Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rick James is catching on and contagious

erickamikaze

Funny story about from last night. It comes to show how much the Chapelle Show has caught on and is everywhere now.

I was at a club last night shooting photography for a radio station here in Ohio. It was primarily a college party, but a packed club and fun, and not too ghetto fab.

But the on air personality was doing a live break with the mic in the crowd and he did his schtick and then went to the crowd and had some girls screaming in the background, and out of no where this guy breaks through the girls and on live air, as loud as he could yell, screams , "I'm Rick James Bitch!"

Of course the crowd went crazy but the Manager of the station looks at me and is horrified, just hope they don't get fined , but it was damn funny.

Guest saleen351

the show is dive bombing fast.. ova.. his bits are getting corny, only so much black comedy i can handle.

Originally posted by saleen351

the show is dive bombing fast.. ova.. his bits are getting corny, only so much black comedy i can handle.

This has been another edition of:

SALEEN KNOWS BETTER THAN EVERYBODY!

Saleen is like the little kid that has to be right about EVERYTHING...my dad is bigger than your dad....we have a better car...my house is better...I am better......

Just bustin on ya, but I know you have to see this in yourself.

Oh wait...can we rewind to when Saleen was screaming all over the message boards that House was OVA!

Like most shows it will have its peak and be ova...but it will be another season or 2 at least.

Guest saleen351

house is back, tribal is over, when i said it, all the jocks were still playing it, now you couldn't hear tribal in miami if you went looking for it.. i'm on top of the game..

btw, the ratings for his show back me up...

rich~james.JPG

Originally posted by saleen351

house is back, tribal is over, when i said it, all the jocks were still playing it, now you couldn't hear tribal in miami if you went looking for it.. i'm on top of the game..

btw, the ratings for his show back me up...

rich~james.JPG

Ratings? Unless they slipped in the last week (which wouldn't provide concrete or consistent evidence) they have been doing very well.

This is taken from a Reuters/Hollywood reporter story that was done 04/19/2004.

"By any measure, "Chappelle" is having an impressive year. As its second season winds down, the series is the highest-rated program in its Wednesday 10:30 p.m. slot on any network among men 18-34 -- the most elusive demographic for any network to reach. Averaging 3.1 million total viewers this season, "Chappelle" has sidestepped the ratings plateau that has cooled off such other hit cable series as FX's "The Shield" and MTV's "The Osbournes" by growing its audience 55% in its sophomore year.

Having "South Park" as a lead-in has helped, but "Chappelle" is hardly riding its coattails. "Chappelle" has posted stronger 18-49 ratings than "South Park" in 11 of the past 13 weeks. Network research indicates there is little duplication of viewers between the two shows and that "Chappelle" brings in new urban viewers while still retaining Comedy's core audience. Even "Daily Show" is getting a lift from "Chappelle," reaching record ratings in recent weeks.

By Andrew Wallenstein"

If it has slipped at all since then its only because the show has concluded the season.

Oh and yes house is back....but like I said back then...it wasn't going anywhere to begin with...the fads are cyclical...there where will always be something recycling through....i.e. electro-clash OUT...welcome ACID (again).

Originally posted by frisco24

Don't like his style but isn't what Oscar G plays considered tribal?

I guess... but to me what was being played in Miami a year or so ago etc isn't really tribal house....maybe its big room tribal. I actually think of it as more progressive house than tribal. Real tribal house comes from people like Tony Thomas, Joeski and Onionz...the tribal they play is the real tribal house sound IMO and came before the big room tribal. The tribal that OG played I never really considered to be real tribal house, but an amalgamation of progressive & hard house with tribal elements.

Originally posted by funketeer

Even vulcans are gettin' in on the action!

tas_anim_salute_vulcan.gif

"Nanu, nanu, bitch!!!"

Funk you're slipping...nanu nanu is from Mork and Mindy.

ahh but it is the same hand sign...so maybe they are distant cousins.....bitch.