Clubplanet Nightlife Community

KTU, whoa u just shocked me

now lets not jump to conclusions but i just heard 3 decent house songs in a row from the 6 oclock hour.... regardless if theyre semi-old or not...stupiddisco by junior jack, some song that was hot a few months ago and the new lee cabrera song (remake of photgraph by def leppard)...it was an hour mix by Johnny Budds (regardless of who it was) with Vic Latino (ughh i cant believe im giving him credit) ...a few others were decent too....i swear i thought i was gonna hear Pete Tong jump in and say "Friday night the Essential Selection on Radio 1"...now while this means nothing and they also played the typical KTU cheese, this is where NYs gotta start going with dance music....the UK's got Radio 1 and Pete Tong Friday nights starting at 6 and going til 9...Vic even promoted the Saturday night dance factory which u can say is a meger version of our Essential Mix...if they could get some less cheese on the radio this is what alot of us have been waiting for so lets see where this goes and let me applaude KTU for once

joecrack13...I agree with you 100 percent. NY NEEDS a house/trance/techno station. I keep telling my friend that we should start it. Long Island/Hamptons has a decent station.. 105.3. They're not that great but they are definitely better than KTU. I dont get it, being the biggest/best city in the world, it seriously has the worst radio stations.

joecrack13...I agree with you 100 percent. NY NEEDS a house/trance/techno station. I keep telling my friend that we should start it. Long Island/Hamptons has a decent station.. 105.3. They're not that great but they are definitely better than KTU. I dont get it, being the biggest/best city in the world, it seriously has the worst radio stations.

NYC needs SOMETHING like radio 1........that would be so sick...i would never change the station

now lets not jump to conclusions but i just heard 3 decent house songs in a row from the 6 oclock hour.... regardless if theyre semi-old or not...stupiddisco by junior jack, some song that was hot a few months ago and the new lee cabrera song (remake of photgraph by def leppard)...it was an hour mix by Johnny Budds (regardless of who it was) with Vic Latino (ughh i cant believe im giving him credit) ...a few others were decent too....i swear i thought i was gonna hear Pete Tong jump in and say "Friday night the Essential Selection on Radio 1"...now while this means nothing and they also played the typical KTU cheese, this is where NYs gotta start going with dance music....the UK's got Radio 1 and Pete Tong Friday nights starting at 6 and going til 9...Vic even promoted the Saturday night dance factory which u can say is a meger version of our Essential Mix...if they could get some less cheese on the radio this is what alot of us have been waiting for so lets see where this goes and let me applaude KTU for once

i feel your pain brother... i was driving on friday afternoon and johnny buds got on... he played some ill ass breakbeat remixes.. it kinda sounds like miami electro/big bassesy stuff.. im definitely listening to him from now on.. i think one of the song was a def leoppard remix too.. were you listening around 630-7?? i was getting pumped in my car.. i had to throw up a fistpump a few times...

ya...party 105.3 needs to put a branch in NYC so that everyone gets it...i dont understand, i go to school in fairfield, ct and i get 105.3 there but not in westchester...

nice man.....I graduated from Fairfield in '00. Whats new up at FU??

Is the beach still kickin... there was never a great club scene up there.. we used to take Metro north in the city and go clubbin then..

wish there was some kind of station that was all house and trance like they have in england. you would think that NYC would have something like that...what a shame :(

TRUE..... but at least you can find it on the internet commercial free....

there are lots of internet radio stations you can listen too.....

Im not that biggest fan of KTU and its often a cheese fest but as far as dance music stations go, its pretty much all we've got :dj:

also 98.7 kissfm on saturday nights feature deep house music with DJ Ruben Torro... the selection he plays is always on point.

Great night for radio, I look forward to this on Sat nites

so do I, but what I dont understand is why they have a DJ that spins house in the afternoon that pretty much trainwrecks every mix.... I would think that if you are a radio station DJ you are going to be on point with your mixes..... but not this kat.....

Hello People...Its called XM radio you all should go yourself a favor and get on board. 10 bucks a month gets ya going and it is like listening to your favorite cd 24/7 :rock: They even broadcast from WMC this year...