Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ladies, how would your......

FlipsSOE

parents react if you told them you were marrying a black guy such as myself?? what if when your mother asked for a reason for marrying this black man, you told her it was because of the big hose in his pants, unlike myself. how would she react then?? let's hear whose traditional and whose new school?? thank you.

That's the real Flip ;) (Fliptoniaaa)

When me and Flip started going out, my grandfather told my mom that she should forbid me to see him because he was black. Damn old cuban racist. He's just as dark as my husband is!!

I say this: You're the only one that can live you life for you, so do whatever the fuck you want.

i'm white and my mom wouldn't care if i dated another race, she, in fact, prefers hispanic guys. however my grandmother would disown me- i am 99% sure of that. one of my friends who is black got married a few years ago and her husband's grandfather still won't acknowledge their relationship. it's very sad, but people, especially old folks, are set in their ways and you can't change them. my hope is that it becomes less of an issue for future generations.

i'm white and my mom wouldn't care if i dated another race, she, in fact, prefers hispanic guys. however my grandmother would disown me- i am 99% sure of that. one of my friends who is black got married a few years ago and her husband's grandfather still won't acknowledge their relationship. it's very sad, but people, especially old folks, are set in their ways and you can't change them. my hope is that it becomes less of an issue for future generations.

I agree with both of you, and times have definately changed. The old are dying and their brainwashed ways are going with most of them.

But then again you have your square states... OK, so I change my above statement.... At least in my culture all that has changed.

Hmm I am not really sure how my parents would feel. I have dated a guy who was Jewish and my family was very open to him and loved him very much. However, that is religion.....not race.

I would sincerely hope that my family would be able to look past the color of someone's skin.......

My mother would be okay with it if it made me happy...my grandmother would kill me as would some other members of my family. I've dated black guys before and I had to keep it from certain members of my family. I personally don't care anymore what my family thinks about my bf, bc I'm the one that would be with him and if they truly cared about me they would respect my wishes and let me be happy....my grandmother doesnt like my bf's nationality...she would rather I be with someone of a different nationality but her response was "at least he's not black"...it's sad yes I know.

My family all is the same religion, married to pretty much the same nationalities, etc. My cousin and I are the only two that haven't conformed to the ways and wishes of the family, but yet we're the happiest

it still matters to alot of ignorant people. mixed marriages / relationships are very common now but still looked down upon by the fucking idiots. if u r in love, race, sex, age should not matter. let love rule! :love:

it wouldn't bother my parents and if it did, it would matter to me becuz i would love who i wanted not who they want me to love.