl there..idk..how many ppl do u think the dancfloor alone holds? maybe 5-600? the dance floor was full, but the bar area was pretty empty...usually u cant walk on the right side of that downstairs bar to even get to the bathrooms down that hallway. but that area sunday morning was almost completely empty. esp after 4 when u coulnt buy drinks anyway..so no one was ever at the bar. the stage was empty, they werent letting ppl up there, so thats another area of compete open space. and there definitely didnt seem to be many ppl in vip. all in all it was just a slow nite

i just read on a jersey board post that at 9:30 am JP moved the party to one of the upstairs rooms. i guess vip. and he played up there for the next 5 hrs or so and apparently absolutely tore it down!!! so i fuckin missed all the good shit cuz my tired, sober ass couldnt keep my eyes open past 8am. i gotta learn to get more sleep the day before im gonna be at black sunday morning. and smokin before goin prolly doesnt help either. i was a little to mellowed out

Originally posted by xtcgspot

yea it was just OK to mediocre. i had fun..but it wasnt like lifelong memorable or anything.

they kept the upstairs blocked off b/c they wanted to keep the dance floor full. there couldnt have been more than a few hundred ppl there..idk..how many ppl do u think the dancfloor alone holds? maybe 5-600? the dance floor was full, but the bar area was pretty empty...usually u cant walk on the right side of that downstairs bar to even get to the bathrooms down that hallway. but that area sunday morning was almost completely empty. esp after 4 when u coulnt buy drinks anyway..so no one was ever at the bar. the stage was empty, they werent letting ppl up there, so thats another area of compete open space. and there definitely didnt seem to be many ppl in vip. all in all it was just a slow nite

Just what I thought. Was the crowd the same or different? Many guys/girls? Black won't always be packed. :nono: There will be "off" nights too. So when will the next theme party at Black be? As for pacing yourself for this or any other afterhours party you have to get plenty of rest the day b4. If not you will be passing out all over the place!! :zzz:

crowd was decent--both played very well...and then the grafitti room----wow! JV spun the whole time up there----ripped alot of JP's tracks namely Goin Thru It---while JP was dancing around...left around 11:30---heard it went until 12:15 or so....

o wait!!! vicious spun? not jp? well this story just keeps gettin better. and worse at the same time considering i missed it all.

next time im def not doin shit the day before and im not goin with someone who's not up for stayin out late. i coulda pulled off a couple more hrs even though i was tired. and if i stayed and then moved it up to the other room where things were goin insane i would def got a second wind and stayed all day

yeah JV spun the whole time upstairs---i spent most of the time along side the booth watching JV go off the hook....wanted to stay till the end, but it was a long nite going from Spirit to Black..it was cool though because like somebody else said on another board both JV and Jp could have just said ok we are done before they moved upstairs being that there was only around 100-150 people left, but they kept the party going.....was a good nite

JV and JP I believe were switching off and playing at the same time. The smoke machine made it hard to see who was on.

JV ripping goin thru it while JP fucked w/ the effects... took the song to a new level... The best part of the night was upstairs for the end.

It wasn't the best night ever but music wise you def. missed out.....