Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Too sore from workout

Guest brwneydtrouble

Guest brwneydtrouble

So I finally got into gear, started going to the gym and hired a trainer. The last three days been working out with him pretty hard.

Today, the fourth day in a row I was supposed to go again but I am so sore, that I can barely walk after sitting for any length of time. My knees get weak and almost give out, my biceps have tightened up to the point that I can't straighten my arms right away.

What can I do for the soreness? I have obviously over done it, but I wont give up working out. I'll probably hit the gym again tomorrow, but take it easy. I'll do abs and lower back which aren't sore anymore.

Day one: abs/lower back

Day two: chest/tris

Day three: shoulders/bis

Day four: lower body

45 min cardio each day after strength training.

yea, thats a typical soreness for a beginner...it starts to lighten up when your body gets used to it...

just take a few days rest and when you feel your body recovered go back and do it again..

....welcome to the wonderful world of weightlifting :)

So I finally got into gear, started going to the gym and hired a trainer. The last three days been working out with him pretty hard.

Today, the fourth day in a row I was supposed to go again but I am so sore, that I can barely walk after sitting for any length of time. My knees get weak and almost give out, my biceps have tightened up to the point that I can't straighten my arms right away.

What can I do for the soreness? I have obviously over done it, but I wont give up working out. I'll probably hit the gym again tomorrow, but take it easy. I'll do abs and lower back which aren't sore anymore.

in other words,you need a massage? :)

Guest brwneydtrouble

Absofreakinlutely. Especially now after dancing at space all night long.....

I hear ya on that.....

For a while I wasnt doing legs until about 6 months ago. The first time I did squats and lunges I couldnt walk right for nearly a week. I kept having my legs buckle when I would walk and I had to hold onto the railing going up and down stairs.

It'll take maybe two weeks and then you'll be fine.

Guest brwneydtrouble

Good looking out Starburst, Ill look into the Arnica.

Jon, thats EXACTLY what im going through now. BTW, how the hell have you been? Its been a while!

switch day 1 and day 3... you need more of a rest between chest and shoulders, and why don't u do your whole back?

Drink more water, stretch more before and after your workout and throughout the day. Make sure you are getting sufficient protein, carbs, fats and vitamins/minerals for your body to recover from your workouts. I know lots of girls whose intentions are well enough in the gym and they workout hard enough, but their diet looks like crap by comparison. Increased stress on your muscles means increased amounts of nutrients are necessary to compensate.

:aright:

• 2 weeks later...

u should also stretch, before, during, and after u lift.

Guest brwneydtrouble
u should also stretch, before, during, and after u lift.

Yeah I do stretch a lot, I used to dance ballet a couple years ago. Im also taking Pilates, but I still get sore all over! I guess I just have to suck it up and get used to it.