Clubplanet Nightlife Community

You think Fred Cheap Wilpon now regrets not signing Vladimir Guerrero

Wilpon not signing Vladimir Guerrero will go down in history as the dumbest Sports move ever.

They could have signed him for 5 years 80 million. That is a steal. But Fred was to cheap to pay him. Guerrero is hitting 350, 14 homeruns and leading the majors in Rbi's with 49.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with you on that... especially after the 9 rbi night several days ago. The Mets have their foots shoved pretty high up their asses on that one... much like the Boston Red Sox and the A-Rod deal that went sour since they wanted to fight over pennies...

I totally agree with you on that... especially after the 9 rbi night several days ago. The Mets have their foots shoved pretty high up their asses on that one... much like the Boston Red Sox and the A-Rod deal that went sour since they wanted to fight over pennies...

much like the 8 million our buddy Georgie paid Contreras to be one of the games mediocre middle relivers :laugh::laugh::laugh:

funny....I just read an article showing how Steinbrenner looks like a turd on a deserted highway with his outrageous payroll:

"Consider, for example, the Yankees' 2006 payroll. They already have approximately $93 million ($76.6 in average annual salary) committed to just six players (if they pick up Bernie Williams' option):

Derek Jeter: $21 million

Jason Giambi: $20 million

Mike Mussina: $19 million

Bernie Williams: $15 million

Jorge Posada: $12 million"

too bad our man has too much tied up in a bunch of wastes instead of signing Vlad for themselves. Maybe if Georgie wasn't such a reckless spender, they wouldnt be neck and neck with a team missing half their line-up.

Lets see for example...$21 mil for a player that is hitting worse then Rey Ordonez (rotflmao), 20 mil for Giambi who, well, I'll leave that accident alone, $19 mil for the guy who cant throw above 90 mph, $15 mil for a platoon player that gives up time to Bubba Crosby and Kenny Lofton, and $12 mil for a catcher who cant throw anyone out behind the plate (although Jorge is one of the better offensive catchers this game has seen).

Keep taking shots at the Sox.....the Yankees have a lot more to laugh about Jack

much like the 8 million our buddy Georgie paid Contreras to be one of the games mediocre middle relivers :laugh::laugh::laugh:

funny....I just read an article showing how Steinbrenner looks like a turd on a deserted highway with his outrageous payroll:

"Consider, for example, the Yankees' 2006 payroll. They already have approximately $93 million ($76.6 in average annual salary) committed to just six players (if they pick up Bernie Williams' option):

Derek Jeter: $21 million

Jason Giambi: $20 million

Bernie Williams: $15 million

Jorge Posada: $12 million"

too bad our man has too much tied up in a bunch of wastes instead of signing Vlad for themselves. Maybe if Georgie wasn't such a reckless spender, they wouldnt be neck and neck with a team missing half their line-up.

Lets see for example...$21 mil for a player that is hitting worse then Rey Ordonez (rotflmao), 20 mil for Giambi who, well, I'll leave that accident alone, $19 mil for the guy who cant throw above 90 mph, $15 mil for a platoon player that gives up time to Bubba Crosby and Kenny Lofton, and $12 mil for a catcher who cant throw anyone out behind the plate (although Jorge is one of the better offensive catchers this game has seen).

Keep taking shots at the Sox.....the Yankees have a lot more to laugh about Jack

In business, everything is not all "peachy" - you make some good decisions and some bad ones. With that said, I think Contreras was a bad decision and was against it from the beginning... additionally, I think Heredia needs to be sent to an Iraqi firing line...

We've made plenty of bad decisions over recent years... similar to keeping Pedro Martinez in the game... big accomplishment that pussy achieved...

Will I take shots at George Steinbrenner? No.

Is it because I am a biased Yankee fan? No.

Is it because he has achieved something these other godforsaken New York teams can never bring me... (1) Pride, (2) Sucess, (3) Memories... you get my drift... YES. Point said, I have been a Knicks (and Jets for that matter) fan since the 80's and have experienced many heart breaks along the way. I can actually understand how bitter you Boston cocksuckers actually are for not having won a championship in so many years. Talk shit as you must. This will be my guarantee (and please save this post for reference if you must) BOSTON WILL NOT WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR. Moreover, the team will be torn apart within two years due to "high payroll and lack of success" - too bad Pedro (HOW MUCH DO YOU PAY HIM STEPHON?) is an overpaid bitch and can't be a dominant pitcher... aside from the "big game pitcher" that I stated prior to last year's post-season. I don't think I have to rehash last year's ALCS...

Our bats are just getting started...

pedro3.jpg

In business, everything is not all "peachy" - you make some good decisions and some bad ones. With that said, I think Contreras was a bad decision and was against it from the beginning... additionally, I think Heredia needs to be sent to an Iraqi firing line...

We've made plenty of bad decisions over recent years... similar to keeping Pedro Martinez in the game... big accomplishment that pussy achieved...

Will I take shots at George Steinbrenner? No.

Is it because I am a biased Yankee fan? No.

Is it because he has achieved something these other godforsaken New York teams can never bring me... (1) Pride, (2) Sucess, (3) Memories... you get my drift... YES. Point said, I have been a Knicks (and Jets for that matter) fan since the 80's and have experienced many heart breaks along the way. I can actually understand how bitter you Boston cocksuckers actually are for not having won a championship in so many years. Talk shit as you must. This will be my guarantee (and please save this post for reference if you must) BOSTON WILL NOT WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR. Moreover, the team will be torn apart within two years due to "high payroll and lack of success" - too bad Pedro (HOW MUCH DO YOU PAY HIM STEPHON?) is an overpaid bitch and can't be a dominant pitcher... aside from the "big game pitcher" that I stated prior to last year's post-season. I don't think I have to rehash last year's ALCS...

Our bats are just getting started...

pedro3.jpg

$17 mil for Pedro...thats not as much as you guys are paying for Mussina

$93 mil for 6 players....throw A-Rod's salary in there and its $118 for seven players. The entire Red Sox payroll is $103 mil so next time you wanna whine about how the Red Sox overspend as well, remember that the Red Sox bankroll an entire squad with less money than the what the Yankees cant even cover a line-up card with.

btw....I wont be so bitter once the Sox are back in first where they belong and the Stephen is pronounced STEVEN, not Stephon

$93 mil for 6 players....throw A-Rod's salary in there and its $118 for seven players. The entire Red Sox payroll is $103 mil so next time you wanna whine about how the Red Sox overspend as well, remember that the Red Sox bankroll an entire squad with less money than the what the Yankees cant even cover a line-up card with.

btw....I wont be so bitter once the Sox are back in first where they belong and the Stephen is pronounced STEVEN, not Stephon

Ummmm Stephon - you stand corrected...

1. Mike Mussina's salary for 2004 is $16million.

2. Pedro Martinez's salary for 2004 is $17.5million.

Now you should be able to tell me which gentlemen is paid more money...

All that you Red Sox fans know how to do is bitch about the Yankee's salary. If you guys had the same money, you would be in the same boat... after all, the variance would be less if you picked up A-Rod - but you guys failed. This arguement is weak already. It's like saying two guys are going to jail for one man killing 10 people and the other man killing 20... either way, they are still killers... so stop the whining and take your bib off...

Ummmm Stephon - you stand corrected...

1. Mike Mussina's salary for 2004 is $16million.

2. Pedro Martinez's salary for 2004 is $17.5million.

Now you should be able to tell me which gentlemen is paid more money...

All that you Red Sox fans know how to do is bitch about the Yankee's salary. If you guys had the same money, you would be in the same boat... after all, the variance would be less if you picked up A-Rod - but you guys failed. This arguement is weak already. It's like saying two guys are going to jail for one man killing 10 people and the other man killing 20... either way, they are still killers... so stop the whining and take your bib off...

ummmm pecker, I took that out of an article on ESPN.com so if you got arguements about salary, take it up with ESPN

truth of the matter is any team would do what the Spankees do if they were in the same boat, but not every team has too much wealth and makes it unfair to all the other teams. As much as you wanna complain about the Sox should have spent more and how they have such a crazy payroll....remember that the Yankees have 160% that of the Red Sox (103 mil compared to 160 mil).

Admit that you buy your teams success and rest without denial Jack!

ummmm pecker, I took that out of an article on ESPN.com so if you got arguements about salary, take it up with ESPN

truth of the matter is any team would do what the Spankees do if they were in the same boat, but not every team has too much wealth and makes it unfair to all the other teams. As much as you wanna complain about the Sox should have spent more and how they have such a crazy payroll....remember that the Yankees have 160% that of the Red Sox (103 mil compared to 160 mil).

Admit that you buy your teams success and rest without denial Jack!

Please entertain me and find the link to the "article" since I found the information I posted on Espn...

The Yankees are where they are today since they continue to reinvest the money in the team... other owners prefer to try and make a buck for their own pocket from their respective teams. The Yankees where in the same boat as every other team back in the 80's... they made themselves what they are today... the money didn't fall out of the sky. Stop hating...

Additionally, please stop posting numbers or any types of analysis since you are looking like a fool... 103million compared to 160million is a 160% increase?

Did you use an abacus to calculate that percentage? How could the number not double and be over a 100% increase? The correct answer is a 55% increase.

"No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison

"No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison

now.....I will quote Billy Madison

"No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul."

I said the Yankees have a payroll that is 160% of the Red Sox'...if you wanna get technical its 155.3398058% (used the calculator for that one).

I hope you make it to the bar when we do our Red Sox-Yankees meetup in the city later....that beer your gonna buy me is gonna taste mmmm mmmm good. :pint:

Wilpon not signing Vladimir Guerrero will go down in history as the dumbest Sports move ever.

They could have signed him for 5 years 80 million. That is a steal. But Fred was to cheap to pay him. Guerrero is hitting 350, 14 homeruns and leading the majors in Rbi's with 49.

The expos are notorious for giving up great players. Big names that come into mind are Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, Moises Alou just to name a few. There are more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

In business, everything is not all "peachy" - you make some good decisions and some bad ones. With that said, I think Contreras was a bad decision and was against it from the beginning...

Rumor has it that Yankees might be dealing Contreras for someone big, but I hate rumors so I do not want to speculate. We'll just have to wait and see.

Almost every topic turns into a yankee thread in this forum. :laugh:

Rumor has it that Yankees might be dealing Contreras for someone big, but I hate rumors so I do not want to speculate. We'll just have to wait and see.

Almost every topic turns into a yankee thread in this forum. :laugh:

I can't fathom who would be stupid enough to take Contreras off the Yankees hands... the guy has serious confidence issues. In order to prepare himself for the majors, he shouldn't be sent to AAA or AA ball, but rather a shrink.

Jon - I will be there hopefully (baring any interuptions from work since the meetup will probably be during the week). I am like Pavlov's dog right now, everytime I hear "Boston," I start salivate over the thoughts of free beer.

:beer:

The Yanks are not paying AROD $25 million a year Texas is picking up 68 million over the last 7yrs of the contract..............

that being said who gives a shit , Salary discussion is so skewed depending on where your getting you figures from(incentives, siginig bonus, deferred salary,other team picking up part of contract)

THe one thing that is true is the Yanks spend the most and the sox spend the 2nd most

nuff said ....play the fuckin games

The expos are notorious for giving up great players. Big names that come into mind are Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, Moises Alou just to name a few. There are more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

hells yeah ...Spos had a good squad thru the 90s

JOhnson/Martinez nice 1-2 Wetteland was their closer

also had Cliff FLoyd, Larry Walker, Marquis Grissom, Delino Deshields,Andres Galaragga

The Yanks are not paying AROD $25 million a year Texas is picking up 68 million over the last 7yrs of the contract..............

that being said who gives a shit , Salary discussion is so skewed depending on where your getting you figures from(incentives, siginig bonus, deferred salary,other team picking up part of contract)

THe one thing that is true is the Yanks spend the most and the sox spend the 2nd most

nuff said ....play the fuckin games

thats actually not true....the payroll for the Mets is more than the Red Sox. If you factor in all the guys the Mets owe money to that are out of baseball, you'd see that the current PAYROLL for the Mets is more.

Just sayin

btw.....you gonna be down for buying myself, magellan, and jtk some budweiser?

thats actually not true....the payroll for the Mets is more than the Red Sox. If you factor in all the guys the Mets owe money to that are out of baseball, you'd see that the current PAYROLL for the Mets is more.

Just sayin

btw.....you gonna be down for buying myself, magellan, and jtk some budweiser?

LIke i said payroll arguments are so skewed depending on what source your lookin at and what factors they use..u got link for that about the mets??

would love to get drunk on your dime, but im gonna be in DIsney/Universal that weekend , if the meet up goes well and no bloodshed, plan one the next series in July as welll :beer:

When he hits the DL (and he will, cause it's happened the past 5 years), then you'll see why the Mets were smart that they didn't overpay for him.

I give the Angels 2 years max before they trade him

i will take u up on that offer...grass aint the same as carpet...less injuries...

Just to slide off the topic a lil (but staying with the concept of blowing deals/signings) Fred and his 'experts' balked at going for Soriano and sending Jose reyes packing. Reyes is a young kid, and from the injury report at the start of the season, he was supposed to have been back a long time ago. Kid is at his early twenties and taking the same amount of time to recover like a 65 year old. tsk tsk tsk.

Talking of bad judge of talent... its almost comical as to what Armando "imma shut you down" Benitez is doing down in Florida. Now i can understand if the yamkees chewed and spat him out in a hot NY minute(mercernaries want results ASAP!) But how come Benitez didnt work out in NY Mets lineup ?? Its the same guy... am i missing something here ??

Sure they got burned by fat ass Mo Vaughn (but they recovered most of his contract from the insurance policy), but with the kind of cash at Wilpons diposal, he should be able to take risks. Doubleday(former partner) put it best, Fred is like king Tut sitting by the roadside waiting for his camel ride :laugh: miracles dont happen, you gotta go for it.

Eh, mets will be back in competition when its all said and done..hang in there. :)

$19 mil for the guy who cant throw above 90 mph

For your information, whoever wrote this is a fucking moron because Mussina has been hitting above 90mph for about a month now. Not to mention he has 7 wins now, which, besides Curt Schilling who also has 7, is more than any of your other starters. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Talking of bad judge of talent... its almost comical as to what Armando "imma shut you down" Benitez is doing down in Florida. Now i can understand if the yamkees chewed and spat him out in a hot NY minute(mercernaries want results ASAP!) But how come Benitez didnt work out in NY Mets lineup ?? Its the same guy... am i missing something here ??

Yeh you are missing alot, ARe you serious??... What Armando did in a met uniform?...and the yankeees did have him and got rid of him in about a month.

you make it too easy maggie

Another misinformed post from Magellan... who would have guessed?

MAYBE it was because Benitez blew more games (in the Post Season) than a cheap whore in Hunts Point... Kinda makes you wonder why they got rid of him, huh? Welcome to reality!