Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stickers On Garbage Bags In Belmar

does anyone know anything about the validity of having to put stickers on garbage bags in Belmar to separate recycled garbage from regular? In the past, we've just been required to put it all in clear bags but our realtor is telling us we have to buy stickers, which are like $200, or we will get a ticket? anyone know the truth? thanks...

i am pretty sure your landlord is supposed to supply that sorta shit so i'd look into it, or call the realtor if you dealt with one. in fact, our landlord had to even supply the garbage bags for us when we rented in belmar.

Pretty sure it goes like this: garbage day is Tuesday so if you're not there on Tuesday to put your garbage on the curb (which most of us aren't) then you have to buy the stickers ($100, I believe) so you can leave it out Sunday....or something like that. We made an arrangement with the guy who lives behind us, who is a yearly rental, for him to put our garbage out on Tuesdays.

Belmar has found yet another way to rip us off :mad:

Pretty sure it goes like this: garbage day is Tuesday so if you're not there on Tuesday to put your garbage on the curb (which most of us aren't) then you have to buy the stickers ($100, I believe) so you can leave it out Sunday....or something like that. We made an arrangement with the guy who lives behind us, who is a yearly rental, for him to put our garbage out on Tuesdays.

Belmar has found yet another way to rip us off :mad:

does this depend on where you live because I've had a house for the past 3 years and they picked up the garbage on Mondays I thought. We never put any stickers on anything and never got a ticket. The past I've lived on 16th and 18th but this year I'm on 12th, does that matter?

thanks!

does this depend on where you live because I've had a house for the past 3 years and they picked up the garbage on Mondays I thought. We never put any stickers on anything and never got a ticket. The past I've lived on 16th and 18th but this year I'm on 12th, does that matter?

thanks!

South Belmar vs Belmar kid

i am pretty sure your landlord is supposed to supply that sorta shit so i'd look into it, or call the realtor if you dealt with one. in fact, our landlord had to even supply the garbage bags for us when we rented in belmar.

really? our realtor is the one who told us this but def did not offer to give them to us............I wonder if it's one of those deals where they supply them by request only or something.

• 2 weeks later...
ok and that means what?

cutoff for south belmar I think is 17th or 18th...16th and down is belmar. different rules..two different towns, two different zip codes, two different police squads (notice the two cop cars...Belmar and So Belmar). Point is...I do not think the rules applied to South Belmar, but they do apply to Belmar

As for Ericone's comment...yes the landlord is supposed to supply so make sure you ask. When i lived in belmar, we had to have clear trash bags...my landlord supplied a whole summer's worth...and i doubt he was doing it "to be nice". The agency we went through told us they were required to supply...so i assume its the same for the stickers