Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Barry Bonds

Time for a discussion about arguably the best overall player ever.....

Lets put it this way, he's in a slump right now....that slump happens to include 7 swings and misses ALL SEASON

Not to mention he is on pace to top the number of intentional walks by JUNE that Alex Rodriguez, argueably the best overall player in the game today, has taken IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER .

Say what you want about the man and his steroid abuse, but there is no one ever more feared at the plate since the Babe. I wasnt around to see the babe play, but I feel privelidged to see Barry Bonds play.

Lets not also forget he was a 40-40 man up until 5 years ago...when he was 35

amazing

bonds is the best hitter i ever saw. no one has ever dominated and controlled a game the way he does. bonds could easily have another mvp award if it wasnt for terry pendleton's career season in 91 or 92 i think it was.

managers and players fear this guy. those that actually pitch to him and get out unscathed, are actually giddy afterwards.

I have never seen a quicker bat than Bonds.

He definately would qualify for the best all time player considering everything he has done in his career. He is now a power hitter but back in the days he swiped bases and had some other major accomplishments. Even though he is not my favorite player, I certainly do give props to his abilities. For the number of pitches he actually sees and that are hittable, I would say he is the greatest that ever lived.

"Damned if you do, damned if you don't" He's gonna make you pay one way or the other.

Barry Bonds is one of those guys who you hate if he's not on your team but love as soon as he's on you're team.

As stated above Babe Ruth is the greatest player ever.....

but Barry bonds is the complete package as well and his hand/eye coordination is not of this world. POwer and patience at the plate has made this guy a top 5 player of all time.

The intentional walk thing is skewed because he has had only 1 player in all his yrs with the Giants for protection(jeff kent) So there is no reason to pitch to the guy.

His defense has eroded to the point from gold glove to barely average , at this age i dont blame him for his speed diminishing. ANd that point is the whole amazing thing about htis guy HOW THE FAWK do you get that much better after age 35 ???...steroids or not he is a freak

all that being said check Arods stats in 10 years he is on pace for over 900 home runs

I grew up with Arod and I don't doubt it but for now Barry is just ridiculous. babe definately makes a case but also remember the game back in the days was totally different. That is why these debates are so hard.

I grew up with Arod and I don't doubt it but for now Barry is just ridiculous. babe definately makes a case but also remember the game back in the days was totally different. That is why these debates are so hard.

grew up w/ Arod?

grew up w/ Arod?

Yes I played against him when I was in 9th grade and he was a senior. He is a friend of the family because he used to play playground basketball with my father. He is quite the all around athlete. He played various sports in High School.

Time for a discussion about arguably the best overall player ever.....

Lets put it this way, he's in a slump right now....that slump happens to include 7 swings and misses ALL SEASON

Not to mention he is on pace to top the number of intentional walks by JUNE that Alex Rodriguez, argueably the best overall player in the game today, has taken IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER .

Say what you want about the man and his steroid abuse, but there is no one ever more feared at the plate since the Babe. I wasnt around to see the babe play, but I feel privelidged to see Barry Bonds play.

Lets not also forget he was a 40-40 man up until 5 years ago...when he was 35

amazing

i dunno if anyone mentioned it, but barry is on pace to walk 250 friggin times !! :woah: I mean, seriously...its insane. But you gotta feel for barry too, the mngmt didnt sign any good hitter to bat after him, so the managers are just gonna walk his ass all season long.