Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Do You Remember Your First Time?"

philippio

the first time i remember hearing house i was in space for the first time thinking to myself "what the fuck kind of noise is this?? where's the hip-hop??"

then about 30 minutes later something my friend gave me changed the way i thought about that ;)..... many moons have passed

Originally posted by philippio

"The first time you heard house?

Where were you at, what were you doing?"

Jason Jinx - 'Your First Time' [Fluential]

:D:hat:

I can't even remember where I parked......

who is house.....isn't that the big fat black cadet from one of the police academy movies?

Guest saleen351

well, i heard house all my life, it's been around sine the 1980's, but the first club experience was Robbie Tronco the Train, 1996 Tempts ON THE BLVD!!!!!!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by blondboheme

near the beginning of my freshman year in college, so i guess that was in '98, went to see dj scribble (before he got big and did all that mtv shit) on halloween at warsaw. fucking amazing night.

i puked in the parking lot, but i didn't seem to mind.

:D :D :D

he was big before 1998...

He use to pack clubs in in nyc and nj... The good ole days of Scribbles and Anthony Acid at club Abyss.

Alright...I guess I'll cave....first time I heard house....on the radio..early WGCI/WBMX and B96 in Chicago...Scott Smokin Silz, Farley Jackmaster Funk, Julian Jumpin Perez, Bad Boy Bill, Fast Eddie...even Steve Silk Hurley...going as far back as like 85. I use to listen every once and a while back in the 80's never really knew what I was listening to back then...more so in the early to mid 90's. The first concrete experience where I physically went to a party and heard real house DJs...was in 93 at some national gaurd building in Humboldt Park (Chicago)...not a very nice area....it was DJ Sneak...I think the Doc was there and about 10 locals(because parties in Chicago always had lanywhere from 10 to 20 DJs)...mayeb Green Velvet if I remember right...I know it was a huge party with a line that stretched like 5 blocks in the middle of winter.

first time i heard house was a looooooooooong time ago it was always on the radio and they'd play it at little teen clubs etc. when we were in middle school...but the first time i went to a club was the Tunnel in NYC winter of my sophmore year in high school.......i've been a club head ever since :cool:

Parties in Columbus, OH, around 92 to 93. The 10 to 20 DJs, afterhours, wharehouse type parties in the shady parts of town. Some friends who knew I was into live music and stuff brought me along with them to a party and the rest is history. I'm sure I heard House here and there before, but never in a proper setting, on a proper sound system, with live DJs.

Originally posted by junkiexl

Parties in Columbus, OH, around 92 to 93. The 10 to 20 DJs, afterhours, wharehouse type parties in the shady parts of town. Some friends who knew I was into live music and stuff brought me along with them to a party and the rest is history. I'm sure I heard House here and there before, but never in a proper setting, on a proper sound system, with live DJs.

There was just something about that time being apart of that scene in CHicago and the midwest. It was definitely at its peak when we were going to (dare I say the word) raves. Parties in the most horrid of places...places where you actually feared for your safety, but we were young so it made it that much more exciting....underground....now being out of that era you can truly look back and actually say...yes that was underground. Its hard to try and paint a picture of what our scene came from to people that have only been in it for a few years. Its amazing how time flys and things progress from vacant lots, warehouses, ghetto roller rinks and trashed up westside ghetto clubs...anywhere you could think to have a party they would throw one...old churchs..old funeral homes...its silly to think the situations we put ourselves in when we were younger. Its good to know where you come from to know where you are going.

Originally posted by lyrik

There was just something about that time being apart of that scene in CHicago and the midwest. It was definitely at its peak when we were going to (dare I say the word) raves. Parties in the most horrid of places...places where you actually feared for your safety, but we were young so it made it that much more exciting....underground....now being out of that era you can truly look back and actually say...yes that was underground. Its hard to try and paint a picture of what our scene came from to people that have only been in it for a few years. Its amazing how time flys and things progress from vacant lots, warehouses, ghetto roller rinks and trashed up westside ghetto clubs...anywhere you could think to have a party they would throw one...old churchs..old funeral homes...its silly to think the situations we put ourselves in when we were younger. Its good to know where you come from to know where you are going.

I couldn't say it better. I hit parties (or should I say :worry: ... raves) in Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Detroit, Pittsburgh, unfortunatly, never made it to Chi-town, but your homeboys graced many a party in my parts @ Gymnasiums, Boy Scout camp grounds, County Fairgrounds. The most memorable was on a 1/2 mile stretch of freeway that went THROUGH a mountain in Pittsburgh. The road was closed for the party, and what a party it was, one of Dieselboy's originals I believe...Tunnelvision. THAT I will never forget!

i mean ive heard some house in the past, like the bucket heads the bomb n shit, but what really got me fully into house music

and gave me the juice to start spinnin was back in 1997 at carbon in nyc, the song.... kylie minogue. DID IT AGAIN........

SONG WAS STUCK IN MY HEAD FOR WEEKS, LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT...

1994...club in Orlando called The Abyss.... i think it was Moby's "Next is the E" that caught my ear first.... then it was on to many nights of debauchery at Firestone and The Edge...

best night ever:

Firestone show (around 95 i think) with Union Jack, Kimball Collins, and Cosmic Baby.... wow...never has anything compared to that night....