Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spirit Sucked big time last night

Usually when u go to a club @ 12:00am and you dont have to wait in line is generally not a good sign....well yesterday Spirit sucked big time....this is the last time i am ever going to that dill hole joint on a friday......

First of the place was fucking empty....i mean till 4 am the joint was empty. Then u had 14-16 yr old horny high school kids running around....I mean I couldnt get a decent booty dance with a honey without thinking if i could go to jail for 20-to life.......

then they had this mad ass big time suck DJ from somewhere in south america...more like argentina.....Ok, i am definetly for diversity....but please....when I have to pay to get in the club..at least make sure u got a decent DJ.....

Bottom line...all i saw were fags makin out on the main floor, kids cramped up on one those upper floors......my advice stay away from spirit on fridays.....dont believe the crap CP posts here.....

and all u spirit fans here on this message boards....go back to ur school prom....and yeah ask ur librarian out for a prom date....stupid 16 yr olds....

Wish I could've seen Hernan last night at Spirit, his Rennaissance compilation is one of my favorites.

Did he play "Behind the Music" or any other tracks from the double CD?

I'm def gonna see him next time around.

Hernan was great last night!. I didn't think it sucked at all. The crowd wasn't amazing but there was a lot of people into it from what i saw and it was nice that there was room to move. For the person who was putting Hernan down I think you should learn more about the music before you run your mouth....hes a great DJ. I liked his set when he was at Centro-Fly but his set last night at Spirit was even better.....now i can't wait for next week to see Satoshi Tomiie.

my people told me that hernan was awesome and that i can believe, as for your experience it all depends on what your reasons for goin out are.

nice to see you this morning bwahahahah :D

yes, the crowd left a lot to be desired @ spirit . . . but i thought the music was great! randall was really good, and hernan definitely rocked it out - everyone that was there pretty much was dancing, and there was a pretty good vibe - i danced almost the entire time we were there (till around 245 to go to abaya) and had a good time. now, i dont miss working there one little bit, and i had a good time last nite . . .

and like it was mentioned . . . if you wanna go to a place where there are all sorts of fake girls who want to have you buy them drinks all nite and then probably still wont leave with you, but you'll get your bump-n-grind - which hernans set was SO compatible with lol . . . then you might have gotten your address wrong, should have tried around the block, not spirit. i thought the crowd was amazingly respectful all nite as it usually is at a music-oriented event, otherwise i wouldn't have danced, because i DONT dance normally bc i dont want some guy tryin to get all touchy grabby whatever with me . . .

wow- what complete and total ignorance displayed in this post.

"from somewhere in south america, more like argentina" lmao

what a small minded clown that obviously knows ZIPPO about music.

that "some guy" henan cattaneo is one of the best djs in the world and has put out huge compilations on Thrive records and more recently rennaissance.

his set was amazing by most acccounts and according to the crowd that was dancing all night.

i mean he's no tony draper- so i can see why somebody like you wouldn't appreciate his music, but why not try to make your criticisms a little bit more objective next time and not come off as such a ignorant fool.

sorry you didnt get laid last night- since this is what your rant is really about.

there were about 1000 there- it was hardly empty.

there were about 1000 there- it was hardly empty.

definitely didnt do a thousand people . . . ive seen a thousand people in spirit before and that definitely wasnt it.

however, the rest of your comments are totally right ~ esp the draper one :D

yeaah, original poster stubbed his toe by being ignorant of hernan.

hernan is literally 1 of the worlds best djs at this point, arguably among the 10 best worldwide-- I LOVED his last centrofly set-- i wanted to go friday but I was still battery charging after roger sanchez thurs at cielo til 4:30 [btw anybody who missed roger s at cielo shld be kicking themselves now-- u wld not bel;ieve the great vibe of that night!!!]

but hopefully hernan will be back over the summer or at least by august bank holiday- errr labor day I mean.

also, I went to spirit last sdat for morales who phoned in a crap set and the crowd was crapness x 100. I cldnt bear to hit spirit again so soon after that mess but I cld hv guess hernan was worth it. he f*in rocks.

Peas-

well you werent there past 230 smarty pants.

and you didnt want to leave- but you didnt want to pay for drinks even more-

sucker.

and you didnt go hang in the hi[ppity hoppity room either- there was def. a late push.

im not bein rude, so step off with the not-nice comments, i had a good time, and i am friends with many of the people workin on the event there, so im hardly bashing . . . and what are you talking about paying for drinks? i was there @ 945 and drank for free the entire time till i left lol . . . and no i didnt go in the hiphop room, i dont like hiphop, and i was there with my friend who was playing, so i hung out with him . . . and i was actually going to correct myself that at the time i was there, there definitely werent 1000 people there, but now that you felt the need to be so rude its not even worth getting into . . . so whatever.

The 3 Times i've been there have gone from Great, to Bad, To Horrible!

It's sad that we have a venue who has SICK DJ Talent booked yet the crowd is horrendus....

Robbie Rivera (Who will be there tonight) is one of MY FAVORITE DJ's and also one of the nicest people I have met in this industry! But because of the horrible crowd, and rude door staff at Spirit there is no way in hell I will go near that place!

im not bein rude, so step off with the not-nice comments, i had a good time, and i am friends with many of the people workin on the event there, so im hardly bashing . . . and what are you talking about paying for drinks? i was there @ 945 and drank for free the entire time till i left lol . . . and no i didnt go in the hiphop room, i dont like hiphop, and i was there with my friend who was playing, so i hung out with him . . . and i was actually going to correct myself that at the time i was there, there definitely werent 1000 people there, but now that you felt the need to be so rude its not even worth getting into . . . so whatever.

u know me- all i do is joke around- so stop the insanity.

sheesh.

stop picking on your big bro

:makeout:

Hernan was great last night!. I didn't think it sucked at all. The crowd wasn't amazing but there was a lot of people into it from what i saw and it was nice that there was room to move. For the person who was putting Hernan down I think you should learn more about the music before you run your mouth....hes a great DJ. I liked his set when he was at Centro-Fly but his set last night at Spirit was even better.....now i can't wait for next week to see Satoshi Tomiie.

yeah right...since when did u become an expert on Djs??? how much does spirit pay u for posting this crap?? I have seen better, that cause I've been around a lot, and not just some punk as NYC joint, I mean i've been around the globe....I wonder y this medyoker DJ was invited of all the other choices.... U guys have no clue what great talent is out there..... :duel:

All this crap u guys post proves my point....ye all are in some way or the other paid by spirit to post your biased shit....Hernan the best DJ in the world yeah right...looks like u've never been to Ibiza...butt head...

All this crap u guys post proves my point....ye all are in some way or the other paid by spirit to post your biased shit....Hernan the best DJ in the world yeah right...looks like u've never been to Ibiza...butt head...

no one is paying me shit, and first of all i was there to support randall predominantly, certainly not getting paid to do hernan's pr

and WHERE did i say hernan in the best dj in the world . . . you are making retarded generalizations and no one is gonna agree with you.

'butthead' LMAO . . . thats terribly mature and a good way to prove why no one should listen to you :rolleyes:

ya im with everyone else on this one...hernan was sick, the vibe was sick...ya u had some after-prom kids in there, the fags were getting to me tho cause they were all up on u...i dont mind if your gay but keep it to yourself, lol. that was my first time there and i liked the place aside from what i just mentioned, but what are u gonna do...its NYC

no one is paying me shit, and first of all i was there to support randall predominantly, certainly not getting paid to do hernan's pr

and WHERE did i say hernan in the best dj in the world . . . you are making retarded generalizations and no one is gonna agree with you.

'butthead' LMAO . . . thats terribly mature and a good way to prove why no one should listen to you :rolleyes:

well getting free drinks is like gettin paid bitch!! what exactly do u mean by supporting randall, is he ur luver? or r u his baaiiittcch? so if u have any slightest grey matter in ur brain use it! and stop incriminating urself with your stupid responses......

bitch im not boxing u

im being hospitiable

i send u to the hospital

thats how i get it to u

let the doc op on u

he dont get rid of u

u back on the street

i fuckin tear ur clits up again

this is not a hypocritical issue

im gonna crticial condition ur tissue...

:gang:

well getting free drinks is like gettin paid bitch!! what exactly do u mean by supporting randall, is he ur luver? or r u his baaiiittcch? so if u have any slightest grey matter in ur brain use it! and stop incriminating urself with your stupid responses......

bitch im not boxing u

im being hospitiable

i send u to the hospital

thats how i get it to u

let the doc op on u

he dont get rid of u

u back on the street

I am sorry I don't understand proper english.

:half:

bitch im not boxing u

im being hospitiable

i send u to the hospital

thats how i get it to u

let the doc op on u

he dont get rid of u

u back on the street

you're not even worth arguing over . . . because you are incapable of having an intelligent debate. free drinks is NOT getting paid you asshole, and i get free drinks most places i go but certainly don't consider myself an employee of the venue. fact of the matter is, i used to work at spirit and i QUITTTTT because i didn't like it, so how bout them fuckin apples . . . i have zero reason to support the place if i didnt want to. so shut it.

and as for the randall comments, im not even getting into it lol . . . he's a friend of mine, and just like if your friends were djing im sure you'd go to hear them, i do the same.

*yawn* pointless. and you're just fighting w. me bc im the only one in this thread who even bothered to give you the time of day other than to tell you that you're flat out wrong . . . which you are . . . but this is growing old quickly.

fresinha12 is probably a promoter for another club using a alias to make a party sound bad. But then again i could be wrong just could also be a mindless idiot in scene. One of the MANY who shouldnt be allowed into places. Wanna get laid go to websterhall. And brandie dont waste yur time anymore explaining yourself. He/she wishes they can haev hookups like you do. And im sure i will get some respond from this person but i wont be responding cause i dont need to nor do i care. Besides luz is already on this board so that can only mean shes finding someone annoying.