Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boyfriend's work ethic??

jenny999

Okay I want to know if i'm over reacting or what. My bf works for a major financial co., and on Friday he took off as a scheduled vacation day. This morning he gets ready for work, goes to his car and then he comes back inside saying he's deciding not to go in because of the pimple on his forehead.

Now I freak out saying "what kind of work ethic do you have, how are you ever going to be successful if you take off due to a pimple".

Am I overreacting? I work in the corporate world also and when you have a vacation day on a friday and then just call out on a monday that never looks good. I could understand calling out 'cause your sick, but to call out and hibernate indoors all day due to a pimple is a little weird in my book. Now i'm starting to wonder if this will affect his job, and so on. I mean i love him but i'm having doubts that maybe he'll never make it if he continues like this.

Any thoughts.

I'm thinking he just used that as an excuse, and there was another reason he didn't want to go to work.

If he isn't lying though (after all, he is a guy--lying comes natural to us), you're absolutely right; a man has to be a man.

If he gets like this for a pimple, what's gonna happen, when God forbid, he gets two? ;)

I'm thinking he just used that as an excuse, and there was another reason he didn't want to go to work.

If he isn't lying though (after all, he is a guy--lying comes natural to us), you're absolutely right; a man has to be a man.

If he gets like this for a pimple, what's gonna happen, when God forbid, he gets two? ;)

What would the other reason be??

The weird thing is he doesn't think there's anything wrong with this type of action. I know by law you could take ur sick days & vacation days anyway you like, but it has to have some type of negative effect on you as an employee especially when it comes to raises and promotions to higher positions. It just so happens that today wouldn't have been a busy day for him, but even if it was he still wouldn't have gone in - priorities??!!!

What would the other reason be??

The weird thing is he doesn't think there's anything wrong with this type of action. I know by law you could take ur sick days & vacation days anyway you like, but it has to have some type of negative effect on you as an employee especially when it comes to raises and promotions to higher positions. It just so happens that today wouldn't have been a busy day for him, but even if it was he still wouldn't have gone in - priorities??!!!

You're right; but unfortunately, not everyone thinks the same way.

As for the other reason, I'm not sure.

Maybe he's just lazy. :confused:

So did you bang him

WTF with this thread LOL

I know this is the sex board, but I just wanted to see if i was overreacting & this board gets more traffic than the others - am I using incorrect message board etiquette?!

tell him "no sex" until he goes to work

trazwhore that sounds like a great idea. it seems like men only pay attention to things when you bring up the no sex idea!!

If it makes any difference, the pimple, in question, is on the forehead.

trazwhore that sounds like a great idea. it seems like men only pay attention to things when you bring up the no sex idea!!

Sweety, you're way off...this "no sex" idea will just have gim going out and fucking some slut (that is of course, once his pimple goes away)

two things strike me as odd about this ...

1- a sick day for a pimple? are you sure he's not gay? either he's gay, or there was more to it than the pimple.

2- why do you care so much about his ranking and position in the company? i mean, unless you are married or have kids and are financially dependent on him, then you should let him make his own choices and mistakes.

First off staying home from work cuz of a pimple is the most ridiculious think I have ever heard.

Just a thought but, if he is staying home cuz of the way he looks there might be a chance there is some one at work he dosent want to see him like that, then you have bigger problems than his work ethic.

Second, you are right that is the worst work ethic I have ever heard. With an attidude like that he must not be too serious about this job and he is not going very far with that company.

Third, he might be the most vain person you know. I mean Jesus, miss work cuz of a pimple, what a pretty boy !!!

I bet thought there was some other reason he didnt want to go and just wasnt telling you.

Okay I want to know if i'm over reacting or what. My bf works for a major financial co., and on Friday he took off as a scheduled vacation day. This morning he gets ready for work, goes to his car and then he comes back inside saying he's deciding not to go in because of the pimple on his forehead.

Now I freak out saying "what kind of work ethic do you have, how are you ever going to be successful if you take off due to a pimple".

Am I overreacting? I work in the corporate world also and when you have a vacation day on a friday and then just call out on a monday that never looks good. I could understand calling out 'cause your sick, but to call out and hibernate indoors all day due to a pimple is a little weird in my book. Now i'm starting to wonder if this will affect his job, and so on. I mean i love him but i'm having doubts that maybe he'll never make it if he continues like this.

Any thoughts.

depending on what he does, or in what capacity he is employed in certain areas of the financial industry it doesnt really matter how many hours you put in... they measure you based on production... output not input... if you work five mins and accomplish the same as a person who works five hours who cares as long as youre making money for the company... but if hes not a trader or a broker, and is a regular salaried employee id then say that looks bad... never take off on fridays or mondays excessively...