Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Blue Haze – Regaining Consciousness (Nascent)

obby

One label that has had a great last year or so is Nascent Recordings, with solid releases from big and not so big artists. This time they return with an inform producer in Blue Haze, a man that has turned in some great releases with LMR, SAW as well as Minimal. He looks to do the same with Regaining Consciousness.

On the a-side is the Original Mix that flows quite nicely from the outset with smooth warm beats as well as some smooth atmospheric sounds. The track continues to build with trademark Blue Haze melodic tones taking the production in its grasp, elements that are the focus in the delicate breakdown midway in. The track closes off in style, seeing another short breakdown with smooth string patterns provide another highlight.

On the flip, Mike & Adam from 3 Beat Breaks, combine as Dislodged to provide a nice broken beat remix. The smooth melodic elements from the original are warped into a progressive breaks collection of warm melodies and smooth baselines. The track flows nicely with some very solid percussive elements as well as the melodic tones.

Quite a nice release here for Nascent continuing the good form they have been showing as a label. The original and Dislodges remix are both equally as impressive and as such warrant a healthy consideration when you are next in a record store.

Sample Here

Enjoy,

I'm surprised you don't have a residency down in Miami. You seem to be on top of all the good Progressive releases whether it's on the Breakbeat or straightbeat tip.

Thx for the heads up on this track.

I'm surprised you don't have a residency down in Miami. You seem to be on top of all the good Progressive releases whether it's on the Breakbeat or straightbeat tip.

Thx for the heads up on this track.

I'll be honest with you and I hope this doesn't sound selfish in a way but I am simply happy with just knowing that these vinyls are in my possession. In other words I never got into EDM hoping that I would land gigs but more to satisfy my craving for intelligent sounds. After all when I first got into EDM, most people I knew just made fun of the "music with no words" which left me to kind of keep everything to myself. I would say that in the last 5 years or so I have noticed the same people who complained about the music back then are the same ones asking me to hook them up with new tracks or CD's today. Anyway, I have had residencies before which only led to conflicts due to other clubs wanting to book me and the resident club restricting me to deal with others. Wasn't fun getting caught in the middle of that. I guess you can say they took the fun out of it which was a no no in my books. Don't get me wrong though, the few that I have been dealing with lately have totally proved me wrong in this case. They have been nothing but great and extremely fun which is the key in my books to actually wanting to go back.

Anyway, enjoy the track. I know I have.

Peace,

Back to the topic at hand...Blue Haze

For those of you who dig his sounds make sure to keep an ear out for these as well.

Blue Haze - We Feel (Confi-Dance Records)

Blue Haze - Regaining Conciousness (Nascent Recordings)

Blue Haze - Blue Haze EP (Saw Recordings)

Blue Haze - Spacious (Aurium Recordings)

Blue Haze - Steady Waters & Dimension 1 (Wavehammer Music)

Blue Haze - The Abstract - See Me Fall (Deep Records)

Hope that helps,

OBBY