Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A tribute to Lust4House...

philippio

I know we are all recovering from a great weekend of partying. And, there were so many great parties going on in Miami. But this thread is a tribute to the local house promoters/dj's who, week in, week out, book out-of-town dj's, venues and take care of all the nitty-gritty hassles of putting together the events that serve as our scene's foundations on which outsiders rely when they bring their parties. In particular, I'm referring to X'ess this past weekend. This party has been the culmination of lots and lots of hard work and cooperation by promoters. I mean, the dj who opened saturday was our very own Sheldon Prince (of Lust4House). And it was wonderful to see others such as Jon Cowan and Tomas and Joe Budious enjoying the fruits of their labor. Of course it's wonderful to get talent brought in for rare parties. But what would it be like if between these events, every other weekend was dead? This is where local house promoters/dj's shine!!! We should never forget about our locals who have built and work hard to maintain what we've got right now. If it wasn't for them, big-time promoting groups would have an impossible time breaking into what perhaps, would be a non-existent scene! Some of the best parties I've been to and reviewed, have been organized by Vaughan, Sheldon, Cecil and the extended Lust family. Their busy schedule of gigs at Delux, Opium, Blue and Nerve (and previously also Sonar), combined, bring us some of the best house talent in the country (Mark Grant, Johnny Fiasco, Chris Lum, Lego, Dennis Baker, JJK & Brian Tappert and the list goes on...).

Sorry I forgot about you guys... even though Vaughan couldn't make it out on saturday!

Thank you Lust4House.

nice words phillip.....yep, these boys do deserve some MAJOR credit......and its nice to see that the locals in Miami haven't forgot the people that make/made this happen.......

Props to Lust for making it happen and props to Aquabooty for laying the foundation........ my extended Miami family.. :beer:

Wow! :eek:

Not sure what to say except THANKS! Wasn't even sure how to reply....

And to be honest, the LUST crew would have the same to say for Joe, Tomas and the whole Aquabooty gang... they HAVE really been the ones to dedicate themselves to the music we all love and have done all of the hard work... Their dedication to the scene and HUGE talent roster says it all!!!

And I'm sure I speak for Sheldon and the rest of the promoters who do this because they love it... if it wasn't for people like you and the rest of the heads... we'd be hanging out in our living rooms listening to it! And there are also so many jocks and promoters like PM Sessions that I hope keep at it so we can keep this thing going.... you know like the way we used to do it!!!!

• 3 years later...