Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Everyone READ - about Sprit

there has been no problems at the door on fridays.

saturdays are packed and its a diff. kind of party.

if a place is packed - even smaller spots- a group of hot chicks

are always going to receive preferential treatment.

it sucks , but thats the way it is everywhere.

i suggest you pick a night and come by for yourself and not listen

to random people on a message board- you dont know what they're basing

their opinions on. like that one schlep who said that the place sucked

b/c he didnt get a dry hand job in the bathroom.

you never know until you see for yourself.

there has been no problems at the door on fridays.

saturdays are packed and its a diff. kind of party.

if a place is packed - even smaller spots- a group of hot chicks

are always going to receive preferential treatment.

it sucks , but thats the way it is everywhere.

i suggest you pick a night and come by for yourself and not listen

to random people on a message board- you dont know what they're basing

their opinions on. like that one schlep who said that the place sucked

b/c he didnt get a dry hand job in the bathroom.

you never know until you see for yourself.

make sense .. besides the only night i went there .. i had sneaker and no one gave me trouble . so after all they might be wrong

peace

the MASK

dude . thanks for the information . ok .. here is my take on this

what i heard is that the door policy sucked .. it was not you that they were referring to .. but some other guy ..

and that the dress code policy also sucked .. again . if it is about music and people look nice .. even with jeans, sweat pants .. etc. ... then club should not have a problem with that .. coz then they know people will dance their ass off ..

finally .. i heard that in spirit they separate singles from couples .. again . that sucks .. and even tho i go with girls many times . i sill dont wana be treated special .. it is a free country and everyone should be treated similarly and with no discremenation ..

now .that is what i heard .. and i could be wrong ..

the ONLY time i went to Spirit .. i did not have any problem with the door .. even tho i had a sneaker .. however the crowd was dead .. as in no vibe . no love .. some people were jumping . but no dancers ..

and the acts on the stage .. sucks .. sorry .. it feels like high school kids performing or something .. it kina take from the DJ and the music vibe .. to show some strange dancers (no offense .. i am only talking about the dancing act not the people) dressed up in Native Indian costumes (that was not cool at all by the way) .. pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

other than that .. i heard that the DJs are good .. and the bouncers are friendly ..

peace

the MASK

Yes its all about the music, but understand one thing. Sometimes there are people that dress waaay to shitty and sloppy. Spirit or Avalon is not an underground club or rave so you can dress whatever you want. There is a limit and im sure we ALL know that.

Look again what you said. You had no problam at the door and you wore kicks. Then why must you hard on something that didnt happen to you.

If you care to attend let me know or see me at the door.

Victor Soto

Yes its all about the music, but understand one thing. Sometimes there are people that dress waaay to shitty and sloppy. Spirit or Avalon is not an underground club or rave so you can dress whatever you want. There is a limit and im sure we ALL know that.

Look again what you said. You had no problam at the door and you wore kicks. Then why must you hard on something that didnt happen to you.

If you care to attend let me know or see me at the door.

Victor Soto

cool .. you make sense .. and again . i was only saying what i heard .. but personally the only time i went there i did not have a problem

as for dressing .. i believe that dancing clubs should let people dress comfortably but nice in the same time .. when i dance i wana be able to jump and move on the floor .. etc. .. i cant do that with a shirt and a pants .. i gotta wear sneaker and atheletic clothes .. garaunteed i will look nice .. but comfy ..

and thanks for the invitation . i might take u on it .. just remember .. Alan . the mask ..

take care

peace

the MASK

Actually Mitch.......Saturdays at Roxy are the longest successful running Gay Nights in NYC. Hosted by John Blair w/ DJ Peter Rauhofer & guests. They do about 3000 people every Saturday. Not to mention it's been going for over 5 years. So no one turned away Paul or Mike away. The venue was just unavailable.

Actually Mitch.......Saturdays at Roxy are the longest successful running Gay Nights in NYC. Hosted by John Blair w/ DJ Peter Rauhofer & guests. They do about 3000 people every Saturday. Not to mention it's been going for over 5 years. So no one turned away Paul or Mike away. The venue was just unavailable.

too bad we're talking about FRIDAY june 25th- thanks for coming though.