Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spirit Sucked big time last night

fresinha12 is probably a promoter for another club using a alias to make a party sound bad. But then again i could be wrong just could also be a mindless idiot in scene. One of the MANY who shouldnt be allowed into places. Wanna get laid go to websterhall. And brandie dont waste yur time anymore explaining yourself. He/she wishes they can haev hookups like you do. And im sure i will get some respond from this person but i wont be responding cause i dont need to nor do i care. Besides luz is already on this board so that can only mean shes finding someone annoying.

id go the mindless idiot route . . .

hahhaha thats in general what happens when i have to post over here too anymore :(

id go the mindless idiot route . . .

hahhaha thats in general what happens when i have to post over here too anymore :(

I think brandie and silver :vomit2: bull are one in the same person, a transgender ! it uses a different SN for each organ!.....as for the rest who argue that harnon is that best....well whatever tickles ur pickle!

" medyoker " - lmao

what exactly is the definition of a med yoker? is that a dr. that practices some sort of animal medicine? wtf. what a joke- please try to say it was a type- O!

i want to hear who this clown thinks are the cream of the crop djs-

will it be the typical local guys that ignorant guidoes worship like jp ect

OR

will it be DJ mags top 10, like oaky- who by the way discovered Hernan and thinks he's the cat's pajamas.

hernan is #22 on the list if you put any creedence into polls.

Heh... yeah, are we at all surprised that someone looking for a booty dance and (lemme guess!) hip hop (right?) thought that Cattaneo sucks? *sigh* and to think that someone out there is using all that oxygen that could go to the benefit of the rest of the species...

Everyone will have their favorate DJ and the ones that they hate.

If you don't even have a clue to who all the DJs are and their style that they play.

You shouldn't even bother going in to begin with.

Hernan has his own style I think is great.

It don't matter who's spinning, he or she will have fans, and haters.

You on the other hand, have no clue to what you're talking about.

How does Hernan interact with the crowd, how would you describe his style? Just curious, I've not seen him live yet. I'm sure his mixing was sharp... while track selection is of course a matter of taste. :pint:

I think brandie and silver :vomit2: bull are one in the same person, a transgender ! it uses a different SN for each organ!.....as for the rest who argue that harnon is that best....well whatever tickles ur pickle!

now look at how retarded that is, so stupid i dont even want to have to explain myself but i will just bc you're trying to get in the last word and make me get all heated and upset like omggggggg someone on cp that no one likes called me a he-she dear god!!! let me go kill myself now . . . i am from the original cnyc and plenty of people here know me . . . as well as silverbull . . . so you're hanging on for dear life right now with a mindless retarded argument bc you know that you can't continue this without acting more childish than you have been the whole time . . . you wanna do this, then do it right, don't act like a 12 yr old boy who has nothing better to do than throw insults bc he can't make an argument to save his life. it's ridiculous and boring. grow up.

" medyoker " - lmao

what exactly is the definition of a med yoker? is that a dr. that practices some sort of animal medicine? wtf. what a joke- please try to say it was a type- O!

i want to hear who this clown thinks are the cream of the crop djs-

will it be the typical local guys that ignorant guidoes worship like jp ect

OR

will it be DJ mags top 10, like oaky- who by the way discovered Hernan and thinks he's the cat's pajamas.

hernan is #22 on the list if you put any creedence into polls.

the 'ibiza djs' silly . . . bc we've all never been there before and therefore have absolutely no idea what we're talking about!

now look at how retarded that is, so stupid i dont even want to have to explain myself but i will just bc you're trying to get in the last word and make me get all heated and upset like omggggggg someone on cp that no one likes called me a he-she dear god!!! let me go kill myself now . . . i am from the original cnyc and plenty of people here know me . . . as well as silverbull . . . so you're hanging on for dear life right now with a mindless retarded argument bc you know that you can't continue this without acting more childish than you have been the whole time . . . you wanna do this, then do it right, don't act like a 12 yr old boy who has nothing better to do than throw insults bc he can't make an argument to save his life. it's ridiculous and boring. grow up.

wht a possy reply....r u by an chance from west vrigina??? looks like it! get out of ur little small world of CP and get some real world exposure...go to england, go to berlin bum heads.....all u got here in NYC is some crap up place like spirit...., It used to be good over here but the pot-heads like u keep getting all the big clubs closed over ere.....lemme tell u something....nightlife in the city is dead...it used to be something in the late 80s and early 90s...but back then ur existence was'nt even concieved! u were a liquid! so u wouldnt have a clue....

wht a possy reply....r u by an chance from west vrigina??? looks like it! get out of ur little small world of CP and get some real world exposure...go to england, go to berlin bum heads.....all u got here in NYC is some crap up place like spirit...., It used to be good over here but the pot-heads like u keep getting all the big clubs closed over ere.....lemme tell u something....nightlife in the city is dead...it used to be something in the late 80s and early 90s...but back then ur existence was'nt even concieved! u were a liquid! so u wouldnt have a clue....

not concieved in the 80s or 90s? yeah okee

and who said i said nyc nightlife is in a good state of affairs? once again you're lookin to argue and can't keep with the same argument, that is a COMPLETELY different subject and i'd 100% agree with you that shit is in deep trouble right now here . . . how do you know anything about me or where ive travelled or what i do or anything else before telling me that im in love with cp . . . and in case you didn't notice, like i mentioned in another post on this thread - i rarely post here anymore except when jackasses like you make stupid comments.

oooo potheads like me? yeah ok . . . lol what is WRONG with you ADD-boy . . . talk about jumpin from subject to subject . . . pothead! besides, i hardly think its people smoking pot thats getting clubs shut down, it's been my experience most places i've worked that thats one of the much smaller issues that clubs in nyc need to deal with. thats cute tho, pot as the big problem :)

once again, all you are showing my opening your mouth and posting is your complete ignorance. you have nothing to say except negative crap, and like i said, you're all about the mean little comments that are supposed to make me want to lash and and scream FUCK YOU and not post anymore. sorry buddy.

To answer the question of when Hernan will be back I talked to him after he finished his set and he said in July but he's not sure which club. As far as the question of what style he plays its generally progressive house. He tends to vary his style a lot though in the house realm..... I have a few of his cd's that are very dark and kinda chill. I also have one of his CD's thats more on the groovy side. That's how he played when I saw him at Centro-Fly...kinda on the groovey side. At Spirit he played more upbeat and a little bit more melodic but still on the progressive side of things. I preferred his Spirit set over his Centro-Fly set but I enjoyed both.....and yes his mixing was great. As far as his interaction with the crowd he doesnt go crazy like the Dutch guys tend to (Ferry Corsten, Tiesto, Armin) but he tends to just give this "in the zone" type stare to the crowd to show he's really feeling the music...which is kinda cool. He IS one of the best DJ's in the world.

wow- what complete and total ignorance displayed in this post.

"from somewhere in south america, more like argentina" lmao

what a small minded clown that obviously knows ZIPPO about music.

that "some guy" henan cattaneo is one of the best djs in the world and has put out huge compilations on Thrive records and more recently rennaissance.

his set was amazing by most acccounts and according to the crowd that was dancing all night.

i mean he's no tony draper- so i can see why somebody like you wouldn't appreciate his music, but why not try to make your criticisms a little bit more objective next time and not come off as such a ignorant fool.

sorry you didnt get laid last night- since this is what your rant is really about.

there were about 1000 there- it was hardly empty.

This post right here says it all to all of the haters. Its all about the music. If you wanna get laid take a walk on the West Side Highway and good luck!

Victor Soto

My review taken from another board

6:40 am, barely enough energy to type. however, i had such an amazing time last night and figured i'd share a short critique. i haven't been out in a while and it was great seeing so many familiar faces from the board. i arrived at spirit a little around 11'ish to catch Randalls set. i've never heard him open before as most of the set times i've seen him have been during peak hours. he warmed up the room nicely playing a variety of tracks which were perfect for the timeslot.

Hernan took over and played one of the best sets i've heard in at least a year. flawless mixing, programming, and track selection. The guy is absolutely brilliant on the decks. i've been such a diehard Digweed fan for so long and i always will be. however, i can finally say that there is a dj that i love just as much. those who missed it really need to take advantage of Hernans next visit to nyc.

Last night was my first time hitting up spirit. i wasn't quite sure what to expect as i have heard a lot of negative things about the club. personally, i couldn't find anything wrong with the place. it's beautiful, the sound system is tight, the vibe was awesome, and the staff is very friendly. i think my positive feelings towards the club are due to the fact that i went in there knowing it's not going to be twilo, and not expecting twilo.

All in all, i had an amazing night. great job by Greg, Urban, and everyone else who made the night possible.

ye, spirit fridays just cant live up to the hype, the music talent is there but its aparent the night is not gonna get any better. kinda sad too, feel bad for the djs. saturday however is where its at, hands down one of the best mega club experiences in nyc, even hangs with crobar which hasnt been makin too much noise lately

:hat:

To answer the question of when Hernan will be back I talked to him after he finished his set and he said in July but he's not sure which club. As far as the question of what style he plays its generally progressive house. He tends to vary his style a lot though in the house realm..... I have a few of his cd's that are very dark and kinda chill. I also have one of his CD's thats more on the groovy side. That's how he played when I saw him at Centro-Fly...kinda on the groovey side. At Spirit he played more upbeat and a little bit more melodic but still on the progressive side of things. I preferred his Spirit set over his Centro-Fly set but I enjoyed both.....and yes his mixing was great. As far as his interaction with the crowd he doesnt go crazy like the Dutch guys tend to (Ferry Corsten, Tiesto, Armin) but he tends to just give this "in the zone" type stare to the crowd to show he's really feeling the music...which is kinda cool. He IS one of the best DJ's in the world.

Thanks, great review and commentary.

I can't wait until Hernan announces the venues for his next US tour this July!

ye, spirit fridays just cant live up to the hype, the music talent is there but its aparent the night is not gonna get any better. kinda sad too, feel bad for the djs. saturday however is where its at, hands down one of the best mega club experiences in nyc, even hangs with crobar which hasnt been makin too much noise lately

:hat:

you forgot to write - and oh i just happen to run a list on saturdays so everybody make sure to use such an such list.