Clubplanet Nightlife Community

John "quivver" Graham plus chris & mono & Jon Cowan fri june11th @nerve

nervelounge

friday june 11th Nerve Lounge & bliss productions presents legendary dj/producer

JOHN "QUIVVER" GRAHAM

along with special guests chris & mono plus resident Jon Cowan

for those of you familiar with quivver you already know, for those of you who don't - this will be one hell of a treat... as usual open bar til midnight - for admissions email sami@nervelounge.com

for those of you familiar with quivver you already know, for those of you who don't - this will be one hell of a treat... as usual open bar til midnight - for admissions email sami@nervelounge.com

Trust me I know.

Quivver (John) is def one of my favorites. John is definitely a pioneer in the underground movement. I can only describe his tracks as PERFECT. Got to love his latest release "Graham & Blades - Real". Been in the front of my crate since day one it was released. Progressive at it's best (in my books) !!!!!!!!!

Definitely attending this one.

"Graham & Blades - Real"

John Graham is without a doubt one of a handful of producers who have played a major part in helping the progressive music scene to grow over the last ten years or so, so when he teams up with Rowan Blades, one half of the highly acclaimed and sadly now defunct outfit Breeder, it's a potentially heavyweight project that on paper shouldn't be overlooked. 'Real' is the first collaboration between these two producers, the first of several they have worked on, and if reaction to the track so far is anything to go by, it looks as though they are onto a winner.

Layer upon layer of big beat percussion off the 'Vocal Mix', and it's not long before the track's crazy elastic bassline rumbles in under the groove. Chimes and melodies expire on the surface, vocal fills panning back and forth as the bassline deflates, a subtle break leading into main vox section, the breathy female solo falling between the funky synth hooks that are teased into the track as it builds. As the main breakdown hits, the percussion takes over again, spinning into a floaty and upbeat chorus, where the vocal and synth lines intertwine with each other for with damaging results, and whilst there's nothing here that one could class as rocket science, it's an effective track nevertheless.

And if you have an aversion to vocals, the 'Topliner Mix' should more than cater for your taste with its's trippy dub sensibilities, dynamic synth arrangements and of course that that hypnotic top line that hooks you from the moment it enters into the fray. The bassline is left to it's own devices, having been upgraded slightly, deeper percussion rounding off the mix in top fashion, with this interpretation designed specifically to get you moving and grooving, and it's consistent results will more than speak for themselves, as you will find out.

This track doesn't try to hide its unashamedly progressive roots, and comes across what it sets out to be, and that's a fun and funky dancefloor record that will get feet moving and bodies rocking. Both of these producers have put together that doesn't pull no punches, and does what it sets out to do, and it's nice to see two people have the balls to just make music that moves people, rather than music that's up it's own ass. Here's looking forward to their next release already..

Sample Here

Enjoy,

Quivver tunes are a part of every top DJ's box and have been for some time now, from -the early days of Saxy Lady and Twist & Shout right up to date with the monstrous She Does, Quivver has been, and continues to be, one of dance music's main attractions.

Quivver was originally signed to A&M Records, where, along with writing partner Neil Barry, they released 2 tracks (as mentioned above), both making huge dents on the dance-floors of the World and gathering a massive, ever growing following for Quivver along the way. The likes of Sasha, Oakenfold, Digweed and many, many more became fans and Quivver became a household name!

During this period John was also recording under the name of Skanna and had a label of the same name where he released around ten tracks that reached the hearts (and record boxes) of people like Fabio and Grooverider and Doc Scott. The Skanna tunes were an outlet for John's darker side - drum and bass and deep beats - influenced by John's love of Hip Hop, Electro and all that went off in the breakbeat days of the 80's.

A shake up at A&M left Quivver free to move onto pastures new and John at this time split with his recording partner, but continued to work under the same name. Paul Oakenfold was first off the mark in the Quivver chase, already a huge fan and seeing this extreme talent free for the taking, Paul snapped up John and signed him to his own Perfecto label. John released tunes on Perfecto; DJ'd as part of their massive tours and continued to blossom until the demise of the label and their split with East West in 98.

Later in 98 John signed up a deal with Virgin records and changed his name for recording to Stoneproof. The release of his first single Everything's Not You on Virgin came with much critical acclaim and huge support at club level with The Quivver Mix on the track being included on Northern Exposure, Resident - 2 Years of Oakenfold at Cream, Sasha's Global Underground and more!

John Graham continues to remix and DJ also and he is also one third of Tilt (along with Mick Park and Mick Wilson). Remixes recently have included Karen Ramirez Lies, Jeff Wayne's Eve of The War, Space Manoeuvres Stage One, Culture Club's Do You Really Want To Hurt Me and Time, and more recently on Libra Calling Your Name and Danny Tenaglia Do You Feel My Love. John is also working in the studio with Sasha as we write working on what promises to be a monster tune for Sasha's album.

Projects for 2000 have seen John release (at last) the massive She Does, which has also just been included in the soundtrack for Maybe Baby tipped to be this years Notting Hill. This year will see John taking a U.S. residency (bi-monthly)@ Twilo N.Y.C, Quivver go live and more European dates as well as new productions.

QUIVVER

ONE LAST TIME

Since the early releases of Sexy Lady and Twist & Shout, Quivver tracks have become essential pieces of vinyl in every DJ's record box. And now after a twelve month recording sabbatical, John Graham returns with a stunning single, One Last Time for VC Recordings.

As one third of Tilt (alongside Mick Park & Mick Wilson) and global DJ escapades, John Graham has kept himself incredibly busy. There's been a whole host of Tilt live shows, wowing crowds from London to Miami. He's been DJing in some of the worlds most inspiring locations, including a recent slot at the Olympic Village in Sydney and an American tour. Plus John has also found time to get creative in the studio with Sasha. One Last Time follows on from last years She Does and has already been championed by Pete Tong's as his Essential New Tune, with needless to say, further support guaranteed by the usual suspects.

Caught somewhere between a dance star and a rock star, John lends his wanton vocals to the single, leaving lyrical interpretation open to the listener. The track is uniquely suited to both solitary moments of reflection and the uplifting excitement of the dancefloor. John's production skills are second to none and he continually sets exciting standards for the rest to follow; proving why he¹s one of the dance community¹s brightest attractions.

From his literally underground beginnings as a coal miner in Coventry, John has carved his way overground and stands poised and ready to blast his way into the mainstream.

jon...try to find out the name of that baleric breaks track that hes been playing...its simply amazing

It certianly is amazing, I would love to know too. Its not the Shpongle track. The track is also on the Sasha & Digweed Essential mix from last month. Its the track before Apollo.

"you twist & shout inside my head" - best prog tune of all time? definitely a possibility - anyone remember when sasha and john dropped this tune on the renaissance 1 cd - the mix collection? definitely one of the top tunes of all time..... - this should be a wicked night of top notch music.... :makeout::bounce:

:werd:

If any of you have this mix hook it up.

PM me

I'll get it friday.. john graham is staying at my house.. i'll be sure to do some major cdr burning... i hope to get all of your support this weekend... come support quivver and our very own dan "pod" vidal :pint: plus open bar til midnight!

I'll get it friday.. john graham is staying at my house.. i'll be sure to do some major cdr burning... i hope to get all of your support this weekend... come support quivver and our very own dan "pod" vidal :pint: plus open bar til midnight!

make SURE you get funky summer jon...what a gem!!!!

Quivver...wow....

first time I heard work from this guy was on a Gatecrasher Red CD.

"She Does" was a hell of a tune, "Daylight" has that progressive sound with mad echoes & a sweet breakdown.

I love his work with Blackwatch...they make some great sounds together too:

"Loveless" is STILL one of my favorite songs! :hoparound